Thread: Spicer Chassis is now Rabestos Chassis

Garrett booster

Spicer Chassis is now Rabestos Chassis

Hey just thought I'd share this info.

Was looking for ball joints & tie rod ends for a Neon, and Spicer wasn't listed as an option. Did some research and looks like Spicer Chassis was sold to Raybestos and is now Raybestos Chassis.

Unfortunately don't know at this point if the quality is the same or if any parts were redesigned cheaper.

It looks like some Spicer parts are still out there, because some places still list them, but I'm assuming once stock is gone, there won't be anymore.

Spicer's website doesn't show the chassis products anymore either, just driveshaft/driveline components.

_http://www.raybestos.com/wps/portal/raybestos/c0/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hnbwufEBd3D2cTk-Bg_yBjg0BjAwjQL8h2VAQAfKj_0Q!!?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/Affinia_Websites_Content_en/affinia.websites.content/news/product+news/raybestos/raybestos_chassis+brand+unveiled/

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Spicer Chassis is now Rabestos Chassis

Affinia is a conglomoration of many companies that make parts, such as Spicer, Raybestos and Dana... sounds like they are just using their brands differently?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

When I bought inner sway bar bushings from autozone the first time around they were old stock Dana/spicer in a clevite box. probably 15 yrs old judging by the boxes condition. Said RAMCOA, USA on them

turned out they were the wrong size in the box so they reordered them. and the new bushings came in a duralast labeled box but the actual bushings were the same RAMCOA, USA as the first time around.

If you stay away from any of the outright cheap/discount branded stuff (spicer red grade, ect) then your probably getting quality parts.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Spicer is the Dana Corporation, and they are huge. It could be Raybesto's needed a suspension brand to compete with Moog so as long as Spicer/Ray are the same product, I don't give a ratsass what they are called,

I think Ramcoa is another company they sublet too as I see many poly bushings stamped with that name on.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info