Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: excessive blow by problem, solved

Re: excessive blow by problem, solved

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    If you are asking that the further down the evac connection is made effects vacuum?
    That's what I was asking. I might have to try this out, my current system doesn't seem to be working.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER60omni View Post
    I have the simple method....... stock PVC in stock 3 way elbow. PVC valve in top hole and the bottom hole I clamped a piece of pipe for a junction to attatch a piece of heater hose and ran to the ground (or just after the K frame). NEVER had a blow by issue at 35+psi + Nitrous. I have a solid motor tho with little to no blow by. Once and a great while after a hard run down the highway on a long 4th-5th gear pull it will leave like 3 drops of oil from the hose, but its dry 99.9% of the time.
    Same setup on my old (RIP) 89 Tona @14psi, daily beater.
    I still plan on plumbing the scavenge kit on the Charger, for a better wear on the rings. (makes me feel better?)
    Turboscotty used those kits on his 25psi Turbo Scamp, and his circletrack car.
    Both behaved well, and you know how much you rev the piss out of a circle-track 2.2!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

They work. You might want to check how much vacuum you are pulling when you're in the boost. In theory too much crankcase vacuum could interfere with the oil pump's low side pick up. Supposedly, maximum benefit is at about 15# of vacuum. Haven't done it, but I imagine that you can regulate the amount of vacuum with a Grainger valve. Just tee it into the hose between your gulp valve and the valve cover/crankcase to bleed atmospheric air into the vacuum line. There are vacuum relief valves sold that bleed air into the valve cover but for a street car the air sucked into the VC should be filtered. Putting the bleed in the vacuum line avoids that problem; any dirt just goes out to the exhaust.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Why not just run the valve cover port through a catch can and then to the intake before the turbo?

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Duster View Post
    Why not just run the valve cover port through a catch can and then to the intake before the turbo?
    Because catch cans fill up. That said, you can put a one way check valve in a drain line from a catch can and have that drain line connect back up to the crankcase.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Is the actual PCV valve required if using a catch can and running the vacuum line to the intake before the turbo?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Duster View Post
    Is the actual PCV valve required if using a catch can and running the vacuum line to the intake before the turbo?
    Yes

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

stock PVC in stock 3 way elbow. PVC valve in top hole and the bottom hole I clamped a piece of pipe for a junction to attatch a piece of heater hose and ran to the ground (or just after the K frame).
    How much harder would it have been to make a hole in the intake tube and run it to there, like factory? Seems better than having it blow oil all under you car

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Because catch cans fill up. That said, you can put a one way check valve in a drain line from a catch can and have that drain line connect back up to the crankcase.
    If your catch can is "filling up" your motor is on the way out. Mine is very small and has yet to fill up (even a 1/10) with a few hundred miles. I did have it get half full once when I was tuning and has it so rich fuel was making it past the rings....

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    You don't want the trapped oil/crud going back into your engine, its nasty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by t3rse View Post
    If your catch can is "filling up" your motor is on the way out. Mine is very small and has yet to fill up (even a 1/10) with a few hundred miles. I did have it get half full once when I was tuning and has it so rich fuel was making it past the rings....
    Exactly, my worn engine would fill it once a week, when it was new, it would take months to even get a drop in there.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12