Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.0 parts

Mitsu booster

3.0 parts

looking for aftermarket or spare parts to upbeat my 3.0 v6. tell me what you got and how much?

Re: 3.0 parts

K&N air filter for the stock airbox, $12.00 shipped.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

I would just put a cone of the TB

you can swap to a 52mm TB. if you have a 4 or 5 speed you can use one form a 3.3. if you have a 3 speed you need one form an 87-88 3.0, or swap arms from your old TB

pm jdawg for plenum spacers

FWDPerformance has exhaust systems
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Hybrid booster

i think i might have a ported plenum and other stuff as 3.0s is all i have ever had inthe shadows

Mitsu booster

keep em coming I would really like a underdrive pulley but fwdmotion will only order them in quans of 10.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Mitsu booster

well i mise well just sell my iroc. I am starting to think that moding it isnt worth it. un less someone would put together a kit to buy. I work for 7up and dont have the time to go to the salvage yards. I will pull the motor and 5spd out to do the work thats no biggie. the car just looks to good to sit in my garage and not drive.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

So just drive it. Put exhaust on it, set the timing to optimum specs (probably 12-15 degrees), put a 52 TB on it, and just have fun in it. Those will gain you a small bit of power and better throttle response.

Mitsu booster

yes but 200hp would be better how can I reach that?

You can't w/o tearing into the engine or using nitrous. However, you can swap in new cams w/o pulling the engine or even the heads, it can be done in-car. So I would say cams, modified upper plenum (divider removed, TB inlet ported, gasket match outlet ports etc), 52mm TB, ported exhaust manifolds, full free-flow exhaust, cold air intake, 180* t-stat, and optimized timing should put you around 175-200hp.

Mitsu booster

well the engine is coming out and getting rebuilt at the local shop but he wants a grand for a stock rebuild kit, somewhere there has to be a kit or one that someone could help me figure something out would be great I dont want to go to radical. so what do you think i could get to running pump gas? I might just go get a core at the boneyard for the rebuild, what I wish is that someone had on built allready to sell me LOL. what year core would be best?

$1000 for a rebuilt engine is cheap, just make sure the rebuild isn't a cheap job.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Is it a grand for the whole rebuild, or just for the kit (gaskets, bearings etc)? Just the kit, if it includes stock-type pistons, should be around 300-500 bucks. Machine work for the block, heads and crank should be around 400-600, and labor varies. I usually get at least 500 for disassembling and rebuilding an engine.

As long as it's coming out and apart and you're buying pistons anyway, I'd see about getting some for higher compression, as that will make a big difference in power. Stock compression on a Chrysler 3.0 is like 8.85 or something like that, pretty low for an NA engine. If you could find some for 9-9.5: comp, that would help quite a bit. Or you can use stock pistons and have the heads milled down to make it 9:1, but you may need adjustable cam gears to re-center the cams if you go that route.

FYI Stealths, 3kGT's, Monteros, and a few other Mitsu and Hyundai cars used the same basic engine (just different manifolds and EFI systems).

there are 10:1 compression pistons that are stock for another engine that you can use. They came with the diamante engines. Their cams help to raise up the powerband too, so the power comes on more linearly instead of a giant hump then a drop off.
    95 spirit 3.0/543 15.0@91 N/A, 14.5@96 on a 50 shot RIP 87 shelby Z - project car, maybe I can drive it this year 91 spirit - roll it, chop the top, do some burnouts! RIP

Yeah, just remember, when you go to 10:1 it becomes an interference engine

Mitsu booster

the $1000 was just for a kit. not the machine and labor. I love the 30+ mpg but hey if I loose a liltle mpg oh well, but i want it to be reliable and not smack the bottom end into the top! if someone wants to give me a price of one rebuilt better then stock throw it out here. what about the other cams out there, they wont smack the seats on the valves? I understand there isnt much play in the 3.0! I used to turn wrench at the local dodge dealership so gettin dirty isnt a issue. its time now!
    Last edited by Ebox; 07-16-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebox View Post
    the $1000 was just for a kit. not the machine and labor.
    Damn, what's included? If it doesn't have some forged slugs and a crank kit in there or something, that's waaay too much for just a simple kit.

Mitsu booster

he said its a master kit so who knows but him. he also said its out of 1 of the more name brand books.

Hmm, well some of that stuff can get expensive (oil pumps for instance can be 200 bucks +/- for import engines, so can the pick-up tube actually), but I would definitely check up on it to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebox View Post
    the $1000 was just for a kit. not the machine and labor. I love the 30+ mpg but hey if I loose a liltle mpg oh well, but i want it to be reliable and not smack the bottom end into the top! if someone wants to give me a price of one rebuilt better then stock throw it out here. what about the other cams out there, they wont smack the seats on the valves? I understand there isnt much play in the 3.0! I used to turn wrench at the local dodge dealership so gettin dirty isnt a issue. its time now!
    Post 6, hello?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast