Thread: code 26-injector driver issue...

turbo addict

code 26-injector driver issue...

Just wondering what this code is actually for, the ecu pinout to the injector? or does it mean the injector itself? wiring? etc? or is there an actual encoded driver for the injectors burned into the ecu or something?

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: code 26-injector driver issue...

It usually means you have a bad or corroded connection at the injectors or faulty wiring. If its bad enough, you can wiggle the connectors/harness and hear it drop out and start to miss.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

ok cool, that did happen yesterday too. And today i swapped out to my old injectors till i get my new ones from a guy on here, should be tomorrow. Guess i gotta do some wiring repairs too. Also i do know for sure my injector(s) are bad, one squirts at me with key off lol. Did it while i was changing them the other day and today. there a place to get a new wire harness from the connector to the rail?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

if cleaning the connections doesn't help, you may have a bad power board in the ecu. Very common failure on the 88/89 smecs. change out the top board (power board) with a good one.
    later,
    Cindy
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsiconquest88 View Post
    ok cool, that did happen yesterday too. And today i swapped out to my old injectors till i get my new ones from a guy on here, should be tomorrow. Guess i gotta do some wiring repairs too. Also i do know for sure my injector(s) are bad, one squirts at me with key off lol. Did it while i was changing them the other day and today. there a place to get a new wire harness from the connector to the rail?
    You can make your own, its been brought up before so maybe search connector or injector? using new connectors and just rewire it. I made mine out of a Quad 4 harness.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

I bought a set of msd injector plugs for a v8 like a 86-95 mustang. It was about 12 bucks, on amazon . Then you need the right wire crimper, about $25 @ summit, but other wise you can make your harness any way you want. You also have 4 extra plugs for the next one you want to make
    You may want to make sure the problem is in the injector harness and not in your main harness. It would be a shame to focus on the injector harness and have the problem be somewhere else.Or as suggested it could be in the computer board itself, but i would start with the wiring.

turbo addict

oh i have done a million times over injector wiring, including MS wiring. I was just wondering if you could buy OEM one or if someone here was making them to buy. Makes it much simpler lol. If i gotta make one its not a problem at all and doesnt take much time at all. I have 2 sets of quick release starion injector connectors which are the same as ours. Excpet they have a quick release pin instead of the dumb metal one u have to take off everytime u want to take an injector out.
    As for where the issue is, i think it is within the injector connectors or somewhere close cus if i twist the injector the idle will change for the worst and or clear up. If the problem was ecu i would think that wouldnt help as the wiring isnt moving nearly as much to create a contact in the ecu. I think it def lies between the main connector on the injector side to the injector connectors.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

I think is is likely the power board. do you have a spare turbo smec that you can swap out only the power board?
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict

lol i had 3 and gave them to gary, toward helping me last summer when i first got the van.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

bump

did u happen to fix the code 26??

i have this going down on my car too. i chcked the minimopar board and it says either faulty wiring or bad PM

im going to vote on the PM for myself, just havent got a chance to swap it out yet. because it didnt start happening until i swapped in whole new smec.

car runs great, get into boost and car starts to pull, then i loose power and car is running on 2-3 cylinders, check engine light comes on......i call this lawnmower loop mode. a minute or so of easy driving later, and she pops up on all 4s again lol

turbo addict

yea its all fixed but i dont think it was the driver, i havent got that code back since this thread lol. BUT here is the things i have done since this whole issue. cleaned my injector harness connector (which i thought may have been the problem since my major oil leak that got oil all over the tbelt and stuff which i fixed the other day) then found yesterday my igntion timing was way off and no clue how the distrib moved!!!! Cam to crank timing was on though. So i set it back to 12 btdc and its great again!!!! if the bucking does come back and the ignition timing dont move then im leaning toward the board like cindy said.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

ya i havent chcked my ign timing yet

that part scares me the WORST....because if it did jump again....i have a feeling i will be swapping out another intermediate shaft soon

turbo addict

ohhhh so the intermediate shaft causes the distrib to move somehow? i mean i cant see how the distrib moved... maybe i have an issue with the I.S. too? i did notice a little in and out play when i did the belt last year, like if u pull on the gear u could move it in and out, not a ruler measurable amount but it made noise when being moved. Maybe around 8 thousandths of an inch movement?