So, yesterday was the first time I've ever autoxed my 87 CSX. The car has a little too much rear brake bias, and the rear end is a bit tight. The current suspension is using the stock springs with the 1.25" front sway bar and konis set nearly full stiff in the rear. I will post video later tonight, but all I have to say is I can't even begin to drive this car.

The car is making a LOT of power (35psi spike) on E85 and just burns the tires (slicks) whenever I use the gas pedal. The Stage 3 .63 A/R turbine driving the S50 TO4E compressor performed admirably. Unfortunately, the car also oversteers very, very badly and I was unable to make a good run before breaking the car. I ended up exploding the driver's outer CV joint while spinning the slicks in 2nd gear through a turn. Luckily nothing came apart, but the bearing cage broke into pieces and sent the bearings flying in front of the car.

So, with the car broken after 4 runs, I was able to get it back together, but not before the last fun run ended. I'm seriously considering a swap to the 11" brakes to help fix the brake bias issue before the next event this coming Saturday. I think all 87 CSX's have this crazy rear brake bias problem.

Check this thread in the next day or so, because the video really will be worth watching!

For a time reference, my best run (out of 3 on course) was a 57.2 with 1 cone (car was sliding all over the place). The FTD was a 49.2 (Z06 Vette on slicks). The slower stock class cars were in the 60's.

-Clark