Thread: Noisy clutch pedal

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Noisy clutch pedal

Lately I've noticed a small almost grinding/creaking sound when I press the clutch pedal. Its not the pedal pivot thats making noise but somewhere within the cable/tensioner guide assembly or possibly elsewhere. Its a metal on plastic sound.

I was going to pull the cable out, clean and apply some oil to inside the cable sheath. Check and verify everything is moving/guided properly and nothing in binding or rubbing.

cable has about 82,000 miles on it and its a genuine Mopar replacement one.

and on a related note. I know the clutch pedal pivot bushings are discontinued and out of stock everywhere but is the cable guide/tensioner 'paw' and that little plastic block that the cable hooks into discontinued also ? I get kind of paranoid thinking if that thing breaks then I'm totally up the $hit creek big time without spares on hand.

turbo addict

Re: Noisy clutch pedal

I would pay close attention to the cable. Sounds like 1 strand may have broken and is rubbing against the sheath & cable when you actuate the clutch.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

I stopped by napa today and ordered one. Standard free parts truck transport so its gonna be another week and a half before arrival. $33.00 not too bad I guess.

Also tookout the one on the car finally. Nothing appeared to be out of order but I did spray some lube down the cable and dripped some clean motor oil down either end. Noise is still there, I'd almost wonder if its something inside the bellhousing ? Sound does transfer very easily in these cars.

And my new cable came in today. Right down to the part number stamped on it and 'made in canada' tag . It is identical to one you would buy from the dealer and for 1/2 the price