Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 87-89 Daytona T-top Model

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Re: WTB: 87-89 Daytona T-top Model

Bob,

Can't help with the T tops, but I do know someone that is soon to be selling a 100% rust free shell. Firebaron90 (Joe D'Ambrosio) has an 89 Daytona Shelby, blue/silver package color. It's a hard top, and it's a PA car (Philly area), but it has NO rust (at least zero as of March of this year, last time I was under it). I do mean zero rust, it's amazing for this area. Never been in an accident, and has good glass, and at most a few dings (nothing that I would consider a "dent"). It will need new paint, as the paint is starting to do that "bleach" look on the roof.

Joe is looking to take all the work he did (engine, trans, etc), and put it into a Lebaron or Shadow. Which will leave a rust free shell. He *may* sell the car outright (ready to drive), not sure if you want what he has (T2 with some *nice* go fast goodies in the engine buildup, auto trans with reverse manual valve body). Both the engine and trans were worked on by Brian Slowe. Interior is also VERY clean, I think the only issue is a sagging headliner. He also has a whole spare front fascia to go with it (correct blue color).

If you are really interested, PM me and I will give you his phone number (he just bought a house and may not be on the forum a lot these days).
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by LaserXT1986 View Post
    Bob,

Can't help with the T tops, but I do know someone that is soon to be selling a 100% rust free shell. Firebaron90 (Joe D'Ambrosio) has an 89 Daytona Shelby, blue/silver package color. It's a hard top, and it's a PA car (Philly area), but it has NO rust (at least zero as of March of this year, last time I was under it). I do mean zero rust, it's amazing for this area. Never been in an accident, and has good glass, and at most a few dings (nothing that I would consider a "dent"). It will need new paint, as the paint is starting to do that "bleach" look on the roof.

Joe is looking to take all the work he did (engine, trans, etc), and put it into a Lebaron or Shadow. Which will leave a rust free shell. He *may* sell the car outright (ready to drive), not sure if you want what he has (T2 with some *nice* go fast goodies in the engine buildup, auto trans with reverse manual valve body). Both the engine and trans were worked on by Brian Slowe. Interior is also VERY clean, I think the only issue is a sagging headliner. He also has a whole spare front fascia to go with it (correct blue color).

If you are really interested, PM me and I will give you his phone number (he just bought a house and may not be on the forum a lot these days).
    Thanks Dave--

Actually, Joe was the first person I spoke to about cars back in the spring. He had offered me his back then but as I am really buying this as a summer DD, and his was more of a street racer, it did not exactly fit my needs. I would be interested in it as a roller as I migh tbe picking up an 87 with automatic but badly rusted body. I still have his contact info. Maybe I will call him. Thanks for the lead.
    Last edited by Bob the Medic; 11-17-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Medic View Post
    Thanks Dave--

Actually, Joe was the first peoson I spoke to about cars back in the spring. He had offered me his back then but as I am really buying this as a summer DD, and his was more of a street racer, it did not exactly fit my needs. I would be interested in it as a roller as I migh tbe picking up an 87 with automatic but badly rusted body. I still have his contact info. Maybe I will call him. Thanks for the lead.
    No problem!!
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

Garrett booster

Still looking. Narrowed down to Blue 87-89 with Automatic. Might take a solid top if I cannot find the T-top.

Hybrid booster

Garrett booster

Thanks. If it was a different color than red and about $2000 less I would buy it. Just sold a all red one. Not my color. Not so bad in 89 because it has the silver ground effects.

Buy my daytona and get a blue 89 ttop car with it =)

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbokid View Post
    Buy my daytona and get a blue 89 ttop car with it =)
    Now we're talking. I will send you a PM for details.

Mitsu booster

Bob,
    I sold my blue T-Top Shelby but I do have a white 87 with maroon leather and T-Tops. It is also an auto. It has a fresh motor in it with 0 miles. Just needs a windshield. 1K takes it.
    Located in Va. 22520
    Herb

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Bob,
    I sold my blue T-Top Shelby but I do have a white 87 with maroon leather and T-Tops. It is also an auto. It has a fresh motor in it with 0 miles. Just needs a windshield. 1K takes it.
    Located in Va. 22520
    Herb
    Thanks Herb-- I think I migh thave photos of it. Let me go back and review. Trying to stay away from any more T-tops with windshield issue. Big hassle here in NJ. I will e-mail you privately for photos.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Bob,
    Located in Va. 22520
    Herb
    Herb--

I have not found the old photos. Can you please send a batch to me including interior, exterior, motor and windshield showing bad areas? e-mail is njmedic1725@yahoo.com.

turbo addict

Theres an 89 or 90 blue and silver T1 automatic shelby daytona for sale in Sarasota, Florida. Is supposed to run great and have a decent interior. Local dealership and mopar nut owns it. The guy was asking $1500 for it over a year ago, still sitting there lol.. Needs paint bad tho

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1984rampage View Post
    Theres an 89 or 90 blue and silver T1 automatic shelby daytona for sale in Sarasota, Florida. Is supposed to run great and have a decent interior. Local dealership and mopar nut owns it. The guy was asking $1500 for it over a year ago, still sitting there lol.. Needs paint bad tho
    Can you please e-mail me privately with details at njmedic1725@yahoo.com I am actually shipping my white 89 down to Florida so can have trucking company make a return trip with the blue one if I like it.

Thanks!

Garrett booster

Ttt ttt

Garrett booster

ttt ttt

Garrett booster

Bump--Still looking

You might want to do some research into this car...it appears to be just what you want

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2476078
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    You might want to do some research into this car...it appears to be just what you want

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2476078
    But is he selling it?? Have to look at his info. Yes. That is what I am looking for. Thanks Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Medic View Post
    But is he selling it?? Have to look at his info. Yes. That is what I am looking for. Thanks Paul.
    I've got no idea, just found it while surfing...you're gonna have to do some research. Good luck!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

id say try all to save it kinda sounds like some dumb kid has it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast