Thread: Heater/AC help

Hybrid booster

Heater/AC help

So I just put in a new controll unit and now I have controll of the heat, AC ect ect. but it wont change from Def, to floor ect it says its changeing on the unit, but its not. What Vac. line should I check first? there are sooooo many. Also I will post a picture of a line that I found broke that runs from a T at the Throttle body and along the valve cover over to the passenger side and its broken and I cant find the other part. I caped it off. Also I did the self Diag. on the unit and it has a Code 04. What is that?

Re: Heater/AC help

On my Lebaron GTS there was a hard white plastic line coming out of where the heater hoses come out of fire wall. My air kept coming out of the floor even though I had it set on panel. Once I found the white plastic line I joined the two broken pieces together with some 3/8" black hose which I think is washer fluid line.

turbo addict

Re: Heater/AC help

The A/C & heater vac comes off of the brake booster. It comes out of the tip of the check valve, loops back toward the fire wall, and goes in next to where the heater core lines go through the fire wall (not an elegant design). The lines that run across the valve cover could be any of a number of things from the charcoal canister to your MAP sensor (!!).

If it isn't switching to the different vac settings then it could be the val line going into the passenger compartment is busted in some way or the vac controller is broken.

Failure code 4 involves the bleed air door actuator (a mechanical stepper motor on the bottom of the box that is a b!tch to get to). The one I initially installed from they JY couldn't tell when it had reached full travel and would try to keep going and ticked really loudly. I grabbed a couple more (seem to be common part on the different years) and had one that didn't work at all. I finally have one that works.

If you can control the heat (it actually heats up and cools down when you adjust the temperature setting) then I would say the actuator works. And if it isn't ticking really loudly after a few minutes of reaching max / min heat / cool then I would say the 04 isn't being caused by the actuator motor. The actual in dash computer can fail and cause an 04 as well.

I would guess you are dealing with 2 problems here. I wouldn't worry about the code 04 until you can figure out what is going wrong with the doors in the air box not switching. There is a box that controls all of the vacuum for that and I would have figured that if it were bad or not getting vacuum that it would throw a code.

Good luck.