Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

The PW can't be negative. It's always a positive number. For some reason, in the SBEC, they have a minimum PW for distributor sync. At least, that's what it looks like to me. It's a very small number. And, actually, I'm not even sure it should be scaled for injectors. I think it has more to do with the timing of the distributor interrupt routine (which calculates the injector PW). So, it's kind of a minimum time, because that's how long it takes to calculate. If the PW was smaller than that, the next interrupt might occur before the injection cycle could take place. Just my guess. I need to study it more.

I use the windows calculator usually. It converts between hex, binary, and decimal. I should probably go and find a programmers calculator for windows, but the built-in version seems to work OK for me - so far.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Did you guys get the new version OK?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

i got it but to be honest it will be a while before i can try it sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    i got it but to be honest it will be a while before i can try it sorry
    Doh! No problem.

Anyone else want to give it a try? I should have the harness necessary to convert my van over to SBEC soon. But, it will be a couple of weeks before I can actually install it and get it running on the SBEC...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

Tomarrow I should be getting my ostrich so if you have my cal ready you could send that to me in the newest version I can try it out this weekend.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

OK, will do.

Also, I got the SBEC and harness for my van today
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Tomarrow I should be getting my ostrich so if you have my cal ready you could send that to me in the newest version I can try it out this weekend.
    Ian - I just sent you your cal files updated to the latest version of T-SBEC.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

It runs. not the greatest but it runs. Im not sure yet if the running problem is another cal problem but I havent messed with it. It runs about a 8.5:1 idle and the more throttle you give it the leaner it gets. Its starts though.

For the time being, I just loaded the stock 2.5 MTX cal.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Hmm, OK. At least it starts now...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

turbo addict

well dont know yet. I think the ostrich needs returned its messing up more and more now

If anyone else gets a chance to try this, please let me know. Doesn't look like I'm going to have time to convert my van over to SBEC this weekend...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

just tried it and it WORKS!!!!!

Thanks man

idled rich like it always does but i played around with the baseline from map table and leaned it out and she is good. all seems happy, gotta get it out to the track to actually run it and start playing with everything. pretty pumped tho!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    well dont know yet. I think the ostrich needs returned its messing up more and more now
    This happened to me, my ostrich would work sometimes and sometimes it wouldnt. it was blowing my mind trying to diagnose it. eventually sent it back, and it must have been bad because they sent me a new one and so far so good

turbo addict

I am going to try it again tonight, I did a harware reset on my ostrich and re-updated the firmware.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AzShadow View Post
    idled rich like it always does but i played around with the baseline from map table and leaned it out and she is good. all seems happy, gotta get it out to the track to actually run it and start playing with everything. pretty pumped tho!
    if you scaled the map tables (fuelbaselinefrommap, fuelpartthrottle, fuelfullthrottle) properly for injectors and engine size (aka the standard mptuner scale) then you should be adjusting the idle fuel with pumpingefficiency.

scale those maptables and leave them alone. everyone wants to go mess with them first but its the pumpingefficiency that needs to be dialed in first.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

just tried it and it WORKS!!!!!

Thanks man

I want to double check the fuel scaling - how did you setup the cal?

And, what do you mean by 'always rich'? With this cal? Or any cal?
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    if you scaled the map tables (fuelbaselinefrommap, fuelpartthrottle, fuelfullthrottle) properly for injectors and engine size (aka the standard mptuner scale) then you should be adjusting the idle fuel with pumpingefficiency.

scale those maptables and leave them alone. everyone wants to go mess with them first but its the pumpingefficiency that needs to be dialed in first.

Brian
    Thanks! this is really the first time i've ever started playing with this stuff so ill do it this way now

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    I want to double check the fuel scaling - how did you setup the cal?

And, what do you mean by 'always rich'? With this cal? Or any cal?
    used the stock atx cal. changed injectors to 52 lbs and map to 3 bar.

runs rich with this cal, and the older version 2.2 i believe it was. when i had the stock injectors and 2 bar in there and a stock cal from the repository it was fine.

runs rich with this cal, and the older version 2.2 i believe it was. when i had the stock injectors and 2 bar in there and a stock cal from the repository it was fine.
    OK, thanks. So, it's not hardware. Don't go adjusting too much just yet; or at least don't get too attached to your changes. I want to double check the fuel scaling and make sure I have all the tables included and scaled the correct direction.

Can you tell me, when it it rich? Always? Cold start? Warm Start? WOT, P/T, Idle, etc.

Thanks again for testing this for me...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    OK, thanks. So, it's not hardware. Don't go adjusting too much just yet; or at least don't get too attached to your changes. I want to double check the fuel scaling and make sure I have all the tables included and scaled the correct direction.

Can you tell me, when it it rich? Always? Cold start? Warm Start? WOT, P/T, Idle, etc.

Thanks again for testing this for me...
    cold start (about 10.0) then once its warms it will idle around (10.5) p/t in park it leans out some. steady 2000 rpm it will be around 13.0 ish. i cant take it out for a drive cuz its not registered so i cant say much more than that.

i adjusted the low rpm pumping efficiency to around 63% and it made it idle 14.5-15.0 but then hesitates (leans out) on quick throttle blips. if that helps any

turbo addict

cold start (about 10.0) then once its warms it will idle around (10.5) p/t in park it leans out some. steady 2000 rpm it will be around 13.0 ish. i cant take it out for a drive cuz its not registered so i cant say much more than that.

i adjusted the low rpm pumping efficiency to around 63% and it made it idle 14.5-15.0 but then hesitates (leans out) on quick throttle blips. if that helps any
    Those are about the same numbers I was getting on mine. When It approached 0 on the boost gauge it would lean out and break up.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast