OK, I just got done reading "DodgeZ's" thread about his clutch not disengaging all the way when the pedal is pressed.

Unfortunatly I'm having a similar issue, but I think I've narrowed it down to the stupid auto-adjuster on the pedal. If I jack the arm on the transmission up all the way it does disengage the clutch and the tranny shifts slicker than snot!

So, I took the clutch pedal out of my car to inspect the teeth and such on the adjuster. The teeth look fine, but it seems to me the spring the holds the quadrant(the black thing that the cable rides on) on to the cable adjuster rack(the white thing the cable atatches to in the pedal) is too weak to hold the needed adjustment.

For a little while now the pedal would seem like it wanted to adjust another tooth and it would hold the adjustment for a few times, then "slip" back to where it was. During the few times it did adjust, the pedal felt a LOT better(which was hard to imagine at the time). Well, now it won't adjust at all.

I manually pulled the rack down and held the quadrant in place, and when I did this the clutch worked great! However, it would not hold that adjustment.

So, for now I removed the stupid spring that presses the quadrant to the rack...manually put the rack where I wanted it and shoved a stick in between the pedal and the quadrant to hold the adjustment. The clutch works great now, but I don't want to rely on a stick I found on the ground while driving the car! LOL

So, I want to know what is actually the culprit for the failure of my adjuster? Is it the spring that I've replaced with a stick, is it the spring that pulls the rack down, or should I say screw all that, and figure a way to manually adjust it?

If the manual adjustment is a possibility, how? I've read about using washers on the tranny side of the cable where the cable sheath contacts the boss on the transmission, but I honestly can't visualize how that works? I don't mind a manual adjustment at all as it's not something that has to be done frequently and it seems to me like it would be more reliable.