Thread: Daytona Shelby wiring issues

Mitsu booster

Daytona Shelby wiring issues

So here's where I'm at. I'm a new Daytona owner and new to this site. Everyone here seems knowledgeable so I hope you guys can help. I just got an 89 daytona shelby tII that has been sitting for a little over a year due to a busted trans. The wiring in this car is SHOT!! Green rott, chew through from mice, and worse of all its been "hacked". Wires added, cut, twisted and taped, straight up mess. The only two options i see is to find a complete harness for this car or to find a diagram to build a new harness with the connectors i have. So if anyone knows where i can get a complete harness for my Daytona or a complete diagram with terminal numbers and all i would greatly appreciate it. As i said I'm new to these cars, not electricity. So if any more information is needed just fill me in, this is all a learning experience for me. Thanks for any help in advance.

boostaholic

Re: Daytona Shelby wiring issues

lol..just got done redoing mine...lol...i would just recommend posting on the wanted board for a complete wiring harness for it...i accually ordered 2 of the 4 from mopar...the one for the starter (positive harness) and a new negitive..which was only a couple of wires...then you gotta worry about that mess behind the battery...the friction tape is probally all dryed out..and falling off...atleast mine was...i would def ask around...someone should have a decent harness laying around....and for the wiring diagrams...i would maybe try fwd performance..i think they have a set of 89 g body books for sale....

Good luck...you will need it..!

Tom