Thread: Missing connectors

Hybrid booster

Missing connectors

I'm working on getting my 88 shelby z engine harness ready to go into my 89 ES. Some genius cut off the 02, fuel injector and some other connector before I got to it. The other turbos at the junkyard were missing this same connector but I was able to find the fuel and 02 plugs. I'm guessing it is for the purge solenoid or something. Will my car run without it? I will be running a boost controller and the factory emissions stuff is going to be removed. Other than these splices I have to make this harness is in good shape.

Re: Missing connectors

The only wires going to that area are the injectors, knock sensor, O2 and charge temp sensor. The Charge temp sensor is two wires one BK/LB and....I can't remember the other. That may be the two you are missing, so it seems. You should also have a ground somewhere in there for the injectors. If you need the wiring diagrams, let me know.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

The wires that the arrow is pointing to are blue(14ga coming out of the black plug), LB, green/RD, purple/white, and black/LB. Wiring diagrams for this area would be awesome. It looks like I have everything except the air temp sensor, one of the O2 wires and the injector ground.

turbo addict

you can get a charge temp sensor plug new uses the same connector as some of the gm manifold air temp sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by jory View Post
    The wires that the arrow is pointing to are blue(14ga coming out of the black plug), LB, green/RD, purple/white, and black/LB. Wiring diagrams for this area would be awesome. It looks like I have everything except the air temp sensor, one of the O2 wires and the injector ground.
    Here is what I have for the 89 electronics. This should be ok for most years prior to 92, I believe. If you need more let me know, but this should be the wiring you're looking for. The bottom of the diagram details where wires go in relation to the SMEC. If you are running a LM/PM then I would focus on the wire color and what you're missing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	15794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring2.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	169.4 KB 
ID:	15795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring3.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	486.8 KB 
ID:	15796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring4.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	15797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiring5.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	15798  
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by jory View Post
    The blue one should be power, but I'm not aware of any 14ga dark blue power going to the rail area. Those colors you are mentioning don't really add up to the wires on the rail, but maybe it was a hacked up harness with some replacement pieces?

Should have 4 wires for the O2, 3 wire sets for the injectors, breaking down 1 set for one pair, 1 set for the other pair and 1 wire for the ground for all 4. 1 wire for the charge temp sensor, 1 wire for the knock sensor and 2 ground wires. Technically the 4 wire O2 only has 3 actual wires that come from other sources, as the 4th wire is a ground that is spliced into the one going to the injectors. The diagrams should cover it, but if you need more let me know.

Hybrid booster

Thanks for those diagrams, I'm sure they will help me out a lot. I pulled the TBI harness from my Daytona today and I found out that I will have to splice the headlight motor plugs and probably the parking lamps. The 88 has a big oval connector for the motor and the 89 uses a smaller plug (two of them I think). Everything else should be plug & play. There doesn't appear to be any air bag wiring in the 88 harness either.

Hybrid booster

I got most of it sorted out except for the o2 wires. 2 wires match the harness, green/black and ground. The other 2 are black/light blue and black/white and there is nothing matching. The charge temp sensor has a black/light blue wire, should i splice into that?
    There is a purple wire on my harness that looks like it goes to the injectors, but there is no purple there. Where does purple go?

Hybrid booster

What I need is a few diagrams for a 1988 t2 Shelby Z and I will be all set. Map sensor/fuel injector areas plus a pinout for the headlight motor connector. The two middle wires are ground and I could just put them on the body of the car somewhere right? The outer wires on the 88 harness match the 2 wires on the 89, just the 89 is missing the 2 black wires in the middle.