Thread: Turbonator help

turbo addict

Turbonator help

Hey i was wondering if i could get a few questions answered about turbonator

I got the staging limiter to work but do you have to have a switch for it or can it be just related to the speed. The other thing is is that when i use a switch i only can get the brake to work the A/C and Cruise switches don't work I don't have any of those hooked up does that make a difference?

On the anti-lag i can't seem to get that to work at all i check the box and nothing is their something else i need to do? Does it only work with WOT?

The 2 stage boost control what is the names of the constants i need to change to set Low boost and HighBoost. Also what are the constants needed to change to raise or eliminate the overboost cut. and can i disable one of them or do i need to do it to all of them?

The last thing is that i want to run my wastegate off of the MP style control but every time i burn a MP cal the car idles at 2,000 rpm?

Thanks in advance

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Turbonator help

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    Hey i was wondering if i could get a few questions answered about turbonator

I got the staging limiter to work but do you have to have a switch for it or can it be just related to the speed. The other thing is is that when i use a switch i only can get the brake to work the A/C and Cruise switches don't work I don't have any of those hooked up does that make a difference?
    You don't have to use a switch. If you don't want it activated by a switch, just leave that option blank (no boxes checked in D-Cal).

You can use the A/C or cruise inputs - you'll just have to add the wires to the ECU connector and and the switch.

On the anti-lag i can't seem to get that to work at all i check the box and nothing is their something else i need to do? Does it only work with WOT?
    It only works at WOT, or while staging. It's very mild, I doubt you'd notice anything like more noise or something. I'm working on a sprak-cut rev limiter that should have a more 'dramatic' sound when staging with anti-lag. But, with the stock fuel-cut limiter, there's not going to be much going on...

The 2 stage boost control what is the names of the constants i need to change to set Low boost and HighBoost. Also what are the constants needed to change to raise or eliminate the overboost cut. and can i disable one of them or do i need to do it to all of them?
    Your high boost is controlled by the various boost tables. The low boost has a constant (LOWBST_AllowedBoostLo). The 'Low' value should be lower than the boost tables. If you set the 'Low' value to something higher than the highest of the boost tables, then it obviously won't do anything.

The last thing is that i want to run my wastegate off of the MP style control but every time i burn a MP cal the car idles at 2,000 rpm?
    All of the cals use the same boost control. I commonized it and modified it. Oh wait, which Turbonator are we talking about here? T-LM or T-SMEC?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

T-SMEC
    And on the switches for staging or boost control I have the A/C and Cruise modules in my car the actual units are removed so do i have to build a jumper for those to work and does the ecu need to see a ground or 5v or 12v or what to activate those?
    Thanks!

You should be able to use the cruise switches as-is if they'r already in the car. The actual module does not need to be there. You would need a jumper to use the A/C switch to trick it into thinking the A/C clutch is still there...

In T-SMEC, all the boost control code is the same regardless of which template you use. It's all the T1 (bleed) style.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

can you change the bleed style wastegate? i can't get mine to run more than 12 psi with that set up

You probably just need to tweak your restrictor size. It should be smaller (I think) for higher boost. I run a 0.04" restrictor (from the local parts store) and I run 18psi no problem with the same WG control.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

that is a good idea I forgot about that. So what parts store do you get your restrictors from

Autozone had them, so does Murray's (but, they're a Mi chain - soon to be O'Reilly's).
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

cool just ask for them or what are they just the vacuum line restrictors

They were in the section with all of the vacuum fittings/hose. it was on a rack on an end cap, I think. At least at Murray's. I think there are a couple different sizes available. I know I tried a larger one than I run now, and basically had no control of boost. So, it is very sensitive to that restrictor.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki