Thread: 1991 Plymouth Sundance

Mitsu booster

1991 Plymouth Sundance

Date: 08th December 2013
    Username: CompetitionS
    Full Name: Jake Ard
    City, State, Zip: Tallmadge, Ohio 44278

What I'm looking for: Any old dodge truck, preferably a 4x4 and if possible, a slant 6 with a 4 speed. However, I'm interested in pretty much any old ram 1st gen or even a Ramcharger. I want the truck to be pretty much in the same condition my car is in, well-running, reliable, but not perfect. I'm only looking to travel within Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and perhaps Michigan. I don't want something that is going to break down or need rebuilt after I get it.

Description: I've got a nice 91 Sundance RS turbo, 5 speed and intercooled, looking to trade for an old dodge 4x4 truck. It's got a rebuilt 2.5 that has been bored .030 over. It has a manual boost controller. However, it is a factory calibration. It has a nice sounding RFL on it. Its very quick, really throws you back into your seat.

I've had it for only a couple of months, and it has been a great car thus far. I have had any issues with it whatsoever. When I first bought it, it had a gas tank with a rust hole at the top, so I changed that and replaced the fuel pump while I was at it. I've been daily driving it since then. The reason I want to get rid of it now is I'm not happy driving her in the coming winter, as she's grown on me more than I expected her to. I'd like to just give her to someone who will take care of her, rather than keep her and end up with two cars I don't drive in the winter haha.

Mechanically, she's near pristine. The wiring was done very neatly by the previous two owners. The vacuum lines have also been neatly done and simplified. This engine bay is probably the cleanest I have ever seen.

Body/interior/exterior- The body has a blue paint job, with the front clip and hood black. The car does have some rust, but it isn't terrible or beyond saving. The interior is dirty and could use a good cleaning. The paint job was not spectacularly done, however, it isn't terrible.

Thanks for looking, send me an email or a PM if you are interested. I'm interested in seeing what people have to trade for.

I will post more pictures tomorrow, including the underside and interior.

Mitsu booster

Re: 1991 Plymouth Sundance

Bump, any interest?

Garrett booster

How much do you want for it outright? No trades.

Mitsu booster

I suppose I'd let her go for 2000(OBO)

I'll probably end up putting a price tag on it anyways, and just getting another turbo dodge.

Do you have any TDs to trade by chance?
    Last edited by CompetitionS; 12-18-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Garrett booster

We talked through email, I'm going to be in your town Saturday, and I want to check it out. I'd like to chat on the phone and set up a time. You got my number too. Call me. I got cash.

turbo addict

Let us know what goes down....I have cash and I am interested too...but jrbexhaust is first...put me down as second!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Mitsu booster

Unfortunately I ended up being busy with side work the day he was supposed to come check out the car.

At this point I'm going to hold on to the car until winter is over. Once spring comes and I am driving my Daytona again I will repost the car for sale. Its been a little too tricky trying to setup another deal to get another vehicle while trying to sell this one. So for now I am going to hold off.

Garrett booster

Yeah, I flew from Minneapolis to look at the Sundance. I told him ahead of time when I was going to be landing in Akron. I felt like I was blown off. Sorry if that offends you, but I was really hoping to buy your car. I ended up buying two other cars that day. Your car could've been number three. Oh well.

Its all yours, Angelo

Mitsu booster

I'm sorry about that, I didn't intend to be busy that day but something came up. And for personal reasons it was more important to me than selling the car that day. I'm sorry it turned out that way.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Still available? For sale anywhere else? More photos? I'm looking to replace an RS I made a mistake with YEARS ago.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage