Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Hybrid View

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Turbonator SBEC Codebase. This is very similar to the T-SMEC codebase, but obvioulsy set to run on the SBEC.

Features:

1) Knock Indicator – This feature flashes the ‘Check Engine’ lamp whenever the timing is being retarded due to knock. It’s a useful feature to feedback to the driver when you should back off to save your engine.

2) Switchable boost – This allows a ‘LOW’ boost setting to be used when a switch is applied. Unfortunately, it must be one of the existing inputs to the SMEC (Cruise, A/C, P/N switch, etc.). But, these can be ‘doubled up’ – IE, you can have the cruise on/off switch work for both hi/lo boost as well as cruise. This is similar in operation to the S60 boost switch feature, though without the timing adjustment for low octane fuel.

3) Staging Limiter (2-Step) – This feature allows a lower than normal rev limit to be set. This lower limit can be enabled by a low speed cutoff (usually 2-10mph), and/or a switch (usually the brake switch for auto cars). The lower rev limit is useful for launching the car in a drag race.

4) Spark-Cut Rev Limiter – Added the ability to specify a spark-cut to be used for the rev limit instead of a fuel-cut (which is the stock operation). When used in conjunction with the staging limiter, this gives much more precise control of the RPM while staging. The fuel-cut typically has a ~500rpm swing. The spark-cut staging limiter can get down to ~200rpm.

5) Anti-lag Retard – Anti-Lag is a feature that helps spool the turbo. For this release of T-SBEC, anti-lag has been completely re-written (same functionality as T/SMEC). Previously, anti-lag retarded the timing proportionally to the difference from boost target. Now, the Anti-lag timing is a pre-set value and it only works during staging (though, it will work with either the spark-cut or fuel-cut limiters). The anti-lag/staging advance can be set anywhere from -16 to +16 degrees.

6) Alky Injection – This feature is available, but not included in the standard build. Please PM me if you are interested in using it. Due to space and time limitations, I commented it out. But, it can easily be re-enabled for those that are interested.

7) Customized Boost Control – Added some custom code and an additional table to modify the WG duty Cycle as an anti-lag measure. Basically, the WGDC is set to 100% during transients to keep the WG from seeing the manifold pressure and releasing the exhaust gases early.

8) Modified Dwell Calculation - Added Dwell compensation for battery volts. This will maintain better dwell control than the stock code. Should improve ignition performance at WOT (when the alternator shuts off and battery voltage can drop).

9) 150% Pumping Efficiency Table Scale - Not working, disabled for now.

10) PTU (Lock-up) solenoid operation – Added PTU capability to the SMEC codebase. This is the exact same functionality as the stock 3.0 and later 4-cylinder turbo and TBI ECU’s.

11) Decel Fuel Cut - This will cut fuel (completely) on decel for fuel economy improvement. Currently only works on MT trans cals. This is actually stock function in the factory SBEC cals.

12) WB2NB - This is a feature that will allow you to feed a 0-5v WB signal directly into the SBEC thru the exsisting O2 sensor input (same functionaility as T/SMEC). The code will automatically convert the signal to a NB range for use in the stock feedback machansim. The WB AFR is stored in RAM so that it can be read and logged using MP Tune. There is also a constant value that can be used to offse the entire NB signal to force the engine to run richer or leaner in feedback mode.

07/13/15 - V4.1 now posted:
    For use only with MP Tuner 2

- Added Spark-Cut Rotating Launch Control/Staging Limiter from T/SMEC.
    - Updated table grouping common with T/SMEC.
    - WB2NB Function added.

Download T/SBEC V4.1
    Last edited by ShelGame; 07-13-2015 at 11:40 AM.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Re: Turbonator SBEC Codebase

Just for reference; Before I split the template data off and added in the Turbonator code, I assembled this back to a 100% byte-for-byte exact duplicate of the original binary. So, I'm fairly confident that any problems will be strictly in the Turbonator code and should be easy to track down and fix. Hopefully, there won't be any problems...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I'm glad to see this coming out Rob. Thanks again for all the work you put into these.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Big Big Thanks for all your efforts on our behalf!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

boostaholic

Anybody try it yet?
    -Jim Too many cars, not enough time..

boostaholic

While messing around scaling for 2.5 with +20's in chem2 it goes crazy I attached a screen shot. Whats the deal with this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jl93sundance View Post
    While messing around scaling for 2.5 with +20's in chem2 it goes crazy I attached a screen shot. Whats the deal with this?
    Yeah, I missed the assembler directive that told the assembler where to put the cal data. It's fixed now and reposted...

Also, I forgot to mention, the 2-bar option isn't finished yet. Still working on it. The cal data is only complete for the 3-bar build right now.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Thank you so much Rob! Don't know how I'd get along without your efforts!

Awaiting MTX version to try this....will you also be putting in the CEL flash on knock Rob?

CEL flash is in there. Sorry, it should be in the options list above...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

For an MTX can't I just de-select auto trans bit?

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    For an MTX can't I just de-select auto trans bit?
    Unfortunately, there's more to it than just that switch. There are many calibration chnages, too.
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Unfortunately, there's more to it than just that switch. There are many calibration chnages, too.
    Being the dangerous noob to do-it-yourself cals, I'd be very curious what those differences are. It seems to my noob mind that they wouldn't be very different as the engines (so far as I know) are the same (cam, etc), with the only real difference being how the IAC behaves when coming to a stop...

Please learn me some good stuff!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

- Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by zin View Post
    Being the dangerous noob to do-it-yourself cals, I'd be very curious what those differences are. It seems to my noob mind that they wouldn't be very different as the engines (so far as I know) are the same (cam, etc), with the only real difference being how the IAC behaves when coming to a stop...

Please learn me some good stuff!

Mike
    That's a lot of it, but the primary mehod of controlling idle is by spark scatter. And, those calibration values are also different manual to auto...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

That's a lot of it, but the primary mehod of controlling idle is by spark scatter. And, those calibration values are also different manual to auto...
    Trying... to... resist..... urge.... to ask more questions..... Awe hell! what is this spark scatter you speak of, sounds like the computer gets goofy with the ignition timing? I'll try to not use you up too much!(more)

Mike

- Edmund Burke

Pretty much. The AIS motor is really used as a last resort. They use spark scatter to control idle if at all possible. Then, there's fuel compensation for the spark scatter...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Then, there's fuel compensation for the spark scatter...
    DAMMIT!!! It's like you're baiting me... So they vary the fuel as they change the spark timing to control the engine speed... Does that mean the are leaning it out as they retard the timing, which makes some sense in my mind from an emissions stand-point, or is there something not-so-intuitive going on?

Mike

PS Thanks for taking the time to entertain my noob-ish questions, I do appreciate the info, hopefully other do too!

- Edmund Burke

Well, you've reached the limits of my understanding of how it works...
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Well, you've reached the limits of my understanding of how it works...
    That or you see the never ending string of questions that the answers generate! Thanks for helping a motivated noob understand this stuff a little better!

Mike

- Edmund Burke

boostaholic

, Rob, just wondering if you had a chance to work on mtx template?

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast