Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar
    Hmm, something is missing or a name was changed in the .lst file. I'll check my master copy in a little while, not at home right now...
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Re: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

OK, I checked my local version and they all compiled correctly. So, I just uploaded my latest V3 .asm and templates...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Hey Rob, just wondering if you've finished up with the updates for the Anti-Lag and Staging limiter yet? The insurance is back on the car and I'm just waiting for the hobbiest plates to come in, I got the registration but not the plates yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bfarroo View Post
    Hey Rob, just wondering if you've finished up with the updates for the Anti-Lag and Staging limiter yet? The insurance is back on the car and I'm just waiting for the hobbiest plates to come in, I got the registration but not the plates yet.
    Maybe - I'll have to look again. I was having trouble figuring out how to get 3 different types of boost control in 1 code (T1, VNT, and T2).
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Benji - here's a test version of T/SBEC with the spark-cut stuff added in. Feel free to try it and let me know what you think.

FYI, I postponed adding in the T2 boost control for now. It's complicated to have T1, T2 and VNT BC in the same codebase. Too much overlap in the table data.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I'm curious about the various boost control schemes... Is there a particular advantage to using the TI vs. TII? I realize the VNT is unique, though I'm not completely clear on how that works...

My main reason for asking is that, IIRC, one is more fail-safe than the other, that is, if there is a solenoid failure the worst thing that happens is that you get minimum boost, rather than run-away boost. If that's the case, and the other doesn't have a particular advantage, I'd be inclined to use the "safe" scheme and drop the other, especially if space is limited.

Please correct me if I'm off base here.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    I'm curious about the various boost control schemes... Is there a particular advantage to using the TI vs. TII? I realize the VNT is unique, though I'm not completely clear on how that works...

My main reason for asking is that, IIRC, one is more fail-safe than the other, that is, if there is a solenoid failure the worst thing that happens is that you get minimum boost, rather than run-away boost. If that's the case, and the other doesn't have a particular advantage, I'd be inclined to use the "safe" scheme and drop the other, especially if space is limited.

Please correct me if I'm off base here.

Mike
    The T1 is the one that ha a failsafe mode. But, some guys still prefer the T2 style. That's why I'm trying to include it.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Understood.

Any insight on how the VNT works? I don't mean to jack the thread, so a link is fine if it's explained in another thread.

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    Understood.

Any insight on how the VNT works? I don't mean to jack the thread, so a link is fine if it's explained in another thread.

Mike
    I only barely understand the VNT boost control. Basically, it uses 2 solenoids to put the vanes in an intermediate position for normal boost control. During spoolup, it 'closes' them completely, and during overboost opens them completely. From a tuning point of view, it's actually a little easier to tune - at least within the range that the VNT turbo works. I've never tried a 'huge' boost VNT cal. Only I think 16-18psi or so.

If you really want to understand it, look for Chrysler VNT boost control patent on Google patents. It has the complete flow chart, including variable and tables names, etc.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Benji - here's a test version of T/SBEC with the spark-cut stuff added in. Feel free to try it and let me know what you think.

FYI, I postponed adding in the T2 boost control for now. It's complicated to have T1, T2 and VNT BC in the same codebase. Too much overlap in the table data.
    I'll see if I can give it a try the weekend. This is a base cal that I'll need to transfer my info over to right?

I'll see if I can give it a try the weekend. This is a base cal that I'll need to transfer my info over to right?
    Actually, I put all of the templates in there. If you want, post your template file and I'll copy the new tables into it for you. That should save you a little time getting it setup...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I only barely understand the VNT boost control. Basically, it uses 2 solenoids to put the vanes in an intermediate position for normal boost control. During spoolup, it 'closes' them completely, and during overboost opens them completely. From a tuning point of view, it's actually a little easier to tune - at least within the range that the VNT turbo works. I've never tried a 'huge' boost VNT cal. Only I think 16-18psi or so.

If you really want to understand it, look for Chrysler VNT boost control patent on Google patents. It has the complete flow chart, including variable and tables names, etc.
    Thanks, I'll look it up.

Mike

- Edmund Burke

Actually, I put all of the templates in there. If you want, post your template file and I'll copy the new tables into it for you. That should save you a little time getting it setup...
    Is there a way for me to attach it on TM or should I email it.

Is there a way for me to attach it on TM or should I email it.
    I got it, I'll try to update it tomorrow...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

I tried setting up the cal today by starting with the 91 hi torque 246 cal which my original was based off and setting my current cal as the compare and transfering everything over but the car doesn't want to run. Seems like it's rich but I can't keep it running long enough for the wideband to come up. I load the original back in and everything is fine. I'll have to look everything over again but something isn't working right. Is there something I need to check in the new staging limiter / anti-lag that may not be setup correct?

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like it's only running on 2 cylinders.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

I know, might be a dumb question but doing a cal for a 90 Daytona, don't want to use an MBC, so do your cals have factory boost control? I won't be using anti-lag, staging limiters etc, just a zippier T1 with exhaust etc.

Do I need to run a latch adapter or just run a chip? I don't keep up on anything but SMEC,

Sorry, one more, I see no stage II cals listed in your stage cals thread? Just need something for 14psi, stock injectors. Thanks again.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman² View Post
    I know, might be a dumb question but doing a cal for a 90 Daytona, don't want to use an MBC, so do your cals have factory boost control? I won't be using anti-lag, staging limiters etc, just a zippier T1 with exhaust etc.

Do I need to run a latch adapter or just run a chip? I don't keep up on anything but SMEC,

Sorry, one more, I see no stage II cals listed in your stage cals thread? Just need something for 14psi, stock injectors. Thanks again.
    Yes, they have factory boost control.

I thought there were SBEC stage cals, not sure why they're not there. I haven't kept them updated; they're overdue...

SBEC's need a latch adapter to run a standard chip. But, not for a factory chip.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Yes, they have factory boost control.

I thought there were SBEC stage cals, not sure why they're not there. I haven't kept them updated; they're overdue...

SBEC's need a latch adapter to run a standard chip. But, not for a factory chip.

Thank you sir,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Benji - try re-compiling the .tpl i updated for you with this .asm...
    Last edited by ShelGame; 06-05-2013 at 08:43 PM.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

How do I do that?