Thread: maintenance required light? 89 turbo van

turbo addict

maintenance required light? 89 turbo van

well messing with the cal on my buddies hybrid headed turbo van the maintenance required light came on and stays on. the check engine light flashes when ever it wants and sometimes at idle it will idle fine then all of a sudden peg the wideband to full rich shut the van off and start it back up. everything is normal a/f wise. wtf? anyone experience this before?

Re: maintenance required light? 89 turbo van

the maintenance required light is a timed thing set to turn on at about every 60000 miles. Most vehicles require a scanner to reset it for the next 60000 miles. I think some early mini vans had a reset button on the back of the cluster. But I think the 89 is too new. Early 80's full size vans had a module behind the dash that had a 9 volt battery in it. When the battery would die the light would come on. Funny thing with those was if you disconnected the module the light goes off. We thrashed many of those years ago.
    Tim

pull the little bezel and take the bulb out

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor DBB mini's Avatar

The maintenance light went off by itself today woot! I think the check engine light is light spark knock. It comes on and goes off randomly while driving and never leaves me a code. I'm gonna pull some timing out if I can get the burner to work right lol. Dunno why the maintenance light came on it didn't come on with the stock 2 bar tune. Seems like it has a mind of its own on idle though, does good for a moment then bam right to like 1400 rpm and 10to1?