Thread: rear upper shock bolts on '90 Daytona??

boostaholic

rear upper shock bolts on '90 Daytona??

What are the specs, size and stuff on them? I have to replace mine on both sides and have to have the new ones before I start to replace them, 'cause I need the car.

Re: rear upper shock bolts on '90 Daytona??

You could spend the extra money at the dealer. You will pretty much get the right bolts the first time. Its extremely hard to find bolts/nuts anywhere in my area.

So I head to the dealer most times for suspension parts like bolts. Doing so has saved me alot of headaches.

Also, use antisieze on bolt the top/bottom bolts when you replace your shocks. Might want to put some antiseeze in the bushing holes too.

later
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by inmyshadow
    You could spend the extra money at the dealer. You will pretty much get the right bolts the first time. Its extremely hard to find bolts/nuts anywhere in my area.

later
    Really?? I have a Home Depot near me that has TONS of nuts and bolts...grade 8 too.

I need to get the bolts before I start working because I won't be able to go anywhere once I take the old shocks off..
    Do you know how about how much the nuts and bolt will be if I have to go to the dealer?

I paid like 7 bucks for the four bolts and two nuts.

If you need, buy one bolt,then visit your local homedepot for the other three and nuts.

Around me,there is really no source for metric fasteners.
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd

Garrett booster

I looked them up. Bolt is # 6101439 $7.95 EA! Nut # is 6100518 $3.85 EA! Chrysler is nuts! I cannot believe the prices they are putting on some of this stuff. I would go to the hardware store too. I have seen a nasty trend with Mopar here of late. Alot of the older parts prices are going through the roof.

Then just buy one bolt. The bolts are the same between the top and bottom.

I can't comment on high dealer prices. I just bought a new oil cap from Mopar for 8 bucks. Seems like a good deal to me.

later

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sweet
    I looked them up. Bolt is # 6101439 $7.95 EA! Nut # is 6100518 $3.85 EA! Chrysler is nuts! I cannot believe the prices they are putting on some of this stuff. I would go to the hardware store too. I have seen a nasty trend with Mopar here of late. Alot of the older parts prices are going through the roof.

turbo addict

Might be metric, make sure it "IS" the correct size or it will just slop in the hole and thunk all of the time.

Johnny

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sweet
    I called the local stealership yesterday and the parts guy told me he couldn't get the nut and washers, but the bolts were $15.65 each. I laughed at him.

If I only knew the size and specs of the bolt I could go get one elsewhere.

turbo addict

What happened to the old bolts and nuts?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe
    What happened to the old bolts and nuts?
    They're so rusted and round off so easily that I have to cut them off with a sawzall.