Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 89 Horizon Project

Hybrid booster

Re: My 89 Horizon Project

I looked at the DDG again and sent Gary a pm asking for some clarification. In the intake section of the turbo database he says "Speaking of milling, .20-.30 milled off your head is equal to 2 degrees of retarded cam timing. Get offset cam keys to set it back (unless you want your cam timing retarded of course)". On my first read (earlier today) I read 2 - 3 thou which got me worked up and resulted in the post. On second read through it could mean 20 - 30 thou or 200 -300 thou.

Once more the extent of my automotive knowledge gets me to a place where I question what the hell I'm doing.
    Martin
    89 Horizon

As for the turbo TBI, keep the charge air cool, give it enough fuel and I bet you'll max out the mitsu turbo

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I figured those numbers were off, thats why i wanted to do the math myself. But i believe the NEW numbers so no need now.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

It"s Alive!!!!!!! again. This time with the 40 over Ross pistons, ARP hardware and so on. The position of the distributer says to me that something is off. Timing belt off a tooth or two??

Martin

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

you can get the intermediate shaft gear off by several teeth, and as long as you can get your base timing set correctly by turning the distributor, it doesnt hurt a damn thing. Honestly, i dont even bother to try lining up the int. shaft with anything. I just set the timing window to 0, the distributor slot roughly parallel with the block, and focus on getting the cam gear right. I dont look at the crank or int shaft timing marks at all, ever.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123