Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 89 Turbo voyager 5 speed...

turbo addict

89 Turbo voyager 5 speed updated with PICS and parts added $800 (SOLD @ $1200)

*EDITED AND PARTS ADDED!!!!

Well i didnt think i would be doing this, but its for sale.
    I am hoping to get 2500, and i know it sounds high but it runs great, looks great and those who seen the pics i put up know this, otherwise, besides the fact i need to make a new injector wire harness due to some whacky things its been doing since my last 2 injector swaps where its gotten worse. I got an injector driver code.

List of stuff performance wise and work i have done:

*Walbro 255 installed with new filter and such from the TU kit
    *MP front engine mount
    New MP head gasket/MP bolts, good 782 swirl head, hasnt given any issues.
    Starion/conquest intercooler i added to the front.
    Adjustable BOV with chrome T-pipe and silicone couplers in blue with stock air stuff deleted and Spectre perf oiled filter added with aircraft intake tube.
    5 speed trans swap -A-520 in great shape. NEW RETAINER/GROMMET lol With a hardly used t2 clutch/PP and resurfaced flywheel.
    New aluminum rad
    New 180 thermostat.
    Gauges, including, autometer oil pressure, autometer AF, autometer water temp, a faze boost gauge, and sunpro super tach 2.
    Customized console for the shifter
    New control arm ball joints
    Tie-rod end boots replaced
    New boot on driver side axle.
    Good rubber
    Newer injectors
    New valve sover gasket
    New plugs, wires, cap, etc.
    New battery lol
    Rear bobble strut included but not installed
    *Johnnys revised bobble strut bracket (not installed)
    New knock sensor
    New coolant hoses and diverter bypassed and gets great heat now and AC is cool, i need to add more refrigerant as i had the valve stick on me when i converted and lost some and in turn a can short what i needed since that happened. Was cold till that happened haha.
    Manual Boost controller (set at 14.5 psi) by LSP (a company from Florida that makes starquest parts).
    Newer OEM camshaft

I am sure there is more lol. This thing has been gone through pretty good. Needs next to nothing except whatever you want to add or alter.

Feel free to call me at 845-283-4072 name is joe. Or of course email or PM through here.
    Last edited by tsiconquest88; 08-17-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: lowering the price

turbo addict

Re: 89 Turbo voyager 5 speed...

Forget the injector driver issue, code never came back and it runs as it always did now with the change of plugs back to br8es. I had forgot my local stores had them and got regular autolites which were the culprit of my issues especially with one of them that fell apart when i removed it last night to put the new ones in. Runs strong and great again!!! Just has the oil leak.

turbo addict

oil leak fixed. Was just the rear right corner of the valve cover gasket leaking lol. All now is great!!!

turbo addict

wow, no one is interested in this???? Open to trades!!!! Its a great van!!! even greater with no leak haha. I am waiting to see some interest before i bother with the pics.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I am waiting to see some interest before i bother with the pics.
    That's kinda backwards... 2500 is a LOT for one of these things unless its immaculate so i think you wont get much response before pics at that price. why not post a link to those other pics you mentioned.

turbo addict

cus i didnt feel like searchin for them so i was going to take new ones, but i didnt see interest so i figured eh i will buy some time. Makes perfect sense lol.

anyway the couple pics were submitted for the shirts in a thread. and personal PM to the guy that was doing them. I guess he never did nothing with the shirts. Its in great shape. some peel on the hoof which im painting primer black cus i want it that way lol. also the rear hatch which has good paint has a couple rust holes for being such great paint it shows no signs of why it happened. I have a good hatch for it i will put on eventually. I have reciepts of prior work and such. I will get the pics up soon. 2500 isnt much i dont think. not when it runs good. Price is negotiable though as stated. And i even said the price may seem high but its what i would like to get. its been great to me besides a few issue here and there. Besides i really want some extra money for an RT and also just for the pocket. I have no problem keeping the van though so my price isnt gonna go too much lower.

turbo addict

here is what i have so far this is an old engine bay pic it has been freshened and new parts added since and will take new pics again soon as all these pics are old and i had them in my photobucket so at least its something for now... Price is negotiable now... I picked up 2 more cars recently and only reason im selling the van is because i have some fines to pay off and such. I got a 2001 grand am for free, a 98 voyager i picked up about 5 months ago for 200 bucks (needs trans) a recent 94 eagle vision which runs and i already have 2 running daily drivers as well as the eagle as it is already. I love the van but i gotta pay off these fines and also want an RT so vans outty for now.

turbo addict

I wish you lived closer...maybe do a payment plan of $100 a month since I am broke....OR....could trade you a 3 banger Geo Metro that has been lightened up almost 100 lbs and has gotten 57 mpg best FE.

turbo addict

lol, no go on the metro lol. all my cars are decent mpg i am looking to get into an RT after some time and sell the van for bills NOW lol

turbo addict

BTW guys, whoever has read and or followed this thread, i altered it because there is now none of the issues that were stated in the 1st post. I did mention as they wewre fixed but that may have not been seen so i made it clear to edit all that out in the first post lol.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I dont need a van... really.. but but I've always liked the way yoru van looks!

Any rust? Pics of any rust?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

the rear hatch has a couple patches which i mentioned. I fixed one spot over last summer at one of the wheel wells. one spot left underneath right at where your foot would go but not above where noticeable, in fact the floor boards are perfect and the rust hole is just under. Will take a pic of the spot. i sanded the hood and painted it primer black as it was peeling, yet the paint was perfectly shiny?? lol

I am going to miss the van, Joe. You put a lot of time and effort into it. Hopefully it makes another person happy.

(It's Maureen, BTW)

turbo addict

yea tell me about it lol. hate to even see it go but it has to at this point cus our other cars are newer and i have a 98 voyager to boot. So we at least still have the family van lol.

turbo addict

ok guys 1500 takes it!!!! OBO gotta get it outta here. Fines need to be paid, not to mention i started the price high but feel its worth it for all i have done, however the interior could be better as the carpet isnt the prettiest but a cleaning would surely bring it back and i will be washing her up inside and out, i MAY clean the carpet we shall see lol. Also i just have to drop the tank and see what happened to my walbro install (done 2 months go) i started it up the other day and it was barely running, checked my fuel pressure and only getting 30 psi. pinch return line and the pressure stayed, didnt rise however didnt drop, i think its a mere hole in one of the rubber lines in the tank, thats all. MAYBE the pump. this isnt what lowered the price as its not a big deal and im taking care of it, so if i get someone interested i will get my butt up to where i brought the van to and fix it otherwise until then i will end up posponing till someone shows interest lol. Oh the AC compressor decided to lock up periodically so yea not so cool AC no more lol. Cant be used or you get a nice smoking AC belt. The A-520 trans i put in was rebuilt by a previous owner of the trans and i dont think it was even run till me, but leaks a little bit and nothing to worry about, shifts great and shifter tight. Little play up and down when shifter is in neutral but thats due to my location of the shifter (didnt have it exactly where oem did but better for comfort which is why i did it). Also used cables from i dont know where but were in good shape so they may have been the longer ones. either or both instances are what caused the little freeplay, but NOT a trans issue!!!

Garrett booster

Bump for a great looking van at a cheap price!

Seriously!! We have enough cars though to last us through to next year I think =) It's the first car we owned together though so it makes me a lil sad =(

Garrett booster

If I had 1500 I'd have bought it like 10 min. after you posted. Always wanted a van but I'm about two trade my daytona for a shadow and am buying an omni so I'm flat broke at this point. Take payment plan ?

turbo addict

thanks for all the compliments!! I could take a payment plan lol. what kind of numbers we talkin haha???

Garrett booster

idk I'll talk to my fiance' and see what the numbers look like. could be something between 200-300 a month and if there's more available we'd send more to get it paid off faster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast