Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More SDAC 19 Categories

More SDAC 19 Categories

Barry,

I'd have to say I'm very disappointed in the list of available categories from last year's event and I'm hoping you'll consider some of these I feel would allow everyone at the show to participate and have an opportunity to win. I'm not trying to complain, but please consider some of these below for those of us who struggle daily to either keep our cars running or to make it to shows like SDAC. Also, I think this will encourage more of us to attend shows, regardless of where the shows are held. More could be added, but I think this will really spur SDAC involvement.

SDAC Categories

• Idling Category

• Last to Burn Oil (Starting car from a cold start, 30 second grace period before timer starts. Starting from a hot car, 15 second grace period before timer starts.)
    • Last to Overheat (Overflow reservoir being filled will determine an overheat. Excessive leaking cooling systems will be disqualified or another category will be created for Least Effective Cooling System)
    • Last to Shut Off for NO Reason

• Electrical Category

• Least/Most Gremlins (those claiming 0 may not enter, mainly because they are lying)
    • Most Grounds Installed (Engine bay only)
    • Most Splices (Overall)

• Engine Problems Category

• Most Leaks (A leak is considered per gasket area. Oil pans will counted as 4, based on side seals and front and rear)
    • Most Helicoils (any and all)
    • Most Fluid Types Leaked (In the event of a tie, most fluid leaked by volume will determine the winner)
    • Longest Unresolved Problem (Automatically given to Cordes, unless someone has had a problem from the factory.)
    • (Special Fluids sub-category)
    • Nitrous, Water/Alky, Chocolate Syrup

• Engine Mods

• Most Ghetto (Limited to 100 vehicles)
    • Most Expensive, Least Effective (Limited to 150 vehicles) (also could be "Money Well Spent" category)
    • Most Zip Ties (Daisy-chained zip ties count only as one)
    Last edited by minigts; 06-25-2009 at 12:50 PM.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Re: More SDAC 19 Categories

How about most vehicles broken by a single person at an SDAC event; including traveling there and back?
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Why can't daisy chained zip ties count for full value? I have 4-5 of them holding one of my shifter cables on.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Why can't daisy chained zip ties count for full value? I have 4-5 of them holding one of my shifter cables on.
    Brian, we must allow others who don't have the kind of expertise and zip tie experience to have an opportunity to win. Now, we can add a category for Longest Unresolved Problem, which you may win.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Brian, we must allow others who don't have the kind of expertise and zip tie experience to have an opportunity to win. Now, we can add a category for Longest Unresolved Problem, which you may win.
    I've got that one hands down. IIRC it has been over 2.5 years since I have had normal boost function.

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

SDAC Categories

• Idling Category

[INDENT][LIST][*]Last to Burn Oil (Starting car from a cold start, 30 second grace period before timer starts. Starting from a hot car, 15 second grace period before timer starts.)
    I thnk my truck may take this one. Bad valve seals make a good puff when starting, and it continues a little bit all the time while idling.

[*] Most Fluid Types Leaked (In the event of a tie, most fluid leaked by volume will determine the winner)
    Again, my truck may take the "by volume". It leaves a spot of auto trans fluid about 6" in diameter when parked overnight. If left parked, say for a couple weeks, the spot will be about 2 feet in diameter. Leaking from torque converter seal best I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by slasky
    How about most vehicles broken by a single person at an SDAC event; including traveling there and back?
    I can't get in on that one. But how about the car that breaks the soonest at an SDAC event?

Last year my Daytona blew the radiator as I got to the hotel parking lot on Friday about noon. It sat in the lot till I had the time to get it towed home on Wednesday (while others were at the Viper Plant tour).

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor "Top Fuel" Bender's Avatar

was Slasky the one the broke his car then broke the tow vehicle on the way home

How about most tickets?
    I know someone that got 2 seperate tickets on one trip home
    10's AGAIN '07, '08, '09
    TFB Fabrications custom billet machined parts for you Turbo Mopar

Quote Originally Posted by "Top Fuel" Bender View Post

How about most tickets?
    I know someone that got 2 seperate tickets on one trip home
    Well I think we need to try and capture the experience and value of owning a Shelby Dodge. We could add speeding tickets in an Off Beat category or something. I don't think it would fit this list...

Well I think we need to try and capture the experience and value of owning a Shelby Dodge. We could add speeding tickets in an Off Beat category or something. I don't think it would fit this list...
    How about tickets John Candy style in Planes Trains and Automobiles?

Quote Originally Posted by "Top Fuel" Bender View Post
    That was sean 1fastcsx289. At least he did not break my charger too when he had to use it for the last 300 miles on the way home last year.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Hybrid booster

dont forget-

Most and least amount of factory clearcoat still on car.

And we should start a over/under on how many will be afraid to race their car for fear of not having a ride home.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

How about "Can't keep the car running for longer than a month before something reeeeaaaaaalllyyy bad happens.......again" catagory?

Wait.....we would all win this one.

Least amount of factory floor pan still in vehicle?
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmonty View Post

And we should start a over/under on how many will be afraid to race their car for fear of not having a ride home.
    I'd be on that one.

How about one for "Mystery oil leak"? I have some sort of oil leak.. I'll be daamned if I know where it is coming from.

Or how about "Most rattle points from a 3" exhaust". Or 3" exhaust "best fit"

OR "Who drove the furthest on the baldest tires" - Street tire only. Separate class for nut jobs who drove on drag radials..

Could also add a category for "Biggest boom" for after the drags
    Shelby Lancer # 149... R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Noodle View Post
    I'd be on that one.

How about one for "Mystery oil leak"? I have some sort of oil leak.. I'll be daamned if I know where it is coming from.

Or how about "Most rattle points from a 3" exhaust". Or 3" exhaust "best fit"

OR "Who drove the furthest on the baldest tires" - Street tire only. Separate class for nut jobs who drove on drag radials..

Could also add a category for "Biggest boom" for after the drags
    Define "street tires". Assuming it is cool enough for me to not feel nauseated and light headed while working on the omni tomorrow, I should have cruise installed and my DOT legal autocross tires in full affect.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    Again, my truck may take the "by volume". It leaves a spot of auto trans fluid about 6" in diameter when parked overnight. If left parked, say for a couple weeks, the spot will be about 2 feet in diameter. Leaking from torque converter seal best I can tell.
    Might get lucky and it is only the o-ring for the dipstick tube, mine dry-rotted on my white 92.

Make sure its up to level before the trip out

Oh wait, this isnt a tech thread... ummm.... do we have a category for cars that need paint?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Define "street tires".
    Plain old, run on "your mamma's car" Street tires. Not DOT legal slicks, drag radials, autocross, or mud tires.

There can be a separate category for those. You know, since they don't last as long on the "Street".
    Shelby Lancer # 149... R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Noodle View Post
    Plain old, run on "your mamma's car" Street tires. Not DOT legal slicks, drag radials, autocross, or mud tires.

There can be a separate category for those. You know, since they don't last as long on the "Street".
    I see. Well, I must have at least 15K miles on these things so perhaps I could get an award for that?

"Most Splices (Overall)"

I think my dakota turbo conversion could walk away with this one if I were bringing it. although it would probably place in "Last to Shut Off for NO Reason" or maybe the category could be "First to Shut Off for NO Reason" 88 TII SMEC harness spliced into a 95 NA SBEC harness. I think I ended up with 35-40 spliced wires.

Please let me help you with that....PLEASE.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmonty View Post
    Dude, I'm afraid to drive my Omni across town, for fear of not having a ride home. I drove it to my friend's house 20 miles from me, and broke it twice on the way home! Lost the alternator/water pump belt as soon as I got on the freeway, then had to wait to fix it until the next morning, when three miles from my house, the passenger side axle came apart while getting off the freeway!

I have had the car for a year and a half, driven it all of six times, and broke something every single time!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast