Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: $20.00 - 3 Bar maps....Any interest....?

Re: $20.00 - 3 Bar maps....Any interest....?

Add me to a 4 bar.
    later Dick Westerhof

boostaholic

Well, went to go order some 4 bar componets..well yea, the vendor is completely out of stock, 6 week lead time.....looks like i have to go with nemark...i will be ordering next friday. Simon, the first week of feb will be when you can get yours and test it out...but i still need those cases u were going to send.

I will be making a list of people that said they want one. I will post it later and please let me know if you see your name on the list and don't want one to let me know.

As for pricing..i am still working that out. Theres definatly going to be a core charge if you don't have one to send me. I am thinking of this pricing:

$25.00 - For 2.5,3, or 4 bar map sensor
    $4.00 - For shipping (Could be less, don't know just yet.)
    $5.00 - Core Charge

I will probably have deal prices like in if you send me 4 spare cores, theres no core charge and you can have the sensor for $10.00 Shipped.

So to total it up, heres what your looking at:
    With a core it will be $29.00 Shipping to your house.
    Without a core it will be $34.00 shipped to your house.

Does this sound reasonable?

I know you might be able to find GM 3 Bar maps for 30 bucks or a little more, but keep in mind, there will be no notching your connector. This will be a plug and play, and will be stock looking.

Thanks. I will keep you all updated.

Tom S

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 89ShelbyGuy View Post
    Well, went to go order some 4 bar componets..well yea, the vendor is completely out of stock, 6 week lead time.....looks like i have to go with nemark...i will be ordering next friday. Simon, the first week of feb will be when you can get yours and test it out...but i still need those cases u were going to send.

I will be making a list of people that said they want one. I will post it later and please let me know if you see your name on the list and don't want one to let me know.

As for pricing..i am still working that out. Theres definatly going to be a core charge if you don't have one to send me. I am thinking of this pricing:

$5.00 - Core Charge

I will probably have deal prices like in if you send me 4 spare cores, theres no core charge and you can have the sensor for $10.00 Shipped.

Tom S

Still sounds good...I'm guessing you need turbo map sensors for cores? I could get 4 together easily...
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

boostaholic

That is correct Jim. N/A maps will NOT work as the connectors are the male side where the turbo maps are females. I bought about 10 of the 1 bar cases and i can't even use them...lol...I'd love to make a mold of them....If you have 4 of them and would like one of the first maps, let me know. I'll put you on my list.

Tom

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

$5.00 - Core Charge

I know you might be able to find GM 3 Bar maps for 30 bucks or a little more, but keep in mind, there will be no notching your connector. This will be a plug and play, and will be stock looking.

Thanks. I will keep you all updated.

Tom S
    Really, I don't think it would be worth it for the 3bar. You can buy them new for that price. For the 2.5 and 4 bar stuff I'd say yeah. It would be a small market. Most people aren't going to know how to rescale for the odd sizes and the common cals are 3bar, unless you can talk the vendors in to 2.5/4 bar cals. Also not many folks are running boost high enough to need the 4 bar. Not sure what simon is going to do with a 4bar sensor. The DIY guys doing the aftermarket cals haven't even figured out how to get the 3bar stuff right for the R/Ts.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

boostaholic

That is correct Jim. N/A maps will NOT work as the connectors are the male side where the turbo maps are females. I bought about 10 of the 1 bar cases and i can't even use them...lol...I'd love to make a mold of them....If you have 4 of them and would like one of the first maps, let me know. I'll put you on my list.

Tom
    Yes I will just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeZ View Post
    Really, I don't think it would be worth it for the 3bar. You can buy them new for that price. For the 2.5 and 4 bar stuff I'd say yeah. It would be a small market.

It would be worth it imo...the cheapest gm I've found was for $42+shipping, so you are going to still going to be saving ~$15, plus you also have the options as you said for the 2.5 and 4.0 bar maps. And like he said you won't have to notch the connector.
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

Quote Originally Posted by jl93sundance View Post
    It would be worth it imo...the cheapest gm I've found was for $42+shipping, so you are going to still going to be saving ~$15, plus you also have the options as you said for the 2.5 and 4.0 bar maps. And like he said you won't have to notch the connector.
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...highlight=3bar

42.45 shipped to my house, with a pigtail. I just cut mine. It is like two slices with a razor. And it is brand new. It is like 8 bucks more if you don't have a core.

For 5 bucks for the core. It isn't worth it for me. 2 bucks to ship it 2 bucks in gas to drive to the post office 45minutes of my time and now I don't have a spare 2bar. Now if you had a bunch of 2 bars and you were planning to buy half a dozen 3 bars I'd say it would be worth it.

When we were looking at sensors being 80 bucks for the GM and this one being 20 bucks it made a lot of sense to do. When the spread is 8 bucks I don't think it is worth it. Just my opinion. You can also get 3bar sensors for SRT calibers from Mopar for 16 bucks. You'll need a pigtail and to do some rewiring but again these are new parts.

89ShelbyGuy, I am not trying to down play what you are doing.. I think it is a good thing anytime someone wants to help save some money.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

boostaholic

No, i understand dodgeZ....I am trying to figure that qeustion out myself...is it worth it to make them..? It seems theres alot of interest in them....I don't plan on making a business out of this, just a service to TM.com and fellow TDers.

And about the cutting the pigtails...i would rather not cut that up....wouldn't you think it would be better with just a plug and play? AND its 10-15 bucks cheaper? I know i would....but we will see...i plan on making a batch of 10....and dependin on how that goes will depend if i make more.

Tom

No, i understand dodgeZ....I am trying to figure that qeustion out myself...is it worth it to make them..? It seems theres alot of interest in them....I don't plan on making a business out of this, just a service to TM.com and fellow TDers.

And about the cutting the pigtails...i would rather not cut that up....wouldn't you think it would be better with just a plug and play? AND its 10-15 bucks cheaper? I know i would....but we will see...i plan on making a batch of 10....and dependin on how that goes will depend if i make more.

Tom
    2022 Viper runs 9s

You make a 4 bar, and I'll buy one...
    later Dick Westerhof

turbo addict

Really, I don't think it would be worth it for the 3bar. You can buy them new for that price. For the 2.5 and 4 bar stuff I'd say yeah. It would be a small market. Most people aren't going to know how to rescale for the odd sizes and the common cals are 3bar, unless you can talk the vendors in to 2.5/4 bar cals. Also not many folks are running boost high enough to need the 4 bar. Not sure what simon is going to do with a 4bar sensor. The DIY guys doing the aftermarket cals haven't even figured out how to get the 3bar stuff right for the R/Ts.
    Simon is already at 30psi+ and Dick and i are going to be there very soon !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    Simon is already at 30psi+ and Dick and i are going to be there very soon !!!
    Isn't he running it on a 2bar tune?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Who, Simon? He's 3 bar. We all are.
    later Dick Westerhof

Quote Originally Posted by boost geek View Post
    Who, Simon? He's 3 bar. We all are.
    yeah, I am not talking about the sensor he is running, I am talking about the tune/cal. Isn't he running the one that shelgame made him?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

I doubt it, he's running his van off an Ostrich.
    later Dick Westerhof

I doubt it, he's running his van off an Ostrich.
    hmmmmmm what does that have to do with anything? Ostrich is just a chip. it doesn't matter what is on it. Unless he bought an FWD cal then his is running a 2-bar cal.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

I don't know, he should be chiming in any time now...
    later Dick Westerhof

I don't know, he should be chiming in any time now...
    No worries. I can't read it anyways.
    2022 Viper runs 9s

turbo addict

yeah, I am not talking about the sensor he is running, I am talking about the tune/cal. Isn't he running the one that shelgame made him?
    No its a 3 bar that simon and a tiny bit from me cobbled up dcal /turbonator cal
    Last edited by bakes; 01-23-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Kevin has me on ignore, what a tool, loser, pin head,

If someone can spoon feed him the info, that way he can digest it as he's too stupid to know I am running a cal I made, 3 bar, +40's, to which dumbazz has chimed in many times about it. Bonehead.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast