Thread: tps code 24 and car stalls when clutch is let out

Hybrid booster

tps code 24 and car stalls when clutch is let out

my car has no power when i let the clutch out, it just stalls...i have replaced the tps since i have afew laying around but the code keeps coming back

its a new engine that i haven't been able to break in yet since it does this, but i do have 20-25in vac.

i think the timing may be off but i dont have a timing light to check it...

my car has also been sitting for about 2 years, could it just be bad gas??? i'm not getting any knock...

any ideas???

TIA

EDIT:

it won't idle till its warmed up, and when it does idle its at like 1500 rpms
    Last edited by 86trbolancer; 06-26-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: tps code 24 and car stalls when clutch is let out

There are several things you need to do.

1. triple check the cam timing.
    2. check the ignition timing.
    3. check the TPS wiring.
    4. reset the base idle. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vb...&articleid=146

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    There are several things you need to do.

1. triple check the cam timing.
    2. check the ignition timing.
    3. check the TPS wiring.
    4. reset the base idle. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vb...&articleid=146
    1- cam timing is perfect...

2- i dont have a timing light so i'm just rotating my dist. which got it running at first like i stated in my 1st post...but now i took my timing belt off, moved my inter. shaft too far one way or the other and now it wont run at all...just pops through the intake and exhaust

3- the code hasn't came back but i will check that later when i get my power probe with V display from work...

4- and i gota get it running again to check the base idle

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

i'll keep yall updated

Hybrid booster

So i found that while i was tinkering with it this morning the dist. had spun a 180 while i had it out...fixed that so it runs again, and is throwing a code 23 for the charge air intake sensor, i think the wiring is bad since its a new sensor.

So it starts right up and idles fine, only has the code 23. But still every time i let the clutch out it stalls. It almost feels like i'm trying to drive with the e-brake on, but i dont have one...or like i'm trying to start out in like 3/4/5th gear, though every gear is easy to find and doesn't grind going in or out...I have a 4 puck with yellow plate from TU, and an a555 quafie posi...

any other ideas????

Hybrid booster

So it starts right up and idles fine, only has the code 23. But still every time i let the clutch out it stalls. It almost feels like i'm trying to drive with the e-brake on, but i dont have one...or like i'm trying to start out in like 3/4/5th gear, though every gear is easy to find and doesn't grind going in or out...I have a 4 puck with yellow plate from TU, and an a555 quafie posi...

any other ideas????

BUMP

boostaholic

Map sensor vac leak maybe.

turbo addict

rev it up to pull out its not a regular clutch.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by butchsuppe View Post
    Map sensor vac leak maybe.

i did all the vacume tubing my self so i think its ok, but i'll have to double check...+ wouldn't it run/idle funny if there was a leak???

Quote Originally Posted by bgbmxer View Post
    rev it up to pull out its not a regular clutch.

i've tried dumping and easing into the clutch at like 4500-5000 it just wants to stall out. Even on level ground.

The only thing i really know that could be the problem is the gas thats been in there for like 2yrs...i'm gunna get some new stuff and try again later though i doubt its gunna fix it...i'm also starting to think it could be a weak fuel pump giving it just enough fuel to run and rev up but not enough under a load

Hybrid booster

Exclamation Re: tps code 24 and car stalls when clutch is let out

Quote Originally Posted by 86trbolancer View Post
    i did all the vacume tubing my self so i think its ok, but i'll have to double check...+ wouldn't it run/idle funny if there was a leak???

i've tried dumping and easing into the clutch at like 4500-5000 it just wants to stall out. Even on level ground.

The only thing i really know that could be the problem is the gas thats been in there for like 2yrs...i'm gunna get some new stuff and try again later though i doubt its gunna fix it...i'm also starting to think it could be a weak fuel pump giving it just enough fuel to run and rev up but not enough under a load

So i put some new 91 octane gas in it and checked and rechecked my vacuum lines. They all look fine.

I jacked my car up so the tires were off the ground and spun it up so i know nothing is locked up some how...and i can tell there is enough fuel just by the way it sprays out of the schrader on the fuel rail, wish i had a gauge though...

I have no idea what to check next and its getting very frustrating, i'm hoping one of you have had the same problem so i can solve mine...

TIA

ryan

boostaholic

I think maybe it's time to borrow a timing light.

Hybrid booster

^ thx butch

i know....