Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

turbo addict

Re: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post
    I have tried all this and no luck, sometimes it cuts out so bad it will stop revving at 4500 like a hard limiter, put the stock ecu in and it runs perfect. Here is a link to my cal, if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...FhvVlExanlnQUE
    Just to add info if it helps, I tried every single 2.5 template there was and every combination of unchecked antilag and launch control and the results never changed. Maybe the MP one cut out a little softer. I even set all the launch control and antilag to max RPM and 0 degrees of timing. Always acts up at 3800 RPM. Seems like an antilag because reving in Park you can hear the turbo spooling up when it happens.

Burned a stock Cal and works perfectly. Maybe someone has a known working 2.5 TSBEC Cal they can post I could try? Maybe an older version of TSBEC?

Edit: I tried a Tsbec version 3 and is working good so far.
    Last edited by 1BADVAN; 10-16-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Mitsu booster

I had the very same problem back in January with the v4 and v4.1 2.2 TSBEC Cal and ended up using the v3 Cal also. It would start to miss fire around 2500 rpms and wouldn't go above 5000rpms. I could verify it with a timing light, the timing would start jumping erratically and even seemed to intermittently loose spark.

I'd like to be able to use the v4.1 cal someday as it has some nice features the v3 doesn't.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADVAN View Post

Edit: I tried a Tsbec version 3 and is working good so far.
    would you zip up that version 3 tsbec and send it to me. thx.
    89 Voyager LE, 2.5T2 - rest in peace
    87 Charger Shelby T2 (2.4 conversion in process)

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by wowzer View Post
    would you zip up that version 3 tsbec and send it to me. thx.
    I added it to this folder
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6S...p=docslist_api

thanks.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I have a car I can't get this to work in. It's a factory VNT car but doesn't have the VNT stuff anymore. Has a cal from FWD-P in it that runs it that is supposed to be a modified VNT cal. I have tried both a VNT Daytona and a regular SBEC Turbonator, and neither will start or run the car. Tried 3 different chips. Anyone else having trouble with getting T-SBEC to work?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

This seems to be the best place to put a summary that might be able to save search time for anyone currently getting into T-SBEC.

V4.1 in the download on the first page seems to have some bugs that will cause misses. V3 files don't seem to experience these issues, but may experience an issue every ~8.1 miles connected to the EMR routine. This can be resolved as posted here: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...=1#post1139287

There is a link a few posts above to the V3 files.

In a search, I found that the Staged T-SBEC at the beginning of the following thread are the Version 3 files. The .asm will be in the S-II zip folder.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ht=staged+cals

A drawback to V3 is that you don't have the WB2NB function I was hoping to use.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    I have a car I can't get this to work in. It's a factory VNT car but doesn't have the VNT stuff anymore. Has a cal from FWD-P in it that runs it that is supposed to be a modified VNT cal. I have tried both a VNT Daytona and a regular SBEC Turbonator, and neither will start or run the car. Tried 3 different chips. Anyone else having trouble with getting T-SBEC to work?
    I should update that I was trying to use a 27sf512 chip without a chip adapter. Which doesn't work obviously lol.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

fyi, i have a version 3.1 with the following mods: 1) adds wb2nb and 2) adds option feature that turns off the EMR routine by default. need testers for either/both mods. when i did the 3.0 v6 cal i turned off the emr stalling issue using a different method that still ran most of the emr routines. the t-sbec mod basically skips the emr1 routine. if actually looks like the emr2 routine is the one that should be causing the issues but the feedback i've gotten has been that just skipping the emr1 routine works! weird.

fwiw, i am moving off of facebook by year end so please contact me/post up here or via PM and i'll try to respond.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

fyi, i have a version 3.1 with the following mods: 1) adds wb2nb and 2) adds option feature that turns off the EMR routine by default. need testers for either/both mods. when i did the 3.0 v6 cal i turned off the emr stalling issue using a different method that still ran most of the emr routines. the t-sbec mod basically skips the emr1 routine. if actually looks like the emr2 routine is the one that should be causing the issues but the feedback i've gotten has been that just skipping the emr1 routine works! weird.

fwiw, i am moving off of facebook by year end so please contact me/post up here or via PM and i'll try to respond.
    Morris, which base cal?
    I might be able to test a 2.5 T1 ATX, but my Spirit is in bad shape, so I might struggle to drive 8.1 miles around the neighborhood.
    Need to order some engine mounts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Pick one and I'll send it to you along with the asm.

Pick one and I'll send it to you along with the asm.
    Sorry, I said ATX, but I meant for my Spirit 5spd
    T-SBEC 225 cal

Once I have a MPFlash SBEC of my own, I'll try to test it. My Spirit doesn't have a WB though, but I can try checking the EMR fix.

Wayne H.

'89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

What's EMR?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    What's EMR?
    Some Emission Maintenance or something.
    It does some kind of check every 8.1 miles or so, and you get a stumble or stall.

Wayne H.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheming View Post
    Some Emission Maintenance or something.
    It does some kind of check every 8.1 miles or so, and you get a stumble or stall.

Is that similar to the baro read check, or does it actuate something else?

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Is that similar to the baro read check, or does it actuate something else?
    I'm unsure myself.
    I had mostly been using a factory cal in my Spirit, since I can't really drive it.

Wayne H.

the emr (emissions reminder routine) updates a section of eeprom every so often. i haven't looked at it in detail but it must record a mileage reading perhaps. when the code tries to update this area using the new flash adapters it is unable to and then throws a code and/or causes the stumbling you hear about. once i get my sbec simulator set up over christmas i hope i'll track what data it's trying to save. rob L had discussed this in more detail somewhere.

found it per rob l--
    That issue is related to the 'Emissions Maintenence Reminder Light' function. I added an option flag to disable it specifically for the flashable SBEC's. The issue is that the flash module overrides the factory hardware write-protection for the upper memory. The processors on-board EEPROM overlaps the flash memory, and so you get a conflict where both memory chips are active at the same time. It causes the processor to reset. The EMR mileage is updated every 10km (or 6miles).

The V6's have the EMR function, too. So, you'll want to at least comment out that code with your flashable V6 SBEC. it's easy enough to do even without a setting in MP Tune. I can walk you thru it.
    Last edited by wowzer; 11-29-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Mitsu booster

I'd like a 2.5 mtx cal, potentially one of the hi torq versions, otherwise I'll just take a 2.5 mtx one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mitsu booster

bump. wowzer i cant PM you as your inbox is full. i'd love a v3.1 2.5t1 mtx sbec cal please!

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Morris,

you wanna send me V3.1 and I can make some safe test cals for some folks like 90Sleepervan to try out?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.