Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 parts

Mitsu booster

Re: 3.0 parts

what cams do you have for sale and what would the gain be?

Mitsu booster

hey forced what do you recomend for the bottom end? Or anyone.

bottom end - 10:1 pistons, leave everything else stock
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Mitsu booster

leave everything on the bottom stock? link to these pistons.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Yeah, bottom ends are quite stout in these engines. Essentially, IIRC the only difference in our bottom end and a turbo bottom end, is the turbo has a nitrided crank. The stock Chrysler rods, crank and block can hold 500hp easy.

Do a search on Google for 6G72 10:1 piston, should pull up something.

Mitsu booster

force didnt you say not to go 10:1 cause of clearance issues? if I use those and some cams and the belt breaks will they have a meeting?

the only thing with 10:1 is if you break the timing belt you will break every piston and bend every valve. cam makes no difference
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Mitsu booster

forced said something about 9 or 9:1 what are those

stock is 8.9:1. It think the later ones are a TINY bit different, but not enough to make a significant difference. You could mill the heads for compression.

you have a set of 10:1 pistons readily available to you, why bother with anything else if you want performance? Just toss on a new timing belt and enjoy the power

Mitsu booster

where do i get those pistons? are these them?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-99...Q5fAccessories

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    the only thing with 10:1 is if you break the timing belt you will break every piston and bend every valve. cam makes no difference
    What he said Power gain would be worth it though. And really, you'll have a new belt so you have like 60k miles before you need to worry about breaking it

Mitsu booster

thx guys where can i get some cause those say 8:1 on the ebay page is that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebox View Post
    where do i get those pistons? are these them?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-99...Q5fAccessories
    Those say 8:1 compression, so no

Looks like what you'll want to get is '92-96 Diamante SOHC pistons. Apparently they came from the factory w/ 10:1 compression. Here is a site you can order them from, along w/ many aftermarket ones.

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/

Topline should be the cheapest, they make OEM replacement stuff. Looks like you can also order a forged set in whatever compression ratio you want from Ross and Wiseco too.

Mitsu booster

ok i have looked up both the pistons for my daytona and the diamante on that site and they have the same specs. I also looked up my 3.0 in the timing book at the shop and it stats thats if the belt breaks even with the stock setup you will most likely see damage so I say lets do it, now to just get a list of part #s and what cams and such mind you i want to stay on pump gas nothing to rad! and i will port the plen get the tb ya all say and stuff. I will put a pic up of it but ya all have seen the blue daytona's before im sure of course I dont see to many of them anymore.

You'll have to run 93 oct w/ the 10:1 compression, but that's still pump gas.

if your gonna port the plenum use a 58 TB

ok i have looked up both the pistons for my daytona and the diamante on that site and they have the same specs. I also looked up my 3.0 in the timing book at the shop and it stats thats if the belt breaks even with the stock setup you will most likely see damage so I say lets do it, now to just get a list of part #s and what cams and such mind you i want to stay on pump gas nothing to rad! and i will port the plen get the tb ya all say and stuff. I will put a pic up of it but ya all have seen the blue daytona's before im sure of course I dont see to many of them anymore.
    are you retarded?

Mitsu booster

yes I am retarded I have to take my helmet off just to post! dude im not the 29 year old with gijoe as my sig lol. say what ya want but name calling makes you look 4. but you probably was one of the kids who got beat up in the school yard and has to resort name calling in forums to be a big man. so just say what you want as I came here looking for help not your pathetic attempt to join the conversation with your limited vocabulary.

yes I am retarded I have to take my helmet off just to post! dude im not the 29 year old with gijoe as my sig lol. say what ya want but name calling makes you look 4. but you probably was one of the kids who got beat up in the school yard and has to resort name calling in forums to be a big man. so just say what you want as I came here looking for help not your pathetic attempt to join the conversation with your limited vocabulary.
    Burn

Mitsu booster

The local junkyard has a buttload of 3.0 cores im just going to pick 1 up up and build it. extra components are allways good anyways. (they are full cores plen,distrib and that stuff) is there a certain number or something on the block i should look for or are they all the same?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast