Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Mitsu booster

Re: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    oh wait.... the original cal that i did was for the stock head/manifolds that you had in the list of the original setup.

so the pumping efficiency is going to need to be changed for the ported everything.

do you have head flow numbers for your head?

Thanks,

Brian
    honestly i do not. i bought it from MasterJR33/masterjr3333 on the forums, Justin Foden. he had it ported and he didnt include flow numbers. it has a 58mm throttle body and heavy enough porting that he had to have the intake runners welded though. i dont know if any of that helps, but that's all i know.

Mitsu booster

i reflashed the old v3 cal i used with the stock cam and head package and it idled well, and performed exactly as necessary. it just needs a few things tweaked as it likes to buck at random when warming up in 2nd gear getting up to speed and the cruise control doesnt like to function over 45mph as i found out yesterday.
    also, why does cold start on the v3 cal sound a certain way but the 4.1 cal has a much heavier cam lope? what are the settings to change that?
    also, what settings do i need to input for the WB2NB setup? i have an AEM x series wideband and i am confused on the settings to get it working. granted, i still need to adapt the 5v outputs of my wideband harness to the stock narrowband pigtail, but i was wondering if i had to set it up first or if that would make it simpler.

i apologize for all the questions, im trying to learn this system and once i get used to a cal's set up, i try a new cal and it's set up completely different.

- - - Updated - - -

i reflashed the old v3 cal i used with the stock cam and head package and it idled well, and performed exactly as necessary. it just needs a few things tweaked as it likes to buck at random when warming up in 2nd gear getting up to speed and the cruise control doesnt like to function over 45mph as i found out yesterday.

----also, why does cold start on the v3 cal sound a certain way but the 4.1 cal has a much heavier cam lope? what are the settings to change that?

----also, what settings do i need to input for the WB2NB setup? i have an AEM x series wideband and i am confused on the settings to get it working. granted, i still need to adapt the 5v outputs of my wideband harness to the stock narrowband pigtail, but i was wondering if i had to set it up first or if that would make it simpler.

i apologize for all the questions, im trying to learn this system and once i get used to a cal's set up, i try a new cal and it's set up completely different.

Hybrid booster

Select the setting on the back of the gauge to simulate a narrow-band signal and then connect the wire to the pin in the SBEC that corresponds to the 02 sensor. Had to do that with my SMEC. The range of values for the AEM really doesn't match what's available in MPTUNE. At least that was my experience setting up the wideband.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

if you have a cal that will idle fine, then you need to figure out what RPM is rich or lean and then adjust the PumpingEfficiency table to adjust for that RPM range. pumping efficiency is the most important table one these cars and its solely dependant on air fuels at different RPM points.

as for the Wideband to narrowband stuff there is a transfer function that you need to adjust to match the values that are coming out of your specific wideband.wideband.png

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    if you have a cal that will idle fine, then you need to figure out what RPM is rich or lean and then adjust the PumpingEfficiency table to adjust for that RPM range. pumping efficiency is the most important table one these cars and its solely dependant on air fuels at different RPM points.

as for the Wideband to narrowband stuff there is a transfer function that you need to adjust to match the values that are coming out of your specific wideband.wideband.png
    That was kind of my question, where would I find the specific values? I have the install guide/spec pdf of my wideband, but I don't see any values on the sheet that point me in the right direction.

Do I just adapt it and datalog with it and adjust the values from there? Or do I input different values prior to installing it for it to function properly?

I'll look at the pump efficiency table today and see where it needs tweaked and test drive it this weekend. Thank you

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021