Thread: Quick auto R&R?

turbo addict

Quick auto R&R?

Hokay, gotta get a tranny swapped in my Voyager "real soon now" so I'll be picking one up from a wrecker to swap in... it's an A670 but let's pretend it's an A413.

So aside from maybe modding the VB, blocking accumulator, cleaning the governor, tightening bands, flushing the present cooler, what is quick and easy to do to it while it's out of the vehicle?

Don't want a rebuild project, got one in there, but you know how things go, could be using this one 6 months or 6 years before anything special goes in.

Guess I should get more diff pin retainers and do that, check it out for play.

Oh, is there a quick way to spot different gears? Not sure if it will have a different FD if it came out of a later van with 15" wheels or not.

Basically wanna know anything I could/should replace that doesn't need the special tools (making ) and isn't deep inside it.

thanks,

RW222

edit: though I'm fairly convinced I might just have a flexplate breakage (started off with a wierd knock) miiiight just make do with what I have.

turbo addict

Re: Quick auto R&R?

What part on an A413 or A670 would you call a tail stock ??

Seeing one listed that says "TAIL STOCK XXX" in the description.

I'm real hazy on RWD tranny terminology, but isn't that the housing on the output where the speed sensor usually is? So do they mean the extension housing do you think? If that's it, I guess it's either missing or damaged or something....