Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCT Tuning devices and software

Mitsu booster

Re: SCT Tuning devices and software

sent ya a PM on this

I also sent you a PM. It isn't stored in my sent folder so if for some reason you didn't get it please let me know and I'll shoot you an e-mail instead. Thanks.

Hybrid booster

Hey there. If i have an SCT already,whats it run to upgrade to the pro package? would programmer need to be sent to you or to SCT? Hope ya get to feelin better

boostaholic

All PMs should have been replied to.

You are better off buying this package deal. I asked SCT if I could get just the software without an XCal2 for less, and they won't do it. Software by itself is $350. Software bundled with an XCal2 is $250. So if you already have an XCal2, just sell the brand new one that comes with the package. Or keep it as a spare.... point is, it's cheaper to get the package deal right now than it is to get the software by itself.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

One of my projects is planned to end with what will essentially be an '02 PT GT engine/auto-stick trans. Seems like this would be a fine way to dial in the combo, and I like that it should slide past the CA smog Nazis, as that's where I am... I'm wondering if this software/tuner will allow control of the trans as well? Or would I have to get the newer set-up that has the PCM integrated into one unit?

Thanks!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    One of my projects is planned to end with what will essentially be an '02 PT GT engine/auto-stick trans. Seems like this would be a fine way to dial in the combo, and I like that it should slide past the CA smog Nazis, as that's where I am... I'm wondering if this software/tuner will allow control of the trans as well? Or would I have to get the newer set-up that has the PCM integrated into one unit?

Thanks!

Mike
    You would want an 04+ (NGC3) PCM for best results. The PT Cruisers are only supported for 03-05 model years. It would not work on an '02 PT PCM. The 04-05 have the most parameters available for them, and finer resolution on many of the tables over the 03.

Unfortunately very little trans control (almost none really) for those. The 96-02 RWD vehicles that are supported have the most trans controls in them.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    You would want an 04+ (NGC3) PCM for best results. The PT Cruisers are only supported for 03-05 model years. It would not work on an '02 PT PCM. The 04-05 have the most parameters available for them, and finer resolution on many of the tables over the 03.

Unfortunately very little trans control (almost none really) for those. The 96-02 RWD vehicles that are supported have the most trans controls in them.
    OK, so if I get a newer unit, would I be able to control the shift points and line pressure of the trans? Can you find out what would be controlled? I was considering the 02 because they have a "stand alone" controller and so I could run that trans with a 2.2 or some other odd combo and still have the "auto-stick" control, but I wouldn't mind having a newer engine/trans, if I can play with line pressures and shift points at a minimum... Basically I want to be able to force the trans to live with higher HP levels...

Thanks!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    OK, so if I get a newer unit, would I be able to control the shift points and line pressure of the trans? Can you find out what would be controlled? I was considering the 02 because they have a "stand alone" controller and so I could run that trans with a 2.2 or some other odd combo and still have the "auto-stick" control, but I wouldn't mind having a newer engine/trans, if I can play with line pressures and shift points at a minimum... Basically I want to be able to force the trans to live with higher HP levels...

Thanks!

Mike
    I want to say yes on the line pressure, but no on the shift points, I'd have to take another look at it to be sure.

I know there's nothing for the torque converter lock/unlock schedule, which I REALLY need for my car, I wish that was in there. The '96-02 trucks have that available.

Does "all hemi's thru 06" include 6.1 SRT?

Thanks,
    Guy

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by guyd_15 View Post
    Does "all hemi's thru 06" include 6.1 SRT?

Thanks,
    Guy
    Yes.

Mitsu booster

No recent activity, is this offer still going through December?

Sent you a PM. I'd like to get the PRP package today.
    Last edited by RJ_Hythloday; 12-11-2009 at 03:49 PM.

boostaholic

Deal got extended to the 18th.

I was out of town for my daughter having more surgery to finish reconstructing her skull.

Mitsu booster

Sorry to hear. Sent you a couple PM's on this deal as they werent stored in my sent folder. Sorry for the Duplicates.

boostaholic

Responded to all PMs... While the deal has been extended to the 18th... I really would like all payments in by today for anyone wanting to get in on this still. Paypal takes a few days to clear funds, and I need the funds to clear before I put the order in with SCT by the 18th.

boostaholic

Thanks for all your support during this event! I know a lot of people signed up here from other forums just to get in touch with me for this. I only had to turn down 1 order that didn't get in time.

Sale's over, and SCT is closed for the Holidays. I will be shipping everything out as soon as it gets to me.

boostaholic

For those that are waiting on these, they are shipping out today, tracking numbers will be available later this afternoon.

boostaholic

Been a little too busy to get this posted, may be a little late now, but SCT had this sale back on again, there's 2 days left on it. It ends V-Day.

Mitsu booster

how would I get a stronger stock tune for my sct xcal2 srt4? I just purchased one today for $150 from a friend of mine and idk how to tune it or even where to begin with it.. anything would be a real help.. thanks

You have to take it to a Shop that has the software to write to the tuner (unless you already have it, I didn't read the whole thread). I talked to a guy on another dodge forum about the price of the software since I considered using it with my truck. The software itself was $350.

boostaholic

Yes just the software to tune it yourself is $350 shipped anywhere in the US.

If it's a bone stock SRT-4, I have canned 91 or 93 octane tunes that I can e-mail you for $25.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast