Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TIII Rebuild/build-up

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Re: TIII Rebuild/build-up

I'm also building up a 2.5L TIII. Mine uses a TIII block, cast 2.5L TI crank, TIII rods, Venolia custom pistons from fwdperformance.com, and no balance shafts. Also used ARP rod bolts and main studs for it. Probably going to use one of my stock TIII heads w/Ti retainers, a Garrett 60-trim T3 turbocharger from a Mustang SVO. Only looking for ~280 WHP with plenty of torque for a super fun daily driver in my SL. Also got a nice A568/A523 hybrid with 3.77 gears and an OBX from Cliff Ramsdell and a blue plate/6-puck clutch and lightweight steel flywheel from Turbos Unleashed.

What are you using for a calibration? I'm going to start off with the stock TIII SBEC, but hopefully will find something a little better later on.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by mpgmike View Post
    There have been 500 HP 2.5s. I have one that's already been turned, but I'm going to send it back, have it magnefluxed and ballanced for extra insurance.
    Yeah, your right. There has been plenty of high powered 2.5's with no prob. Sound like your doing thing right also in having the crank checked out..

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I'm also building up a 2.5L TIII. Mine uses a TIII block, cast 2.5L TI crank, TIII rods, Venolia custom pistons from fwdperformance.com, and no balance shafts. Also used ARP rod bolts and main studs for it. Probably going to use one of my stock TIII heads w/Ti retainers, a Garrett 60-trim T3 turbocharger from a Mustang SVO. Only looking for ~280 WHP with plenty of torque for a super fun daily driver in my SL. Also got a nice A568/A523 hybrid with 3.77 gears and an OBX from Cliff Ramsdell and a blue plate/6-puck clutch and lightweight steel flywheel from Turbos Unleashed.

What are you using for a calibration? I'm going to start off with the stock TIII SBEC, but hopefully will find something a little better later on.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing that SL with a TIII in it.

Hybrid booster

I'm starting with stock boost & stock cal with stock injectors. I'm tossing around either doing a D-Cal myself or seeing if I can get TU's guy Ken to do a dyno cal later with 3-bar map & +40s or something. Haven't yet crossed that bridge.

Mike

Hybrid booster

I suppose here is where things get....

curious,.........

Intesting.........

MMMmmmmmmaybe even controversial.

This is an onboard hydrogen generator X2. All of the pieces will be extensively modifed before asembled into 2 units. Of course I'll dress them up to look good as well.

Electrolyzed water (hydrogen and oxygen and ionic constituents) increase the burn speed of the air fuel charge, lower EGTs, lower octane requirements, reduce NOx, reduce HCs, reduce ignition timing advance requirements, improve power and fuel economy. I have written a scientific report for my company, with lots of PhD references (including NASA) that back up these claims, in addition to actual field testing. With what I do, it only makes sense that I would include this technology in my pet hot rod project.

These are the reservoirs that hold the electrolyte and act as driers.

These are the stainless steel plates that will be modified, then assembled into the electrolyzers.

Althouh only 1 of each part is shown, I have sufficient spacers, O-rings, grommets, and nuts to assemble both units.

I'll post pics of the pieces as I modify them with an explanation of what in the heck it is supposed to accomplish.

Mike

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I'd love to see how those work. Of course you should drive it for a few weeks/months, then turn on those suckers and note differences.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

As you will eventually see, there are just too many odd-ball things required to make the package work. It goes together with all the goodies.

Mike

Garrett booster

Edit.....

turbo addict

I knew something different was going to be coming in the mix before long. I like it.

That looks something like the hydrogen injection deal I posted about last year. I think you posted in the thread.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25391

Hybrid booster

A more traditional 3" DP.

Mike

Hybrid booster

TurboXS Blow-Off Valve.

Mike

Hybrid booster

I got the high end Caswell Aluminum Anodizing system, so let's see if we can make some things look positively stunning.

Mike

Hybrid booster

I can't wait to see all these puzzle pieces come together.

Hybrid booster

Me more than you. I forgot to mention, the top box in the front is the reverse osmosis water purifier, the bottom box is the power supply. The chemicals, heaters, lead cathodes, etc. are in the buckets. The box on top in the back is an assortment of anodizing dyes.

Mike

Hybrid booster

Back to the hydrogen generator, the production unit I'm building upon has a few inefficiencies. The biggest is that the outlets are too small to allow very much HHO gas to release. The first thing I did was to open up the gas outlet hole to about 5/16".

Here you can see the before and after difference.

Mike

Garrett booster

Hey, did this project get done???

As per this thread...http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ht=#post972261

Quote Originally Posted by mpgmike View Post
    Head removed, surface rust in the cylinders, no exhaust. Other than that, complete with no body rust. Stuff that bolts on the bottom (fuel tank straps, brake lines, suspension parts) show rust, though. The rear tires don't hold air for very long, as it has sat for about 2 years now.

As it sits, $2500. With all the extra parts, $4000. Put together, $7500.

Mike
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

For some people, dreams change faster than projects get done, eh?

Hybrid booster

To be sure. Finally getting my financial life back in order. Just got back from a successful trip to China (imagine US made goods being EXPORTED to China!?!?). Might be able to get back on the IROC later this year.

Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123