Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCT Tuning devices and software

boostaholic

SCT Tuning devices and software

I know a lot of you own newer turbo mopars (PT's, SRT-4's) and other newer mopars in general, so I thought I'd let you guys in on this deal... Hopefully that is allowed in this section. Sorry mods/admins if it's not, let me know.

I just got an e-mail from SCT giving me special limited time pricing and removing the MAP (minimum approved price) restrictions from their Dodge (gas powered only, sorry diesel guys) products.

Supported Vehicles:
    • '03 - '05 SRT4 Dodge Neon • '96 - '03 Non ETC Magnum V-8 Trucks
    • '96 - '06 SRT10 Dodge Viper • '04 - '06 HEMI Vehicles
    • '04 - '06 SRT10 Truck

It's not on their supported list, but I do know that all Turbo PT Cruisers with the NGC PCMs in them are supported, with the exception of the 06+ I believe it is that use the CAN-BUS. I've tuned more Turbo PT's than anything else, seen some real nice gains.

I can get you guys the XCal2 for $150 shipped anywhere in the US WITHOUT a tune. The MAP on these used to be $379! You would have to purchase a tune for your supported vehicle from an authorized dealer with this.

OR, and this is what I think more of you will be interested in, since we have a lot of DIYers here... I can get you a "Pro Racer" bundle that includes the SCT Advantage 3 Software and the XCal2 handheld device for $450 shipped anywhere in the US. This allows you near complete control over your PCM to write your own custom tunes (or "cals" as you guys tend to call them on your older TMs)! The software is locked to your PCM and VIN, so it's only good for 1 vehicle.

That is an awesome deal, the pro racer package was $1000 when it came out 2 years ago, and the XCal2 by itself was $500, not including the cost of a tune for a dealer. Now you can get the Pro Racer package and do your own tuning for less than it'd cost you to buy an XCal2 and a custom tune from most dealers!

The software is great, I've been using it to tune my own car for over 2 years now, and I've also tuned a few Rams, PT Cruisers, and SRT-4's with it as well. I wish it was available for the older cars too, 'cause I know you guys would love it for them!

For Turbo-Mopar.com members only, if you get the "Pro Racer" package, I will help you learn how to use the software and tune your modern mopar through the forum at no extra cost.

I'm not trying to make a bunch of $$ on these (if I wanted to do that, I would have been trying to sell them at MAP a long time ago!), just trying to pass these savings on to you guys and give back to the community. Feel free to ask any questions on it in this thread.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: SCT Tuning devices and software

does this software support '03 PTGT's w/autostick? How much experience do you have making cals for Ca. cars with all the smog laws out here? Need something that will pass smog in Ca. without issue.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    does this software support '03 PTGT's w/autostick? How much experience do you have making cals for Ca. cars with all the smog laws out here? Need something that will pass smog in Ca. without issue.
    I lived in CA, so I know how that is. If you have a stock turbo car, I have a good stock turbo PT Cruiser canned tune. I even have one that will put down more power than a Stage 2 SRT-4 if you install the injectors and 3BAR MAP/TIP from an SRT-4 Stage 2 kit. I can throw in a canned tune on it for another $25.

I use your stock PCM code to build the tune, so it retains the CA emissions codes in the PCM, smog check should think the car is stock. You can always return the car to stock before getting checked (takes 5 minutes to unload the tune and flash it back to stock) if you're really worried about it.

I'm pretty sure an '03 can be done, PM me the part number off your PCM and I can verify it is supported.

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    I lived in CA, so I know how that is. If you have a stock turbo car, I have a good stock turbo PT Cruiser canned tune. I even have one that will put down more power than a Stage 2 SRT-4 if you install the injectors and 3BAR MAP/TIP from an SRT-4 Stage 2 kit. I can throw in a canned tune on it for another $25.

I use your stock PCM code to build the tune, so it retains the CA emissions codes in the PCM, smog check should think the car is stock. You can always return the car to stock before getting checked (takes 5 minutes to unload the tune and flash it back to stock) if you're really worried about it.

I'm pretty sure an '03 can be done, PM me the part number off your PCM and I can verify it is supported.

Interesting.....

I was contemplating a DSP but this changes things. I'll pm you on PT Crew with any questions I have.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCSX View Post
    Interesting.....

I was contemplating a DSP but this changes things. I'll pm you on PT Crew with any questions I have.
    Responded to you over there.

sebring....where in Ca are you anyway?

sebring....where in Ca are you anyway?
    He's in Illinois IIRC

ahhh....I missed that somehow. the post reads "I LIVED in Ca." my bad.

boostaholic

ahhh....I missed that somehow. the post reads "I LIVED in Ca." my bad.
    Yeah I was stationed at Beale AFB, about an hour north of Sacramento from 2002-2004. I bought my Sebring in Roseville CA while I was out there. I live near Rockford Illinois now, about 90 miles NW of Chicago.

Hybrid booster

I have an '07 PT GT with the Mopar Stage 1 PCM.
    Is something that would still help me or would it be a waste of money?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by CaptMoe View Post
    I have an '07 PT GT with the Mopar Stage 1 PCM.
    Is something that would still help me or would it be a waste of money?
    I've seen gains over the Stage 1 PT with it... However I don't think it works with the 07's, different PCM type or BUS on them... can't remember. I'm at work so I don't hve my PCM code matrix to look at. I'd need the part number off your PCM to verify support. I'm thinking the 07's are not supported though.

boostaholic

Ok had a few people asking me how to find the part number on their PCM, so here's a pic:

There should be a sticker on the PCM somewhere similar to the one pictured about. The part number I circled in red. It always starts with a P and is followed by 8 numbers and 2 letters. The 8 numbers and 2 letters will be different depending on what year and what transmission your vehicle has.

The sticker is some times on the side of the PCM if an update was ever done by the dealer, otherwise it's usually on the side of the PCM that the wiring harness connects to, below the plugs.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    I know a lot of you own newer turbo mopars (PT's, SRT-4's) and other newer mopars in general, so I thought I'd let you guys in on this deal... Hopefully that is allowed in this section. Sorry mods/admins if it's not, let me know.

I just got an e-mail from SCT giving me special limited time pricing and removing the MAP (minimum approved price) restrictions from their Dodge (gas powered only, sorry diesel guys) products.

Supported Vehicles:
    • '03 - '05 SRT4 Dodge Neon • '96 - '03 Non ETC Magnum V-8 Trucks
    • '96 - '06 SRT10 Dodge Viper • '04 - '06 HEMI Vehicles
    • '04 - '06 SRT10 Truck

It's not on their supported list, but I do know that all Turbo PT Cruisers with the NGC PCMs in them are supported, with the exception of the 06+ I believe it is that use the CAN-BUS. I've tuned more Turbo PT's than anything else, seen some real nice gains.

I can get you guys the XCal2 for $150 shipped anywhere in the US WITHOUT a tune. The MAP on these used to be $379! You would have to purchase a tune for your supported vehicle from an authorized dealer with this.

OR, and this is what I think more of you will be interested in, since we have a lot of DIYers here... I can get you a "Pro Racer" bundle that includes the SCT Advantage 3 Software and the XCal2 handheld device for $450 shipped anywhere in the US. This allows you near complete control over your PCM to write your own custom tunes (or "cals" as you guys tend to call them on your older TMs)! The software is locked to your PCM and VIN, so it's only good for 1 vehicle.

That is an awesome deal, the pro racer package was $1000 when it came out 2 years ago, and the XCal2 by itself was $500, not including the cost of a tune for a dealer. Now you can get the Pro Racer package and do your own tuning for less than it'd cost you to buy an XCal2 and a custom tune from most dealers!

The software is great, I've been using it to tune my own car for over 2 years now, and I've also tuned a few Rams, PT Cruisers, and SRT-4's with it as well. I wish it was available for the older cars too, 'cause I know you guys would love it for them!

For Turbo-Mopar.com members only, if you get the "Pro Racer" package, I will help you learn how to use the software and tune your modern mopar through the forum at no extra cost.

I'm not trying to make a bunch of $$ on these (if I wanted to do that, I would have been trying to sell them at MAP a long time ago!), just trying to pass these savings on to you guys and give back to the community. Feel free to ask any questions on it in this thread.
    to get back on topic for the OP. Didn't mean to hijack.
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR] is a performance parts and service business catering to a variety of high performance cars. We carry a full line of products to service and upgrade [I][COLOR="#FF0000"]Turbo Mopars, Shelby Dodges and Chryslers[/COLOR][/I] of all makes, models and years. From parts to service, fabrication and dyno tuning there is something for everyone. Visit our store at [COLOR=red][B][URL="http://www.fwdperformance.com/store"]FWD Performance[/URL][/B][/COLOR], we'd love to hear from you![/SIZE]

Id be interested, but ONLY if the tunes I got for it (canned or otherwise)were guaranteed to pass smog out here without issue. Its the GF's car and I dont want her to have to worry about that. I mean I had to go through the whole referee thing with my 'page when we did the T2 conversion. Never dealt with so much BS in my life!!

You can flash it back to the stock tune, the only thing that sucks about it is both your GF and I having 03's is we would have to swap injectors to go back to stock from the S1 tune. Not that big of a deal but I'll be rolling the dice on the tune. The shop I go to retests for free so if it doesn't pass, stock injectors and tune will get put back on. I really wouldn't worry about it though, they aren't going to know it's on there. You can always do what Butch does and throw some alcohol in the tank before you go

thought '03 PTGT's pass with the stage 1?!

thought '03 PTGT's pass with the stage 1?!

I'm sure they do,but it says right on the PCM for off road use only or not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. I forget. Either way, s1 or sct, there is no gaurantee it will and you probobly won't get one. As far as the two go, the sct is just a better way to get there with much more to offer in the long run.

So I have an 04 GT 5 speed. Currently I'm running the Stage 1 PCM I got off Cindy last month and love it, but of course would not mind getting a little more power. What kind of numbers would a SCT2 bump me up to? Also, since I have not tuning experience whatsoever, what other mods would need to be done to support this, and is there any chance of these being tuned and then arrive at your door? If so, what is the cost?

Sorry if you answered any of those above, its late and I may have missed something.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCSX View Post
    I'm sure they do,but it says right on the PCM for off road use only or not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. I forget. Either way, s1 or sct, there is no gaurantee it will and you probobly won't get one. As far as the two go, the sct is just a better way to get there with much more to offer in the long run.
    Correct, that's not something I can guarantee. There's a guy out in CA with a 2001 RAM (360), mild cam, running an SCT tune that I wrote, and he hasn't had any problems passing smog. He's been running the tune for close to 2 years now, one of 1st people I ever tuned for.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Turismo View Post
    So I have an 04 GT 5 speed. Currently I'm running the Stage 1 PCM I got off Cindy last month and love it, but of course would not mind getting a little more power. What kind of numbers would a SCT2 bump me up to? Also, since I have not tuning experience whatsoever, what other mods would need to be done to support this, and is there any chance of these being tuned and then arrive at your door? If so, what is the cost?

Sorry if you answered any of those above, its late and I may have missed something.
    You could essentiall sell the Stage 1, 'cause this can give you everthing Stage 1 does and more. SCT Claims +38fwhp and +76ft-lbs of torque on their "canned" tune for the SRT-4. My tune is a little above and beyond theirs, so maybe a little more than that, I can't say for sure. Since each vehicle is different, each vehicle will see slightly different results.

You don't need anything else to support it. I have a nice "canned" tune for stock PT Cruisers... I guess I didn't put that in my original post... if I happen to have a "canned" tune devloped for your vehicle, I'll include that with the tuner for $175 shipped. I have tunes for stock PT's and SRT-4's, and I have tunes for both of those with 3 BAR MAP/TIP using either stock or Stage 2 injectors. I also have a good tune for '96-02 Rams and Dakotas with either the 318 or 360. Works well if they are relatively stock, say nothing more than maybe headers and exhaust. Beyond that you really need a custom tune on those.

your "canned" tune sounds nice but I dont know how long the autostick would live with that much torque LOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast