Thread: intalling wiper arm bushings

Mitsu booster

intalling wiper arm bushings

i'll try it here...

so... here's my tale...
    I got two bushings, even though only my passenger side wiper was the one out of order. Well, i succeeded in mangling one of the bushings. ok. no big deal. I have a back up. Or so i thought. During a day of three or so straight weeks of rain, the driver's side kicked the bucket. Well, obviously, that one is the important one. So giving it a go, about 5 minutes in, being careful not to mangle, i had a good start on clicking the bushing into the arm coming off the wiper motor. But i needed a pair of plyers, so i gingerly set the arm back down, and i was blatantly incorrect about having a good start. The bushing fell out, and fell into a hole out of the engine bay towards the wheel well. Believe i followed it into a weird gap between the wheel well and firewall, i soon found out i was wrong and the bushing made it's way into the frame.. i believe.

anyway, made my way to the dealership, got three more bushings (one extra).
    I got both bushings clipped into the motor arms easily this time. Got the drivers side clipped onto the wiper arm. Great start. However, the arm from the wiper motor, doesn't reach where it needs to clip onto the passenger wiper when the wiper is at rest, as the wiper motor is (aka, turned off, not shut off in mid wipe). If i raise the wiper PAST normal range, then it's reachable. I did turn on the wipers, and turn the key off to see if the motor arm would be in a better position, but it then vacates the little tiny hole alotted for working in. So... i gave it a shot to see if i could maneuver the wiper by hand after clicking the motor arm onto the wiper. So it's clicked on, wiper in full wiping position. the motor arm in position of off. bad move. veeeerrry briefly turning on the wipers showed me the wiper then wanted to REVERSE normal operation direction and wipe INTO my engine bay. yibes. Luckily it unclipped from the motor arm, with just MINOR bending of the motor arm. that is no big deal... anyway, that long mildly entertaining story just leads me to asking...nay begging for input on how to properly clip the motor arm (with bushing) onto the wiper arm.
    thank you!

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Re: intalling wiper arm bushings

2022 Viper runs 9s

Mitsu booster

Re: intalling wiper arm bushings

pretty detailed, but not of what i actually need. sadly. this is bad news.