Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SDAC-19 Repairs...

Re: SDAC-19 Repairs...

Quote Originally Posted by turboshad View Post
    About 24-26hrs into my trip home I heard a wierd clunking sound and something that sounded like a bolt coming off on some extremely rough Saskatchewan roads. I finally found a place to pull over in a small town to discover my drivers side strut nut, the one that keeps the strut in the bearing plate, had completely come off. This let the strut come out of the bearing plate and just bounce around underneath. Luckily the nut and lock washer fell into the hole where the bearing plate is and even more luckily the abuse didn't snap or bend off the adjuster tab on my konis. All I lost was the bottom washer that goes underneath the bearing plate which was what I heard hit the inner fender while I was driving. All in all it could have been much worse but I made it home.

DJ
    Close call DJ...would have been an awful shame to get in an accident with that nice car. You are very lucky!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Just before SDAC, my brother and I replaced all the brake lines, hard lines and flex lines, on his Chevy Silvo HD. Towed my car all the way out to Ohio and back, including towing my car and Slowe's car various places for the convention. No issues.

On Friday night we towed the Sea-Doo's down to the beach in Delaware for the 4th of July Holiday weekend. Backing the truck out of the driveway to go to the beach, my father notices the brake fluid on the ground, and the truck has no pedal. The brand new right front braided brake line broke at the fitting.

No parts stores carry the front rubber brake lines for the application, but we were able to make parts for a 1500 work with some slight modification to the brackets.

It's a miracle it didn't happen at 70mph towing a trailer down the mountains in Western, PA. Very lucky to be alive.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict

I had to have the windshield replace in the CSX while at SDAC. I'm really not too happy about that.

The 11th commandment clearly states that Troy shall not have a factory windshield glass in any of his vehicals no matter how low the milage is....

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Just before SDAC, my brother and I replaced all the brake lines, hard lines and flex lines, on his Chevy Silvo HD. Towed my car all the way out to Ohio and back, including towing my car and Slowe's car various places for the convention. No issues.

On Friday night we towed the Sea-Doo's down to the beach in Delaware for the 4th of July Holiday weekend. Backing the truck out of the driveway to go to the beach, my father notices the brake fluid on the ground, and the truck has no pedal. The brand new right front braided brake line broke at the fitting.

No parts stores carry the front rubber brake lines for the application, but we were able to make parts for a 1500 work with some slight modification to the brackets.

It's a miracle it didn't happen at 70mph towing a trailer down the mountains in Western, PA. Very lucky to be alive.

Wow...I hope you guys took a moment to thank your lucky stars.

turbo addict

Yea pretty scary story Mike.

What happened to your windshield Troy?

My windshield cracked while at the parts store getting the cam seal for Baker. It needed it because there was a lot of chips in it anyway. Nothing quite like an original though.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    I had to have the windshield replace in the CSX while at SDAC. I'm really not too happy about that.

The 11th commandment clearly states that Troy shall not have a factory windshield glass in any of his vehicals no matter how low the milage is....
    Ouch that sucks

+1 what happened?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Ouch that sucks

+1 what happened?
    Not sure exactly when that it happened but it must have been on the way back from hospitality night. Apparently a rock hit the upper edge of the glass and didn't reveal itself until the next morning with a 12" crack....

Ouch

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

As Ralph stated, Jackson was a busy man and helped my by showing (doing!) me the installation of the Ti Retainers on my Spirit that I've had in the glove box since SDAC-14! He also helped by correctly (I obviously wasn't checking it correctly!) adjusting the tension on my Timing Belt. The engine has never been quiet but it is now! Again, thanks Jackson!!!

To Add to the list of repairs was the trailer tire blow-out on the way to Cincy on Friday evening. Lucky for me, it just blew off the tread and still held air and rode on the belts. I was worried about Carla behind me driving the LeBaron with the top down but she was able to miss the debris. We were able to pull off the interstate as it happened right at the Shelbyville exit and we were able to pull it over to Walmart to get a replacement tire and get back on the road.

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Gaboon View Post
    Thanks Ken and Andy, good times!!!

Attachment 15842
    It was a pleaseure to get to know you better Joey!

Hybrid booster

Hmmmm....is there an SDAC windshield breakage curse? I woke up and was getting ready to head out and the windshield on my truck had a huge split in it about 20 inches long. It didn't spread on the 800 mile drive home, but it did allow me to have a nice whistling noise the whole ride home!

Other than that, I did an axle swap in the hotel parking lot right before the drags. It was making a nice clunking sound so I figured better to change it out before I snapped it at the track and wasted precious racing time changing it out.

Jon

Wow thats wierd... maybe their is? I know last time at Cincy (SDAC-15) MoparBoyy put his azz thru the NYer windsheild!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Perhaps I brought the cracked windshield mojo with me?

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I hope to not make this list next year.

But I would like to thank everybody that helped and for all the offers of help with my repairs.
    For those that were not there, I towed the Sundance for the first time with my 1993 Caravan. The transmission (A670) went out in the van about 60 miles from the hotel. I got the van towed to the hotel. I arrived late Saturday night and before the van is even unhooked from the tow truck Alan and Brian are talking about getting a group together to do a transmission swap or rebuild the next day. I declined the offer because I really didn't want to be working on the van in the hotel parking lot in the heat. My original plan was to tow it home with the Sundance, but Sunday night we took a closer look at the hitch Andy (with the black turbo wagon) was going to loan me and found out it would not bolt up to the Sundance due to some frame mods I made. So it was either go home and get my custom hitch or swap transmissions. Monday morning I decided to hit a few junk yards and see what I could find. Well I pulled one out of an Acclaim at a pull-n-pay yard. Rob (Ohiorob) made a special trip back to the hotel Tuesday morning and installed a rebuild kit in it and helped me get it installed. On the first test drive it wasn't down shifting sometimes when you came to a stop but by the time I made my first gas stop on the way home it was working perfectly and it still is .
    Thanks again Rob also Tracy for helping lift it back in.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Yeah, I don't like anyone wrenching on my cars either Larry I had to leave a day early though and missed the final wrenching party on the van. Night before I was pretty 'embibed' and useless anyway unless it was a fireworks fight

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

i split about 5 gallons on 115 all over the parking lot. fuel line from the pump to the hanger came off and i lost pressure!
    lost all the gas when i was tryin to lower the car slowly, but twitched and it came crashing down. got some in my eyes too, and that stuff BURNS (fuel was neon green color)

i had a cut on my back and the gas ate into it nice, i still have the scar. fuel sock fell off after that, and car could only muster 45 psi fuel pressure @ the track running 25 pounds of boost lol
    got the car limped home and cleaned out the filter on the pump, its all good now...just experiencing other issues, damn TDs

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Yeah, I don't like anyone wrenching on my cars either Larry I had to leave a day early though and missed the final wrenching party on the van. Night before I was pretty 'embibed' and useless anyway unless it was a fireworks fight
    It's just I hate to have anybody else wasting there vacation time working on my piece of junk if there is anyway possible for me to do it myself. If I would have listened to my brother I would have had the hitch for the Sundance with me and nobody would have had to work on it.

Alan you were one of the few who saw me pulling the old transmission in the dark Tuesday morning and offered to help. It was around 2:00am. So thanks again, the offers were appreciated.
    Also you were right about the boost problem with the Sundance, it was just a dirty grainger valve. I finally got around to looking at it last week. I cleaned it out and went to the local track last Wednesday, got 2 passes in 11.5@127on the first pass and 11.2@124 on the second. the positive coil wire broke just before the traps on the second pass and I coasted through to by best time ever. Every now and then I make a pass without missing gears or bogging off the line

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by larryB View Post
    It's just I hate to have anybody else wasting there vacation time working on my piece of junk if there is anyway possible for me to do it myself. If I would have listened to my brother I would have had the hitch for the Sundance with me and nobody would have had to work on it.

Alan you were one of the few who saw me pulling the old transmission in the dark Tuesday morning and offered to help. It was around 2:00am. So thanks again, the offers were appreciated.
    Also you were right about the boost problem with the Sundance, it was just a dirty grainger valve. I finally got around to looking at it last week. I cleaned it out and went to the local track last Wednesday, got 2 passes in 11.5@127on the first pass and 11.2@124 on the second. the positive coil wire broke just before the traps on the second pass and I coasted through to by best time ever. Every now and then I make a pass without missing gears or bogging off the line
    Congrats on the new best time Larry. However, if you could refrain from calling your car a piece of junk that would be great. It's offensive.

+1 congrats on the new time! Please click the link in my signature to update our list!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Quote Originally Posted by turbojerk View Post
    I was there and I saw that sh*t!

I saw a small chip in it on the day of the wedding, and thought that was the one that spread, hoping that it didnt that day.. but didnt realize it was from something else, which sucks. Oh well, my avatar is worth money now, it has the original windshield!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast