Thread: 86 Charger Wiper Arms

Hybrid booster

86 Charger Wiper Arms

Does anyone know if there is a difference between years? I got a set that I was told came from an 86 charger but they stick out way too far and I can't close the hood.

Also are omni wiper arms the same? (I might have to go search the jyards around here)

Re: 86 Charger Wiper Arms

I think they are the same, but are they secured on the wiper arms fully? Sometimes they sit just above where they should. I mean, they can't be THAT tall. Are you positive they are from an l-body?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I think they are the same, but are they secured on the wiper arms fully? Sometimes they sit just above where they should. I mean, they can't be THAT tall. Are you positive they are from an l-body?
    That's what I'm not sure about if they are l-body, the original ones that were on the car had the just push the wiper attachment on the end, where the new ones have that pin on the end. They stick up about half an inch higher than the originals, and they look bulky.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by CDNTurboZ View Post
    That's what I'm not sure about if they are l-body, the original ones that were on the car had the just push the wiper attachment on the end, where the new ones have that pin on the end. They stick up about half an inch higher than the originals, and they look bulky.
    That sounds like Daytona wipers. Alot of the L-body ones that I've seen have a "L" on them sideways, or atleast all of mine do and they use a hook design where the plastic goes inbetween the "u"shape.

Fuzz

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Positive they came off an L body. Took them off an 86 shelby charger. Dont know why they would be on an L body if they werent right. If they just wont work PM me your address and I will send you another pair.

Hybrid booster

PM Sent

boostaholic

Just bizzare. I am curious as to what they origionally came off of.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz's84Daytona View Post
    they use a hook design where the plastic goes inbetween the "u"shape.

Fuzz
    See my original charger ones have just a flat rod with a little round circle/tab at the end where the wiper plastic piece clips on