Thread: JamesMonty's 85 GLH-Turbo project log

Threaded View

Hybrid booster

Re: JamesMonty's 85 GLH-Turbo project log

4179 days since I last updated this. Short story is the car had issues I couldn't afford to fix at the time and I let it sit. Parked at my parents house and it was out of sight and out of mind. Every once in a while I would think I should get it running again, but other stuff just kept coming up. Then one day my youngest (you can see him in one of my old pictures) ask if he could have it and get it running again. Well it's too sketchy of a car for him but I said we could go work on it. So we sat out on a Thursday night to my parents and drug it out of the spot it had been sitting for the last 9 years. None of the wheels where stuck, so that was the first win. No water in the oil, but it had a few residents we had to get rid of. Over the next few days we pulled the gas lines and tank out. Put in a new tank/pump and ran new metal lines. Spun it up to get oil pressure and once the fuel primed it cracked right over. Ran like it was never parked. Pressure washed the slime and mold off of it and cleaned it up a bit. Ran it down the block to put some gas in it, and boy she still has some boost left in it. Going back Saturday with some plates and insurance and drive it back to my house. Then I will pick back up where I stopped over a decade ago.

Just after getting it running - https://imgur.com/a/qr6VwWu
    After the first wash - https://imgur.com/a/icOStu1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glht.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	65582