Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 310

Thread: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

  1. #21
    Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Ondonti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,031

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    I think in the interests of clarity someone should make clear that the 11.5 was not on the 10:1 motor.

    Not that it wont happen soon anyway
    I think in the interest of clarity, it should be pointed out that for some strange reason you are putting off having a van that sounds like that.
    And you could do true duals on the van with some cheap ebay Gran Prix headers reflanged to 3.0 style

    11.5 was on a quiet stock heads cams shortblock ecu paper headgasket 8.9:1 3.0 from a minivan.
    BTW, anyone who ever thought the 1996+ caravans came with a 9.3:1 motor...I disagree. The piston dish looks exactly the same as the 8.9. WTF chrysler?

  2. #22
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    what about compression height from the pin?

    point taken fo sho, tho i will not start my 3.0 swap until after the GRM race in Oct.

    I Think the duals is a great idea cuz ive been thinking about dual side exit in front of the rear wheels similar to the aries (single side exit) and those headers would accomodate that easily.

  3. #23
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    so modest, not even bringing up your dyno runs on stock 10:1 pistons. This car makes more power running on 5 of 6 cyl at under 20 psi than most of the 4 cyls do on 30 psi.

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  4. #24
    Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, NY
    Posts
    8,361

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    duh.... its a v6. of course its going to make power.

    adam, you are a good dude and all, but i must crown you the king of nutswinging when it comes to brent.



    brian

    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

  5. #25
    Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC
    Posts
    44,167

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    duh.... its a v6. of course its going to make power.

    adam, you are a good dude and all, but i must crown you the king of nutswinging when it comes to brent.



    brian
    Hahhaa, best post for a few days,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

    Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

    Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

  6. #26
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    holy crap did you go out and find that emoticon just for this purpose? ^Lol

    Eh, i respect ambition and results. Lots of people here havent got one or the other, keeping in mind that doing what's been done and getting the same results doesnt take much ambition. Im not too proud of my GRM car at all, for that reason. likewise, lots of people have ambition and never get the results.

    its a v6. of course its going to make power.
    I think pushing this power level on stock junkyard high compression pistons is something cool. sure a nissan gt-r motor is a v6 that makes 500 hp on stock pistons.. but not with smaller bore pistons, not 10:1 pistons, and the shortblock those pistons come in doesn't cost $90. It might even be OVER 9000! . You should be bashing those fanboys. lol. out of sight out of mind, though. T-m is free from those types of nutswingers

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  7. #27
    Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC
    Posts
    44,167

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Don't forgot, Brent can't keep it together, everytime he goes out, he nukes a piston or blows a gasket. Not a bash, an observation,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

    Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

    Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

  8. #28
    Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, NY
    Posts
    8,361

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    i totally respect what he's accomplished and im friends with you too. have been for years.

    i just dont see the need for you to defend him or to boast about his accomplishments when:

    1. you havent done the same (nor do i expect you to)....

    2. his car isnt all that reliable....

    3. there are plenty of 4 banger cars on here that are much better built and are either as fast as him or faster and more reliable.

    i dont see you following brian slowe around and busting a nut in his eye with excitement when his car is EXPONENTIALLY faster than brents with less boost and worlds better in build quality and reliability and the fact that Slowe is a nice guy on here and doesnt act like a dickhead towards others.

    or take DJ's car. similar speed and boost. he drove it from alberta to cincy and didnt blow up a piston, nuke a clutch, squirt coolant everywhere, crack a weld on something etc. he hammered it pretty good at SDAC too and only had one nut loosen up after driving a zillion miles on a hand built car? not bad. and he is a nice guy and not a douche.

    warren stramer... runs 10's on a heavy 8v and has the most beautiful fabrication around. and a nice guy to boot.

    see what im getting at?

    why nutswing on a guy that has a piece together car that will be as reliable as something Dave threw together in highschool and acts like a dicklick all the time? thats silly.

    Brian

    PS.... a buddy of mine used that nutswing icon on another board im on and i thought it was perfect for here. take it as a good natured ball busting.

    PPS.... I used to love the 3.0L. but brent and his attitude ruined it for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

  9. #29
    turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,604

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    i dont see you following brian slowe around and busting a nut in his eye with excitement when his car is EXPONENTIALLY faster than brents with less boost and worlds better in build quality and reliability and the fact that Slowe is a nice guy on here and doesnt act like a dickhead towards others.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    or take DJ's car. similar speed and boost. he drove it from alberta to cincy and didnt blow up a piston, nuke a clutch, squirt coolant everywhere, crack a weld on something etc. he hammered it pretty good at SDAC too and only had one nut loosen up after driving a zillion miles on a hand built car? not bad. and he is a nice guy and not a douche.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    warren stramer... runs 10's on a heavy 8v and has the most beautiful fabrication around. and a nice guy to boot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    see what im getting at?
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

  10. #30
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build




    The next post better be a 3.0 blowing the wheels off in 4th..

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  11. #31
    Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Warsaw, NY
    Posts
    8,361

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post












    ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

    i get what i deserve!

    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

  12. #32
    turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Motor City
    Posts
    2,604

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Lol, just had to. <3
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

  13. #33
    Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC
    Posts
    44,167

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post












    Hahaha, priceless,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

    Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

    Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

  14. #34
    turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Aubigny, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    4,999

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    So has this thing gone 10's yet, or has this become just another nutswinging thread?

  15. #35
    Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC
    Posts
    44,167

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    I just realized the thread title, 19+ psi isn't low boost,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

    Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

    Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

  16. #36
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    its low compared to your 104mph boost setting.

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  17. #37
    Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SoCal the OC
    Posts
    6,660

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Don't forgot, Brent can't keep it together, everytime he goes out, he nukes a piston or blows a gasket. Not a bash, an observation,
    Hey, isn't that the Simon Brotherhood Club you're referencing? If I come home on a towtruck one more time this year, I'll be an honorary member myself

    AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

  18. #38
    Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Abbotsford, BC
    Posts
    44,167

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Hey, isn't that the Simon Brotherhood Club you're referencing? If I come home on a towtruck one more time this year, I'll be an honorary member myself
    Hahahhaa, maybe a few years ago, haven't need a tow truck for 3 years now,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

    Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

    Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

  19. #39
    Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Antonio,TX
    Posts
    10,794

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build



    Who needs a towtruck when you can tow a shadow with a slightly larger k-car. Im getting a lot of mileage out of that hitch install..

    Dont push the red button.You hear me?

  20. #40
    Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Ondonti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    7,031

    Re: 10 second 190,000 mile low boost 3.0 build

    19psi was just the boost level it ran on the street on our 2nd to last pass.
    18psi on the dyno. I was trying to win the dyno contest without goign crazy, not race at the track. The car was tuned the night of the last races here so not much I could do for track racing.
    BTW for Brian slowe nutswingers who can't get their bragging facts right, I ran my 11.9 on less boost then him But I did it on a stock heads/cams/shortblock motor.

    If unreliable = running 11.9 on 16psi and getting booted because the junkyard motor leads then sure. I could have run that motor for years with that weak setup. But leaning out on 22psi when my fuel pump can only handle 16 broke it. Street testing didnt get enough traction to show the lack of fuel in 4th gear. The proper answer would have been dyno time. Anyways I was working this summer and didn't work on my car.

    But hey, there is a reason Brian didnt bring up all the failures that certain cars have had, especially the "best fabricated blah blah nutswing"
    But why should I care.
    I went 125mph on a stock cam/head/shortblock/NA ECU on a motor meant for NO boost. Did it at 4400 Feet.

    Brian, money where your mouth is, send any 10 second TD up to 4400 feet elevation and lets do a freeway run. You know not a gosh darn one would be able to run a 10 up here on their best day except Dean Stillie.
    Even Tony Palo in his 8.9 second Honda couldnt run faster then 9.3 up here this summer and was 10mph low on his traps. Ask him what he thinks of elevation!

    I missed the last track day, thats the night the car got tuned because I had just finished the "overfueling" issue.
    There are some billion HP Hondas and DSM's going to Vegas in November and they have invited me but who knows, I might be out of the country with "priorities."

    I had an O ring made of .012" thick copper wire with no reciever groove start to blow out from detonation on a O.5 second 24psi pull. It wrecked 2 plugs but they still sorta worked, didnt take it apart because we were up all night doing other stuff, hit the dyno with no sleep and on the 4th actual pull (only recorded pull) the ring blew out completly. That was after a 500+++ pull that didnt record because i let off at 3000 rpms when fuel was bogging.

    Gary D couldnt even get a 440hp 8 valve to hold together while people have been making near 500 on non common blocks with no problems.
    The issue I can't give Gary D crap about is that he was figuring things out, not copying other peoples ideas/setups. Huge difference. His build threads are full of failures that he rectified and that is what I respect about those parts of his website. Its not a website full of a bunch of excuses blaming someone else.

    And as the people on here who know me have watched, I am only a dick to people who are E bullies. Usually those people keep their mouths shut in real life and if they don't then I call them on their BS there. You won't find one post of me picking on someone who always keeps their posts "respectful." Not a single damn one. Thats why the people who dislike me tend to be the -------- of TM because they like to pick on people just to feel good about themselves and they don't like to stand up for their own behavior.

    I may not even race next year, I don't know what the future holds, but with my current suspension strap fix that I have not tested yet, I think the car will be able to hold a low 1.6 60' and my driving has improved and I have been practicing more in my daily on shifts. That was the only reason difference between my car that ran for 2 years straight with nothing but a clutch problem because it was too weak. I don't see how that is builder error when it was supposed to hold what it didnt............and the 11 second car. Driving. The motor/hp issue is not really important --- HP only gets you down the track of you put it to the pavement. The motor was still running 500+hp on 91 octane kill mode when I took it apart and I kept it apart because of some 6 month old damage from a spark plug.

    Also not much I can do about a design flaw in the head. Head studs don't work because we don't stretch headbolts, the head flexes between the bolts. People have tried even 120 ft/lb, had no stretch, and still flexed. I am trying to find cheap ways to solve a problem so other people can copy. There are other fixes I have already considered doing that I am avoiding because people will not want to try that. Whats wrong with that attitude?
    Look how many 3.0 builds people are interested in? Its probably got nothing to do with how much they like me. There are hundreds of 8v -------- but I still want to go out and fix the T2 car sitting outside just to dig into it and see whats up, make it faster, etc. Just like i wish well for all my buddies of other car makes. Few people here honestly wish well for others, they all seem to worry about someone else going faster then them. I honestly thought Bansheenut was going to go faster then me on his stock head TIII head this year but thanks to a couple bad coupler clamps that didnt happen.
    This is one reason why a lot of people here either keep things secret about their cars, or spread disinformation that misleads people into building slow cars and then wondering why the car is slow because they "followed directions"
    Perfect example, the outright lie by Gary D that he shifts at 5000 rpms.

    If thats the kinda crap you think advances the platform, go ahead and live in that world of yours.

    I don't need to live and die by what my motors could do if I had the wick turned up from 20 to 40psi boost, and from 6200 rpms to 7-8k rpms. I don't have the driver mod to handle something like that so it would be silly.

    The comment to Vigo about "him having done nothing" would go right back on Brian who said it. What have you done? And most of all, why does it matter what someone has done? I know a lot of people with fast cars who have no idea what they are doing, then people with slow cars who do, or who build the fast cars for other people but don't own a fast car themself.

    I didnt even read this thread almost 2 months so i would say bragging is on the bottom of my list. Its a project that I have some excitement about butI don't need to compete with everyone else for hits on the project section. Help or ideas are a lot more useful then banter. Thats what I thought this stuff was for, learning experiences for those who read about projects.


    simon, lets see you run a fast time an n/a headgasket. Bring it. You couldn't get fancy ones to hold down
    Me, i have just learned that cometic makes the worst MLS gaskets on the market but in unquestioning TD/TM land nobody has figured that out.

    Every TD out there is reliable as long as you add in the fact that they keep almost all their failtures a secret. At least Gary D shared his failures though some people purposedly pretend those did not happen. Gary has more good then bad about him but he is no diety. He doesnt want to help you learn how to turn your own car even though he could show you and the whole Dcal thing could have been completely figured out 8 years ago so the program would be easy enough for almost anyone to use it. Instead he helps a few friends and then boxes away his secrets for 7 years while he takes a break. TD's would be a LOT faster these days, there would be 10 second TIII's, etc, if he had shared that information on HOW to tune, not giving away actual tunes for free.
    Last edited by Ondonti; 10-02-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Effects of elevation on boost pressure
    By Koreth in forum Turbos & Intercoolers!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 02:42 AM
  2. stupid inconsistent boost...
    By Aries_Turbo in forum Turbos & Intercoolers!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 11:08 PM
  3. It won't build boost
    By stampederunner in forum "I need help!"
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 02:10 AM
  4. Crazy boost!!!
    By Mopar_Nutz in forum Turbos & Intercoolers!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 02:30 AM
  5. running rich+no boost and boost gauge at 0
    By 86shelby15psi in forum "I need help!"
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 02:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •