Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TD specific wheel spacers

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

TD specific wheel spacers

All,

I decided that I need some think 1/8" wheel spacers so that the center caps on my wheels don't get pushed off by the rear grease caps...

I am not happy with cast aluminum spacers that most places offer and I also don't like the ones that have holes for both 4x100 and 5x100 that cost $50.

Heck if they are going to be $50 for a simple aluminum plate they better at least have only the bolt pattern I want! Maybe I am picky about the principal of things but it means I am going to make some up for myself:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5x100 wheel spacer.gif 
Views:	96 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	17031

Would anyone be interested in 1/8" spacers for $25 a pair and 1/4" for $35 a pair? These are from a solid piece of aluminum that fit exactly and tightly on the hub and studs not generic cast pieces that shift and slide around.

These would be raw unless I get enough orders to anodize them. It is $90 per lot to anodize so it wouldn't be worth it on a very small run of them unless everyone agrees to add $10-$15 per set...

These would also help cover up the ugly rotor centers that often show up behind our rims. I can probably also do a different outside diameter so they perfectly match the front and rear rotor hub sizes..

Any thicker than 1/4" and we would definitely need longer studs but I haven't verified if we would at 1/4" yet.

Thanks,

Rich

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: TD specific wheel spacers

This would be good. VW ones work, but the billet hubcentric spacers are much higher than your pricepoint.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    This would be good. VW ones work, but the billet hubcentric spacers are much higher than your pricepoint.
    I ordered some VW ones that looked like my picture in the ebay add and they sent me ones with 4x100 and 5x100 holes in them.

Granted they would have worked fine but the misrepresentation of the item pissed me off so I sent them back. I had specifically looked for the ones without the 4x100 holes and that was what they sent me anyway! <sigh>

They really shouldn't be so expensive...

One other really weird thing I never noticed before is that 5x100 measurements are really strange... They aren't 5x100 center to center but have a really weird way of getting the 100mm measurement which I can't even remember after looking it up to draw them...

-Rich

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

I got ones from Ichibausa.com. They are high quality, but very expensive.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

I think I would be interested in a set, but definitely not anodized. Maybe there would be an option for that vs. just plain.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    IGranted they would have worked fine but the misrepresentation of the item pissed me off so I sent them back. I had specifically looked for the ones without the 4x100 holes and that was what they sent me anyway! <sigh>
    dont get me started. i bought a IC pipe with the flange built in to it, and the ebay page Advertisted ONE PIECE CAST...and they went on and on about it. well i got a aluminum pipe with the flange WELDED onto it.

so i gave them negative feedback and i told them the only reason i bought it was because it was CAST one piece...and their reply...."well no one else complained"

anywho....im running spacers up front, the back would be nice! you really gotta bang those center caps on!

id be down with rear 1/8 and front 5/16
    anodized would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    Yea that is it...

It is just weird because everything else is center to center.

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I think I would be interested in a set, but definitely not anodized. Maybe there would be an option for that vs. just plain.
    I think I will probably just do plain.

Unless I have another order of camber plates or something where I can just throw them in without paying extra...

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    Yea that is it...

It is just weird because everything else is center to center.

-Rich
    THIS is retarded.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

What about hubcentric with bolts added, 20+mm thick. The one's I bought off Ebay are garbage, I have a wheel wobble I can't get rid of unless I don't run them,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    What about hubcentric with bolts added, 20+mm thick. The one's I bought off Ebay are garbage, I have a wheel wobble I can't get rid of unless I don't run them,
    I think for the price and lack of trying to "engineer" something, these would work well. Aren't we trying to keep our cars from looking or being ghetto? Direct fitment is a plus and worth a few extra dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I think for the price and lack of trying to "engineer" something, these would work well. Aren't we trying to keep our cars from looking or being ghetto? Direct fitment is a plus and worth a few extra dollars.
    Spacers with bolts are well engineered and a nice alternative to buying new rims. They just need to be made by someone who cares.

Yo
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Spacers with bolts are well engineered and a nice alternative to buying new rims. They just need to be made by someone who cares.

Yo
    Yo Mama!

Once you go 20mm thick if you want to do it right you have to CNC them because you want to add the hub centric rim back into them. These are cheap because they are just flat pieces of metal.

I could make them (or have someone make them) but it would cost much more plus the bolt costs...

-Rich

Once you go 20mm thick if you want to do it right you have to CNC them because you want to add the hub centric rim back into them. These are cheap because they are just flat pieces of metal.

I could make them (or have someone make them) but it would cost much more plus the bolt costs...

-Rich
    Can you get a ball park price? I can reuse the old bolts out of my junk ones.

Hybrid booster

I am down for a set of 1/8" let me know when you need to be paid.
    I feel like my rims sit to far in mostly in the back.
    thanks,
    KO, 86 T&C Turbo II 89 Daytona Shelby 84 Stingray SVB165SS

Can you get a ball park price? I can reuse the old bolts out of my junk ones.
    What is the problem with your junk ones? Are the hub centric parts not snug or something?

I am not sure the demand would really warrant me doing the more complex ones. They would be much more expensive and you are probably better off just buying some VW units...

The thicker plates have a much bigger liability than the thin ones too.

-Rich

Quote Originally Posted by trbowgn View Post
    I am down for a set of 1/8" let me know when you need to be paid.
    I feel like my rims sit to far in mostly in the back.
    thanks,
    Let me take a look at the actual outer diameters I would want and I can then send them off to the shop. I want them to cover up the ugly rotor centers and not overhang so I need to double check that in the front and back rotors.

-Rich

What is the problem with your junk ones? Are the hub centric parts not snug or something?

I am not sure the demand would really warrant me doing the more complex ones. They would be much more expensive and you are probably better off just buying some VW units...

The thicker plates have a much bigger liability than the thin ones too.

-Rich
    Just not machined properly I guess. I had rings made as they weren't hub centric, didn't clue in about that until I bought them, it helped but still off.

Ok, don't worry about it, thanks anyways,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast