Thread: Throttle bodies, TPS, AIS, Brackets, Throttle cables and kick down cables????

TIIFIIIWII Turbo Mopar Staff DodgeZ's Avatar

Throttle bodies, TPS, AIS, Brackets, Throttle cables and kick down cables????

I am all mixed up and don't know what to do. Does anyone have the low down on all of this stuff? I need a kick down cable for my 87 shelby lancer and I am not sure what "car" I need to order from when I get to the store. I am half debating just switching the throttle cable since I have 3 kick down cables from what I guess is late model cars that have a shorter kick down cable
    2022 Viper runs 9s

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Throttle bodies, TPS, AIS, Brackets, Throttle cables and kick down cables????

I would guess a kickdown cable from an '88 Lancer T1 would do?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Re: Throttle bodies, TPS, AIS, Brackets, Throttle cables and kick down cables????

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    I would guess a kickdown cable from an '88 Lancer T1 would do?
    is it going to have the long bracket or a short bracket?
    2022 Viper runs 9s

I thought the brackets were only different if they had cruise? 2 square holes w/o, 3 square holes with? Looked fo rpics of my old SL but no luck.. I'm sure there is one on T-M somewhere....

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

It looks like I do have the correct cable in my parts bin. I eyeballed it the other day and thought it was the same cable but when I put it side by side it is an inch longer. You can see it in the last pictures. I am not sure what years are what but I took a bunch of pictures of TBs and brackets and cables.

2022 Viper runs 9s

Looks like it fits

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

the cable that is installed in the car won't let the throttle open all the way up
    2022 Viper runs 9s

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

No idea where you got that bracket, its wrong, and you need to use the 2nd cable/bottom one. I would post of pic of correct bracket but my computer is messed up right now.

1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info