Thread: Sds em-4f

Sds em-4f

I need a new trans., so I gotta sell some stuff. I bought this about 6-8 months ago from a member of this board and never installed it. This is the SDS system that comes with coil packs. It has a heavy duty bracket for a 2.2/2.5 to mount the pick-up for the magnets that go into the crank pulley. It also comes with a new set of magnets for your application. It comes with a set of newish Magnacore wires.

You can look here for specifics:

www.sdsefi.com

Price: $700/shipped to the lower 48. Please help me buy a new trans.!

-Les

Garrett booster

Re: Sds em-4f

how about some detailed pics of system to schmoyer.10@rcn.com

Hybrid booster

So, is this kit complete?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

I take it this is used?
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by banshee X View Post
    how about some detailed pics of system to schmoyer.10@rcn.com
    Yes, I will.

Yes, the kit is complete minus the air temp. sensor and the water temp. sensor. I also have information written down from the previous owner that may aid in initial set-up.

-Les

Mario,

Yes, the kit is used. It does not look abused, however. As I understood it, the previous owner was using it on his CSX for about a year before I bought it.

-Les

Here are some pics.

The information/installation/set-up folder is not shown, nor is the new set of trigger magnets that I bought, but I do have them and they will go with the system, of course.

-Les

Garrett booster

man this looks like a good deal, just worried a little about it not working correctly cuz its been used and sold once, now being sold again. buying used electronic stuff is always frustrating if something is wrong with it.

Les, you have never used this sds have you?

i am seriously considering this setup for my srt swap in my glhs. so sorry for all the speculation and ?'s i have just trying to get complete story before i commit.

thanks for them pics too, sds looks to be in VERY good shape.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fastasleep View Post
    I need a new trans., ...............Please help me buy a new trans.!

-Les
    What kinda trans ya looking for? trade?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    What kinda trans ya looking for? trade?

lol was going to ask that myself!!! hehe

are u building 5 spd or auto???
    i can have a 555/520 made with rebuild kit

Quote Originally Posted by banshee X View Post
    man this looks like a good deal, just worried a little about it not working correctly cuz its been used and sold once, now being sold again. buying used electronic stuff is always frustrating if something is wrong with it.

Les, you have never used this sds have you?

i am seriously considering this setup for my srt swap in my glhs. so sorry for all the speculation and ?'s i have just trying to get complete story before i commit.

thanks for them pics too, sds looks to be in VERY good shape.
    Really, man, if I was about to spend $700 I would have the same concerns. No, I have not used this unit. It has been in the box since I bought it, but I have used SDS before on the Pinto. If you want (at your cost), I can send it to Western Motorsports and have it function checked, then sent straight to you......or something? I have never asked if they could do that or not, maybe we would have to send it directly to SDS, dunno. I am open to suggestions as I am confident the system will perform perfectly, but one can never be too sure when purchasing electronics. I understand you concerns, so no problem.

As for a trade, hell yeah! I'd like a complete 5-speed swap for the van, complete with Quaife, Fidanza aluminum flywheel and Spec clutch, and one of those shifter handles that blink in time with my music..........................just kidding. Actually, I have an auto and I believe it is tired. It is an A413 with 187,000 miles on it. I have a RMVB with trans. brake here to put into one that I bought from Chad Kilback, just haven't put it in because I was dealing with engine problems. I'd like to have a 413 with a nice converter, and a Phantom Grip (because I cannot afford a Peloquin at this point), and then I could send you my VB and you could install it and send the whole thing back to me.

OR.........I just bought an ATSG manual for the 413. I wanted to rebuild my own as I am sure that this will not be the last time I have to rebuild/refresh a 413. I have never done it, so I am wanting to learn. I could trade the SDS for a Hughes converter, a Phantom Grip, a rebuild kit, and a phone number that I could call to ask the occasional question. This van is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned; I realize that some of the modifications may have been better if I had farmed them out, but I wanted to do everything myself. Dunno, I feel it is an exercise in learning. I just have a problem with someone writing a check for every part and hour of labor that has ever gone into their car and then they call it THEIR car. WTF?

Sorry about the rant, but yeah, I am open to trades (or cash, of course). Let me know what you have in mind. Thanks for the interest!

-Les

Garrett booster

What version is it?

ikknown, I'll have to pop the cover and check. I do know that it is not the latest version, although you could have it upgraded very inexpensively, though.

-Les

BTW, used parts are okay as long as they are in VGC and fully functional. PM with offers!

-Les

Garrett booster

pm sent..