Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Back in the 12's baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Back in the 12's baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    ditto glhnslht2 and ubmbass...

Good time, but that motor at that boost should be doing way more. How much boost was the 500whp r/t running (wallace white?). Did he run a gt35r or .3l extra displacement? Need tuning!

Good job getting back to the 12s anyway.
    A Spirit isn't a 3600 lb brick, HUGE difference.

No tuning either.

Quote Originally Posted by t3rse View Post
    Too rich....you'll gain quite a bit getting your a/f in the right range.
    Yeah, I need to get my Ostrich fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    Larry Jolliffe (sp?) was running 32psi i think when he made 505 at the wheels in his R/T with a SC6152S Ported Shroud precision turbo with no surge. 3 stock core intercooler, stock motor, 3" downpipe with no cat, a dynomax ultroflow under the car and a side exit, FWD 3-bar +40 cal with a frickload of alky. alkycontrol kit.

He made 400+ whp with the boost in the 22-24psi range.

Brian
    Is that the same turbo as mine? Maybe I'll port the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    yup, just checked....

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f11...yno-queen.html

31-32psi.

your 2.5L through a 3-speed auto will make less HP to the wheels than his combo though.

a slightly looser converter and alot of tuning will wake your van up. you need to start tuning that fuel and spark curve. take a desktop pc in the van if you need to. you have the space. strap it down with a ratchet strap.

Brian
    I have one, need to fix the Ostrich. Crap, I just got this converter, it was perfect with my old turbo, It will have to do for now.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

For those not aware, Umbass demolished Paul Smith's van record even though he broke at half track @ 4400 feet elevation... Tell him to get his omni running instead of selling it.

Hope the ostrich gets fixed. Thats ridiculous having full control but having...no control!

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    For those not aware, Umbass demolished Paul Smith's van record even though he broke at half track @ 4400 feet elevation... Tell him to get his omni running instead of selling it.

Hope the ostrich gets fixed. Thats ridiculous having full control but having...no control!
    Why is he selling it?

Corby was messing with me,

Tell me about it, its like having cake but you can't eat it,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

boostaholic

You're insane. Can't believe you'd try all that without your tuning working properly. Get your tuning working and you should run a lot faster.

I know your van is a brick compared to my car... but you're running the same MPH that I ran with my Super 20G on only 21-22psi with my torque converter lockup malfunctioning. My turbo flows somewhere in the 47-51lb range. A GT35R flows like 60lb doesn't it? Pushing that thing to 30psi you should be WAY faster.

I'll have to watch your videos at home, and I want to see your time slips. You must have had a good 60' (still working on mine). I have less weight (100lbs), better aerodynamics, and dyno'd very close to what you did with it running pig rich and breaking up at 4600rpms ending the run. MPH is about the same... so your runs give me hope that I can run 12's if I get things sorted out. :P

Anyway congrats! Get everything sorted out and get that thing into the 11's!

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

hey simon congrats on gettin back in the 12s!

and im sorry but a 12.9 to an 11.7 is no where near beating that 100K sports car. that was 1.2 seconds and 15mph difference...that thing murdered you on the top end! still a great race tho to see ya keep up with him *most* of the track

Quote Originally Posted by bansheenut420 View Post
    Nicely done simon! Good kills too!
    My Results from the track tonight...

12.6@109
    12.5@109
    Cars down on power. Would only muster 20psi on what should normally be 25ish. Will post video. I am happy to say I got my burnouts down. 2nd gear burnouts FTW! And the clutch is still holding!
    buddy in town went 13.5 @ 107 on STREET tires, only 15 psi with the 50 trim stage 3 turbo...so holset and 5 more pounds boost...thats not too impressive to me. and i know your gonna say "well my turbo isnt even in its operating range"....well neither was that lil 50 trim. his was a bone stock TIII, just turbo, and srt 4 cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubmbass View Post
    I would also like to add, how the hell do you run a 12.9@102 on 30-33 psi on the tiii head?

ill keep my 8 valver until i see you 16v guys putting out some nicer #s.....you guys are all valve, and no action

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Wallace has never dynoed 500whp. His best dyno was 421 on a hybrid. Now hes running a holset.
    sorry i cant keep my high power r/t owners' names straight. Ive never even seen an r/t in person in San Antonio, Nowhere. Everything i spout off is stuff i halfway remember from the Int4rw3b!

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    You're insane. Can't believe you'd try all that without your tuning working properly. Get your tuning working and you should run a lot faster.

!
    I know,

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post

and im sorry but a 12.9 to an 11.7 is no where near beating that 100K sports car. that was 1.2 seconds and 15mph difference...that thing murdered you on the top end! still a great race tho to see ya keep up with him *most* of the track
    You need to watch the vid and read my story, I was neck and neck with him until my boost dropped. He also knew i was close, he was worried he'd get beat my a minivan, his buddies were pissing themselves laughing.

buddy in town went 13.5 @ 107 on STREET tires, only 15 psi with the 50 trim stage 3 turbo...so holset and 5 more pounds boost...thats not too impressive to me. and i know your gonna say "well my turbo isnt even in its operating range"....well neither was that lil 50 trim. his was a bone stock TIII, just turbo, and srt 4 cooler.

ill keep my 8 valver until i see you 16v guys putting out some nicer #s.....you guys are all valve, and no action
    Tell your buddy to get a toolshed into the 12's, then we can chat.

As pointed out, and I'll say it again, its not even close to being tuned, turbo is surging etc so keep bringing the bashing.

16 valves is still better,

boostaholic

They have this temporary spray paint called "Car Art", made by Dupli-Color IIRC... I have a can of it in blue, washes right off when you're done. You need to pick some up and write "FREE CANDY" on the side of your Van like in your avatar next time you go to the track. Take lots of pics.

lmfao I ran a 12.3 on the same setting. Like you said in a previous post 13.5 is no where near 12.3 or even 12.6 or 12.5. Its my second trip to the track, and the bugs are not near to worked out. I guess if I had everyone doing the work for me like has been done on the 8v stuff, I would be golden.
    Not to mention, spinning tires will actually net you a higher mph. Plus, My 12.5 run was done on 18-19psi at a track with an elevation of 4400ft in a 3500lb car. Is your buddys car full weight? I am not here to impress you.
    And, your right my holset is not even close to its efficency range. Its just getting warmed up. Give your buddys hybrid another 10psi and its about done. My holset is just getting started. Also, stock head? Mine is.
    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post

Tell your buddy to get a toolshed into the 12's, then we can chat.

As pointed out, and I'll say it again, its not even close to being tuned, turbo is surging etc so keep bringing the bashing.

16 valves is still better,
    Its always eaiser to talk, then to do. lol dont let em get to ya. Like I said, if we had all the r and d work done for us like the 8v guys do, we would be set. But, some people are sheep. Others arent.

We have better powerbands already, and soon will have better numbers.
    16v FTMFW (and holsets, sorry simon )

Fastest turbododge in the world is a 16v by alot. /discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    They have this temporary spray paint called "Car Art", made by Dupli-Color IIRC... I have a can of it in blue, washes right off when you're done. You need to pick some up and write "FREE CANDY" on the side of your Van like in your avatar next time you go to the track. Take lots of pics.
    Hahahhaa, I'd probably be arrested,

Quote Originally Posted by bansheenut420 View Post
    lmfao I ran a 12.3 on the same setting. Like you said in a previous post 13.5 is no where near 12.3 or even 12.6 or 12.5. Its my second trip to the track, and the bugs are not near to worked out. I guess if I had everyone doing the work for me like has been done on the 8v stuff, I would be golden.
    Not to mention, spinning tires will actually net you a higher mph. Plus, My 12.5 run was done on 18-19psi at a track with an elevation of 4400ft in a 3500lb car. Is your buddys car full weight? I am not here to impress you.
    And, your right my holset is not even close to its efficency range. Its just getting warmed up. Give your buddys hybrid another 10psi and its about done. My holset is just getting started. Also, stock head? Mine is.

Its always eaiser to talk, then to do. lol dont let em get to ya. Like I said, if we had all the r and d work done for us like the 8v guys do, we would be set. But, some people are sheep. Others arent.

We have better powerbands already, and soon will have better numbers.
    16v FTMFW (and holsets, sorry simon )

Fastest turbododge in the world is a 16v by alot. /discussion.
    I know, Holsets work, but the deal on the GT35R was too hard to pass up.

I agree 16 valves are good, but to each their own, some like 8 valves, some like 16 valves, that's what makes our sport so unique, we have options.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I know, Holsets work, but the deal on the GT35R was too hard to pass up.

I agree 16 valves are good, but to each their own, some like 8 valves, some like 16 valves, that's what makes our sport so unique, we have options.
    That GT will do you just fine. They are great turbos. Im just a holset whore now. lol If I got that same deal, you damn right it would be on one of my cars.

Yes, to each there own!
    But 16v FTMFW!

turbo addict

The R&D on 8valves has been done only if you let it. There's been a lot of new stuff for them in the last 3 years. R&D is never done. Sure there might be a formula to make power but that doesn't mean it's the only or most efficient way.

A good pic from the track!

Taken by the track photographer-

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    The R&D on 8valves has been done only if you let it. There's been a lot of new stuff for them in the last 3 years. R&D is never done. Sure there might be a formula to make power but that doesn't mean it's the only or most efficient way.
    No kidding! Heck, we can't even agree what to rev them to, nevermind different intakes, headers, cams...

Simon. That's an awesome picture.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Very true, but there are alot of proven 8 valve setups, more so than TIII's but again, to each their own. I will never go back to 8 valves unless I get an L body,

Quote Originally Posted by shadow88 View Post

Simon. That's an awesome picture.

Thanks,

turbo addict

Tell your buddy to put a class 3 trailer hitch on his ride then you can talk smack!!!

Hybrid booster

I must interject, it is a HUGE task getting a minivan in the twelves.. whether it be on 16 valves or 8.. I think if you haven't done it, you have no room to talk.

Then again, this is coming from a guy that ran low twelves on 8 valves and now has a 16 valve omni that he wants to sell cause he can't get it running reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubmbass View Post
    I must interject, it is a HUGE task getting a minivan in the twelves.. whether it be on 16 valves or 8.. I think if you haven't done it, you have no room to talk.

Then again, this is coming from a guy that ran low twelves on 8 valves and now has a 16 valve omni that he wants to sell cause he can't get it running reliably.

Gasketmaster and I were having that talk, 13's is not to hard but hitting 12's is like, wait for it, hitting a brick wall,

Dude, don't give up, what's the problem???????

Might have found a cure, my cam's, really need to play with them, puppet has some good facts and I messed up last year and stumbled onto a setup by accident.

Congrats on the 12's Simon, but sorry I'm with Juggy on this 12.9 VS 11.7 is not even close. I know you were having issues, but they looked like they happened the last couple hundred feet of the track so it only cost you a few tenths. Even if you had pulled a 12.5 out of it, thats still a whooping of nearly a full second. You are running way too rich, but this just sounds like some ''baseline'' runs you were making so thats OK to start with.
    What were the 60ft and 1/8 miles times VS the GTR?

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Congrats on the 12's Simon, but sorry I'm with Juggy on this 12.9 VS 11.7 is not even close. I know you were having issues, but they looked like they happened the last couple hundred feet of the track so it only cost you a few tenths. Even if you had pulled a 12.5 out of it, thats still a whooping of nearly a full second. You are running way too rich, but this just sounds like some ''baseline'' runs you were making so thats OK to start with.
    What were the 60ft and 1/8 miles times VS the GTR?
    Close enough his buddies were pissing themselves laughing and close enough for me,

I hit surge around the 1/8th mile and yeah, I am too rich but it was safe for me to keep it there. I need to do alot of tuning, sigh. I posted the 60ft times but I'll look up the 1/8 mile times at home.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast