Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Never overheat again.

Re: Never overheat again.

Thanks for the info Simon, sounds good. Looking forward to hearing the results.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

yeah it is is really not toxic. I remember something about it being nearly food grade safe

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bohn View Post
    yeah it is is really not toxic. I remember something about it being nearly food grade safe
    For me that would be a good reason to go with it. If it's that safe, it should be something we begin to use mainstream for cleanliness. I'm not a tree hugger, but anti-freeze is so toxic, I hate even messing with it on my own car. I have jugs of this stuff I have no idea where to take or what to do with it because I don't know who would.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

anti freeze makes a good weed killer You guys really just need to read the webpage. All your questions would of been answered with 10 minutes of reading.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    anti freeze makes a good weed killer You guys really just need to read the webpage. All your questions would of been answered with 10 minutes of reading.
    Yes, but then we wouldn't get a chance to socialize on T-M.com!

turbo addict

Propylene glycol is used as a food preservative, and is what is used in "pet safe" antifreeze. There is only one commercial company that I am aware of that sells it, and it is called Sierra and comes from Napa. It is about 15$ a gallon. I don't know what is different between it and what you posted....

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t3rse View Post
    Propylene glycol is used as a food preservative, and is what is used in "pet safe" antifreeze. There is only one commercial company that I am aware of that sells it, and it is called Sierra and comes from Napa. It is about 15$ a gallon. I don't know what is different between it and what you posted....
    I bet the chemical composition is altered and it won't be pure Propylene glycol.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    well last radiator hose i blew was because of a clogged radiator, not heat=pressure.
    How did your radiator become clogged?

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    How did your radiator become clogged?
    They get clogged over due to do mineral/calcium deposits building up.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

http://www.evanscooling.com/main20.htm

Physical Properties of 100% Propylene Glycol

And for all those curious, here's the MSDS data.
    http://www.evanscooling.com/download...%20NPGplus.pdf
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Don't we have some laboratory workers - or even chem students on the board?
    Maybe they could analyze this stuff...

In fact on don't believe in magic/secret formulas, if it was indeed so special, why don't big ones sell stuff like it?

Quote Originally Posted by swiss_daytona View Post
    Don't we have some laboratory workers - or even chem students on the board?
    Maybe they could analyze this stuff...

In fact on don't believe in magic/secret formulas, if it was indeed so special, why don't big ones sell stuff like it?
    COST! Plain and simple. Multiply millions of gallons at say $30 more and you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    COST! Plain and simple. Multiply millions of gallons at say $30 more and you get the picture.
    I think his point is, it's safer, more effective so why aren't using this as a standard instead of anti-freeze which is extremely toxic and has greater limits than this stuff? Unless the elements in this stuff are rare or harder to come by, there is no reason companies shouldn't be pumping this stuff out for ALL auto companies to start using, getting away from anti-freeze. Competition would keep the price low and with so much demand, it could easily be sold for the same price as anti-freeze due to the larger market base. I'm guessing that part of the reason for the higher price is due to the limited consumer base they market to. I mean, I've never seen this stuff advertised at Autozone or Advance Auto, has anyone else? I understand there is a major undertaking to remove the old to use this stuff, but come on. MUCH safer than the existing alternative? I'd go with it. I'm still waiting for the results! Come now Simon, get on with it!

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I think his point is, it's safer, more effective so why aren't using this as a standard instead of anti-freeze which is extremely toxic and has greater limits than this stuff? Unless the elements in this stuff are rare or harder to come by, there is no reason companies shouldn't be pumping this stuff out for ALL auto companies to start using, getting away from anti-freeze. Competition would keep the price low and with so much demand, it could easily be sold for the same price as anti-freeze due to the larger market base. I'm guessing that part of the reason for the higher price is due to the limited consumer base they market to. I mean, I've never seen this stuff advertised at Autozone or Advance Auto, has anyone else? I understand there is a major undertaking to remove the old to use this stuff, but come on. MUCH safer than the existing alternative? I'd go with it. I'm still waiting for the results! Come now Simon, get on with it!
    The reason is still cost, 99% of the vehicles out there work just fine with antifreeze, so why would the manufacterer cost himself millions more for a product that is specialized. The other limiting factor is you need to carry spares with you as when you add water/antifreeze, you now have to flush it out and start again.

Its a specialized product for a small, niche market, IE racers and car enthusiasts.

turbo addict

patents might also stop companies from picking it up.

Mitsu booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

minigts pretty much got my point. With "bigones" I was rather speaking of the big oil companies than car companies using it oe.
    I mean, if this stuff really is superior, there is money to be made with - and that would call in the big ones. How could they pass on a cash cow?
    Patents? Maybe, the oil industry got the big bucks though...

Hybrid booster

You may not see Evan's in the chain stores but you do see PG anti-freezes. You just may not realise it.

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    patents might also stop companies from picking it up.
    I can appreciate the idea, but I can't imagine a company not jumping on the opportunity of selling more of what they are making. For something like this, I would be more than happy to sell my patent for a cool sum of cash plus some royalties. I'm vain so I can admit my weakness when it comes to millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by ssheen View Post
    You may not see Evan's in the chain stores but you do see PG anti-freezes. You just may not realise it.
    Yeah, I will be happy to see if anyone sells that stuff down here in the south. I can't say I've ever looked for it on the shelf, but it's hiding if it's sold at any of the stores in this part of the country.

Hybrid booster

You see any that are said to be non-toxic or animal friendly, then you are seeing PG anti-freeze. Most on the shelves though are run with water where as Evan's is meant to not be run with water. I have heard of some running the non evan's with out water. No idea how well that worked for them though.

I looked at switching over years ago. I did not because I run an under drive pulley. When I switch over to my electric water pump I plan to though...

turbo addict

what's a UDpulley have to do with it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast