Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1992 Spirit R/T New York

Garrett booster

Unhappy 1992 Spirit R/T New York

Well I never thought I would do this but the time has come to sell my Spirit. I have owned it since March of 2007. It is a red 1992 R/T (1 of 92) and has 94,xxx miles on it. The car has been sitting since June 2007 when the intermediate shaft/oil pump ate each other apart. The engine is and has been apart since then and would require a full rebuild (the head needed to be redone anyway since coolant leaked in the drivers rear corner). Every part is included with the car which are in bags and boxes in the trunk. I started to amass parts to do a rebuild and big turbo that will come with the car as well.

The extra parts I have-
    ALL stock parts and wheels
    Spearco FMIC
    +40 injectors
    TIAL BOV
    (4) 16" pumpers with cooper tires(painted grey, one on the car for picture)
    Boost and EGT guage in a pod (egt not hooked up)
    2 PT Cruiser steelies

I may be forgetting things but it has been so long since I touched this car. The trans (A568) shifted beautifully with the urethane bushings and never once grinded. The headliner and seats are MINT. The a/c is deleted with a short belt and im not sure if i still have the compressor and condenser. Theres is no rust on the body except for a small patch under the trunk lid that is not even visable unless the trunk is up. The quarter panels are rock solid. The front and rear bumpers have the typical paint fade along with the hood. The passenger fender is not a perfect match shade of red, that was done prior to my purchase of the car.

My reason for selling is that I cant stand to see this car sit outside anymore and end up rotting away. I have a mustang and an Audi S4 that occupy my garage space. I love this car but I have too many toys and this is the one I am least attached to. I am located in Carmel, NY. I do not have to sell this car but I would like to see it go to someone that can give it more attention than I can right now. I am not looking to trade. My asking price is $2200 with the front mount, injectors, bov, and wheels. I would sell just the car with stock parts for $1500. All prices are best offer My name is Kyle and I can be reached by PM, email (kb94mustang@aol.com), or on my cell at 845-519-7756.

The pics are dull cause my cell phone sucks but the paint still shines.

Last edited by 94gts; 09-18-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Garrett booster

Re: 1992 Spirit R/T New York

ok i caught some heat on the "other" forum but ill clarify here. ASKING $3000 does not mean FIRM. I am open to offers.

turbo addict

wow, your a hop skip and jump from me lol. Just seen this post, and plan on getting an RT but i want it ready to drive. good to see someone pretty local with one of them though!!! you have any other TM's? ever have any meets or anything?

Garrett booster

this was/is my first one. I went to turbo dodge day at lebanon valley 2 years ago right after I bought the car. A week later it blew up. I know what you mean about buying a running car, I went to chicago to pick this one up. But in the end, its a turbo dodge and they all WILL break sometime

that other forum sucks, your much better off here anyways

Sale the Mustang, easier and likely more profitable. Then you have $$ to finisht the R/T and have space in the garage to do so! haha

Looks like a solid project, love the FMIC

Garrett booster

oh I have all of the chrysler service manuals for the car too

Garrett booster

open to offers

Garrett booster

nothing?

boostaholic

at least you dont have people offering you 200 bucks

and calling it a rotted out pos and stuff

Garrett booster

i guess. good thing its not rotted out.....

boostaholic

yea neither was the car i was trying to sell... or it wasnt before some ------- left the trunk lid open cuz he was mad at me now idk what it looks like

Garrett booster

ok I have come to this

$1500 for the car and stock parts

The aftermarket items will be sold seperately

Garrett booster

ad updated with new prices

turbo addict

i dont think its the price man, people just dont have money to pop off on a non running car in our area. and on here no one really is close by to our area so they are looking at bottom line 400 to even have it shipped. your price is fair, its just not moving cus of peope holding onto money. if it ran i woulda bought it myself. I have the one im getting in mind from someone i know of. Good luck man!!!

Garrett booster

I dont think it has much to do with it not running because they all break at some point. mine was bone stock when the i shaft failed. Ive been to chicago and kentucky for cars when i really wanted them (including this one)

turbo addict

it does have to do with that man, people arent spending money right now not to mention 1500 on a non-running vehicle. its just how things are right now. times are tough and people arent out willing to just pop out money for a non-running car. Rt is desireable but not everyone is out tossing money around. thats all my point is. there is a few people tryin to sell their RT and the non runners didnt sell. one guy decided to part his out cus it wasnt going anywhere as far as selling. you just got to wait for that one person with some money to toss around. It will come but may not be anytime soon lol.

Garrett booster

well what ever the reason is it doenst matter any more. I took the engine out today and am going to rebuild it. maybe after i put it together it will be for sale again but as of now it no longer is.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Trouble is, its not worth much more running.

Either way, nice job on fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by moparfwdsleeper
    that other forum sucks, your much better off here anyways
    Damn, I need to put that away, never thought I'd ever see that,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    it does have to do with that man, people arent spending money right now not to mention 1500 on a non-running vehicle. its just how things are right now. times are tough and people arent out willing to just pop out money for a non-running car. Rt is desireable but not everyone is out tossing money around. thats all my point is. there is a few people tryin to sell their RT and the non runners didnt sell. one guy decided to part his out cus it wasnt going anywhere as far as selling. you just got to wait for that one person with some money to toss around. It will come but may not be anytime soon lol.
    ^^^Agree 100% same deal here

It's not the car or even the price, but until things begin to get stable it will stay this way for a while unfortunately. Too many people are scared and rightfully so. I put the brakes on a couple of projects and have thought about selling some of them, but...

turbo addict

lol yea man tell me about it, i got a family and stuff, if i was single again i could take the hit and buy it or one in general whenever i wanted haha. I will have an RT one day and hopefully soon!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast