Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Aries Wagon Progress

Re: Aries Wagon Progress

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    I would be, if we weren't on opposite coasts! PM me with a "make me get on a plane" price and maybe...
    Lol, this isn't one of those cars. This is a bring a trailer car. 2 pc intake, FWD fuel rail with +20's an Accufab, brand new short block and a t3/t4 to4b turbo and a g body rad ic assembly is whats there.

turbo addict

arugh
    dag nabit... I've got a silver early K front clip I've been saveing since the late 90's , 2 cloth daytona buckets and the right 5 spd console for a K car - in dark grey ... a digital cluster WITH tach & 16 inch pumper rims ..and do you think I can find a decient K wagon ... NO , not a chance

florida ...scrapping ... I just wanna scream

Hopefully it won't come to scrapping. Its got some slight rust but far from gone. I also have cast control arms with urethane bushings and polybushings sway bar.

Turbo Dodges are worse than a dose of the Clap, at least you can get rid of the Clap. This past weekend I cleaned out the garage and shoved the wagon inside so I can work on it. Unless I find some large surprise maybe after Easter i'll get back on it.

The Florida sun has done a lot of damage to the paint but the interior is mostly still good. Thats a shadow not a dent on the right fender.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Got off work around 1 PM today so got a little more work done:
    So far from this:

To This:

[IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/ACRTURTLE/Aries%20K/aries002-1.jpg[/IMG
    This what happens when a project sits abandoned. Doesn't look almost new. I've never even started the engine.

At least the hatch area cleaned up again.

So the whole ratty engine bay is killing me. It's not a show car but I like a somewhat clean bay. Well my mild OCD bit me. I decided to bead blast the w/p housing and replace the w/p:

All but two bolts cooperated. If I can't get them out this will be added to my jy list.

The rest of the stuff to be blasted, vc not pictured:

Plus the alt adj brkt I need to get. New alt bushings ordered today as well. Once the engines buttoned up i'll start on the fuel lines, pump and tank.

If theres something I hate, its something I don't like...

Went to the jy Sunday and had to basically pull two water pump housings to get one where all the bolts came out. Found one with a fresh w/p so for $13 I got a housing, pulley, pump and an alt adj bracket I needed as well as the tear drop part in great shape which I didn't need since I have the rbryant bracket. Sand blasted the alt bracket, idler pulley bracket, w/p housing and all the misc bolts. Painted everything not aluminum and now I just need to get new w/p seals, repaint the block and I can start to do the final assembly then start on the fuel system and hopefully start burning gas.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567