Thread: GLHS399's TurboGreenBean

Hybrid booster

GLHS399's TurboGreenBean

I thought I would start an official work log for the newest car I bought. Here's the info:
    1987 Plymouth Horizon Autocrosser
    • 85? 2.2 T1 Swapped
    • 525 with some sort of lsd
    • 2.5" Exhaust with a Magnaflow
    • Accusump
    • GLH steering rack
    • MP road race springs with Koni's
    • Modified Shifter
    • MP Computer
    • Kirkey Seat with harness
    • Shelby steering wheel
    • Rear seat removed
    • Battery relocated to spare tire well
    • GLH front ground fx
    • GLH Side Skirts
    • Lazer? Hood vent

Car came with a set of 13" Hoosier autoX slicks and a few extra parts (Shelby valve cover, turbo and exhaust manifold, SBEC, Two T1 Throttle body's, fuel rail, logic module, radiator, Stock 2.2 carb air box, Starion intercooler and a Ford intercooler.)

Work done so far:
    Drained fuel tank
    Changed plugs
    Compression test
    Checked Timing and adjusted distributor Checked cam timing
    Checked fuel pressure (static and running)

Still scratching my head trying to get it from knocking when it hits full boost. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I'll post it up in "I need help" Section and see what ideas are brought forth.
    Here's the pictures: Gaze away...

The car has been painted with a University of Oregon Ducks theme (Green and Yellow. My plans are to paint the yellow black and also to paint all the gutter guard on the grill and the hood on the car to black. GLH black bumper would be nice also.

Accusump

Accusump

The distributor looks like it it way too rotated to me but the timing checked out fine

Slotted strut top holes

The Plugs that came out of it. Might be and issue with #3

Hybrid booster

Re: GLHS399's TurboGreenBean

Looks like someone either did timing belt and didnt line up int shaft gear mark to crank timing gear correctly. Orr did an oil pump and didnt clock it in correctly with int shaft gear. Which causes you to have to twist dist so far to time. Name fits nicely,lol

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor A.J.'s Avatar

I'd say you've got an issue with ALL your spark plugs. Get those damn Bosch platinums out of there and get some real plugs. I like NGK's.

A.J.

Hybrid booster

Put in some good used NGK that I had laying around and It's getting better but its still knocking. I'm going to try and swap plug wires and see if that helps.

I would definitely get the distributor issue corrected properly first...I'm gonna guess that is what is causing your knocking.

That's a clean car and you got a great deal...I'm jealous!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

It doesnt matter what way the distributor points if the timing reads correctly with the light, it just means the int. shaft pulley wasn't aligned 'properly'.

Looks like an awesome project.