Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: egt probe placement

Re: egt probe placement

Ran mine for 14 hours up to Mopar nats with EGT at 1460 or so the whole trip. Up and back nothing came from together....yet lol. Mounted here.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shelbymopar89 View Post
    Ran mine for 14 hours up to Mopar nats with EGT at 1460 or so the whole trip. Up and back nothing came from together....yet lol. Mounted here.
    [Ihttp://www.shelbymopar.com/gallerybuilder/galleries/Almost%20done/baf.jpg[/IMG]
    That looks really nice. What cal are you running? I notice a big drop on EGTs when I go to MP timing vs. stock TII timing.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    That looks really nice. What cal are you running? I notice a big drop on EGTs when I go to MP timing vs. stock TII timing.
    Thanks man running the stage 5 cal from Cindy. I still have my base timing stock and my cam timing is also set to zero. I am still working on getting a cal that runs where I would like (low to mid 11's) right now I am looking at 10-10.5 on the wideband. Once I get that taken care of then I am going to start fine tunning my cam timing to try to drop the egts some. I have been feeling like contraption22 has for a while. I tried to find a safe egt by looking on here but there are a blue million variables so I had no real solid answer. So I just started watching the wideband A/F and knock. The answer on here is the best I have ever heard.

Mitsu booster

The correct placement is approximately 6 inches from the exhaust valve. People worry about the probe melting and falling into the turbo thats why they just put it where ever. Never had one to fail in quite a few years. 1600 is right at walking temp for any length of time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12