Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 91 Spirit R/T

My 91 Spirit R/T

Figured I'd make a page like everyone else.

This is the car when Joshua Mitchell had purchased it September 25, 2007 with a cool 115K miles.
    Pictures are from Joshua's website; www.turbosedan.com

The thread of when he purchased the car is HERE!
    Also, his build thread for the car, HERE!

Rest in Peace my friend.

I purchased the car from Joshua January 16, 2009 with a little over 125K miles. I met up with Joshua and Jeremy(iTurbo) in Aurora, CO at Pull N Save Auto Parts & Recycling Center January 17 to exchange ownership, and some used parts shopping!

The trip was great. My oldest son LOVED driving in the Mountains, and got even more excited to see Little Town(wish they'd have been open for him). I took these pics when we stopped to look at Little Town...

My wife, oldest son and I stayed the night in Denver. The next morning I started getting our things back into our cars, and was still in shock when I opened the door of the room and saw my R/T. It is one of my BEST buys in the last 5 years I've been into TMs. We got held up, checked out and headed to see Wallace at LoneWolf Performance(Awesome guy to eat and hang out with). After a few hours of hanging out with Wallace it was time to get the family home, which ended up being about 1AM.

When I woke up I spent a good part of the day with my new car. Took a few pics, swapped out the snowflakes for a set of stock Neon SRT-4 wheels and tried to stay warm.

Couple days later I swapped the TiAL for the Turbo XS RFL. Cleaned the K&N filter. And added a Autometer boost gauge and steering column pod(Thank you Jackson).

I went out and took some better pics of the R/T with it's new shoes!

Most recently I had pulled the engine and transmission out to clean the engine bay up. While I was trying to clean the dirt/oil mix I found out that brake cleen was also removing the sprayed on paint. This was GREAT, so I drove to Wal-Mart purchased some more Brake Cleen and went to town getting the black with flakes paint off. I finally had removed enough to paint 1/3 of the engine bay to see if I wanted to keep it white or change it to a gloss black.

Black won.

I end up stopping there for awhile do to work, family, life. The car had sat long enough for me to not know when I'd get back to it so I drag it to the back yard and throw a car cover on her with the drivetrain in my building(read shed lol).

Well some time past and I get to messing around in my building and I spray a spare intake manifold black. Now I have to put it on the engine and see what I think when it's mocked up. While that doesn't do much good when the valve cover's are throwing the appearance off, so the valve cover's get sprayed.

That sealed the deal. Car was going to be murdered out!

I start getting a game plan ready and start saving up to get the list of stuff purchased. Well I lose my job. So it's now doing what I can with what I have.
    I start with spraying her with the paint I had left over from when I sprayed the engine bay.

Now I'm out of paint, so she seats like this for the time being.
    Last edited by moparfwdsleeper; 04-29-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Re: My 91 Spirit R/T

While now I have ALL this time, but without the extra $$ to really get her on the road again. So I start doing some catching up on local forums and a trend that is big in the Honda/Acura world opens up to me.

Engine Bay Wire Tuck...

Snap, no one has done this to a TM that I know of. I have everything I'd need to start and complete it and with the time I have why not! So I begin July 22, 2009 with installing a bare block.

Mock up the head and began to do work...

August 25, 2009 I finish the first TM engine bay to get tucked(at least that I know of).

Before...

After...

The SBEC is now located in the glove box..

Can't wait to do more with her!
    Last edited by moparfwdsleeper; 09-15-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Looking good, nice work,

What are you doing to the engine? Just a stock rebuild or ?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Thank you SiR! Nothing at the moment. I took the BS's out and made it where the VC and IM matched lol. The intake pipe still needs some trimming to fit properly(brake booster FTL).

Hybrid booster

thats hot stuff i like that . great job! we thinking of doing this to my bros civic, car is turning out nice

Thanks!

When I buy a Civic, this will be done to it also, along with a brake line/booster tuck(I'm jealous of the Honda boys at the moment as the can do away with the boost thanks for companies like Wilwood, etc.

If I could find the master cylinder needed to do a brake tuck id do it next

Nice work buddy cant wait to see it one day =)
    Keep up the good work and dont rice it out too much

thanks, your welcome to come down anytime lol.

And WTF, are you calling my wire tuck rice?
    Last edited by moparfwdsleeper; 09-01-2009 at 12:58 AM.

No not at all.
    You mentioned civics lmao so I was making sure it wasnt gonna be rice =)

SWEEET!
    I did, it's what inspired the wire tuck. Never thought I'd sign up to Honda-Tech without owning a Honda but I did and learned quite a bit lol.

Now, if I'd just learn something from SRTforums

boostaholic

excellent job!

Something else has came to my attention. If I get it this project will likely end.

What now?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor DBB mini's Avatar

Looks good clayton, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by turbokid View Post
    What now?
    A Dodge Shadow...

Thanks Coy

damn photobucket and their bandwidth

Garrett booster

you wanna wire tuck an omni?

sure. you bringing the car to me or flying me out there? we'll talk pricing in private
    Last edited by moparfwdsleeper; 09-15-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Where are pics of the new ride????
    Holding out on me. I may come down for tuner shoot out in tulsa this weekend =)

havent bought it yet, plan on going tomorrow or friday.

WTF is tuner shoot out? The only thing in Tulsa going on that I know about is Import Face-Off on Sunday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast