Thread: omni/horizon rear hatch?

turbo addict

omni/horizon rear hatch?

So are these hard to find nearly rust free? Just wondering cause there is one on an 89 omni with the defrost and wiper that is nearly rust free and in great shape in the local yard. Trying to figure out what it is worth. Or would anyone be interested. The yard is called Juan's and is about 5 minutes west of Rochelle, IL on hwy 38. I can't use it but I'm sure someone out here can. Since I don't ever see omin/horizons in the yards anymore are there people stock piling these things or what? I'd hate to see it get crushed. I already saw a poor electric blue 90 omni with a solid body suffer that fate after being in a yard only a week or two.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict

Re: omni/horizon rear hatch?

These are 20 year old depositable cars, how long do you expect to see them?

I sold the one off my GLH for like $50

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

I can not give two of them away for free.

turbo addict

Guess if I can get it for 20 dollar it may pay for itself on down the road or at least help someone fix up their car which since there aren't going to be or doesn't look like there is going to be any repops for hardly anything for the TM's I guess I should try and get it. I hear you Jason. I had more than a few parts I couldn't give away a couple years ago.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

If you have the space hang onto it. But just this week along I've had to haul 3 truck loads of td sheet metal and interior parts to the scrap yard. No matter how hard you try you can not save everything.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Anything I get from the junkyard is usually Shadow/Sundance specific since thats what I own and intend to keep going. I've passed up lots of good parts from other cars due to being burned in the past by pulling stuff and then trying to resell for absolutely nothing more than I paid for it. 99% of the time you end up sitting on it forever.

Pull and save the stuff to keep YOUR cars going and dont worry about the others. Hate to sound selfish but thats how you keep from going crazy and wasting $$$ that could be better spent to keep your fleet cruising. maybe make some exceptions for the harder to find of the harder to find stuff but you have to draw the line somewhere.

turbo addict

Yeah that is true. This omni had all the rubber bumper ends and stuff which went to Bryan Leach to help preserve his GLHS so its not like this car won't live on in others. The harder to find seat hardware I will probably snag as well as some other stuff I can get for probably 5 bucks total from this thing. Kinda hesitant on the hatch as the interior is really decent, but I doubt anyone wants red do they? Car I'm getting is half GLHS half SC so I won't can't use a lot of it. Got debts to pay too. I just hate to see some things like this go by the wayside when L bodies are getting rare everyday.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]