Thread: lm logging trouble

turbo addict

lm logging trouble

Failed to establish high baud mode with LM. Baud set back to 976

what the hell does that mean in lmlog? i cant get this to work for the life of me. im about to just say ---- this and get megasquirt.

Garrett booster

Re: lm logging trouble

The message means it can't talk to the Logic Module. It's trying to say, Hey LM why don't you kick up the communication speed so we can get some logging going on? Since there is no response or the incorrect response the error is presented. This is always due to some sort of com port configuration problem or some hardware failure. There is no information to help diagnose the problem but: Does any scan tool work on the car? Is the serial converter working? Which com port on the laptop is hooked up to the serial converter? Is LMLog setup on the correct com port?

Unless you need LMLog just for Adaptives or Codes, then try out the Logworks LM plugin. I believe it can be made to work without an LC-1 or LM-1. (Sorry if I am wrong) The combination of Logworks and the LM plugin will be far superior for data logging.

LMLog is simply a program I wrote for my car a few years ago, in my free time between getting married, buying a house and rasing a family, and decided to share to possibly help others. Because of it working or not working should not influence a decision to change ECU hardware or reflect on stock ECUs in general.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jpcturbo View Post
    Unless you need LMLog just for Adaptives or Codes, then try out the Logworks LM plugin. I believe it can be made to work without an LC-1 or LM-1. (Sorry if I am wrong) The combination of Logworks and the LM plugin will be far superior for data logging.
    It can be made to work, but you have to copy some files around. If lmlog doesn't work then the other stuff probably won't work either, since it does almost the same things. We can come back to that. I've never had an instance where lmlog didn't work and my code worked (take from that what you will ).

@roachjuice:
    1st off, you're using a dlp-txrx-g adapter, correct? If so, have you run mprog against it to ensure that it's configured correctly?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by risen View Post
    It can be made to work, but you have to copy some files around. If lmlog doesn't work then the other stuff probably won't work either, since it does almost the same things. We can come back to that. I've never had an instance where lmlog didn't work and my code worked (take from that what you will ).

@roachjuice:
    1st off, you're using a dlp-txrx-g adapter, correct? If so, have you run mprog against it to ensure that it's configured correctly?
    damn. lol i had my txrx wires crossed. works great. i wired to my lm harness. i used 5 volt to map, sensor ground, and the light green and pink wires. invert settings on the mprog. works great. no soldering. ill have to do a roachjuice's cheap --- way. thanks for the responses.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

You don't even need the 5v/gnd, but having them connected won't hurt. I really need to update that KB article.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by risen View Post
    You don't even need the 5v/gnd, but having them connected won't hurt. I really need to update that KB article.
    ehh their connected and im not doing it again lol. but good to know.

Garrett booster

Sorry for cutting out on the conversation. I got pretty sick last week. Glad to see you guys got it working!

Chem was always my datalogging reference program.