Thread: Rock Auto is a joke

Rock Auto is a joke

I ordered the 87 Shelby Turbo wheel bearing kits and they sent me 4 luggers, wtf, and I saw the 4 lugger numbers so I know I didnt screw it up!!! The part numbers on the packing list aren't even close to the ones they penned on the boxes..smooth. Then they send me a fuel filter for said vehicle and it has a PCV valve in it, wow genius!!
    Last edited by trannybuster; 06-09-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: edit

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

Re: Rock Auto is a joke

You must have bad luck. first fwd, now rock auto... i have ordred parts many times from RA for many years and have never had an order messed up.
    however i work in a warehouse and i know easy it is to put the wrong order in the right box. doesnt make them a 'joke'.. but if thats how you feel im sure autozone and advance would love to take your money.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

I have had nothing but GREAT success with Rock Auto.

Just like EVERY other auto parts supplier, sometimes just a part # isn't good enough. look at the part with a visual inspection, and...... ask the seller questions. You CAN email them and get an actual person to respond. I have many times.

Fast service and bestest pricing. It does suck when our cars are a bit misunderstood, though....
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Well Im not one for making or accepting excuses from anyone. Maybe you guys haven't noticed but gas prices are up, ppl are losing jobs, laid off and I for one demand more for my money, not hassles.
    Yeah I think this is the worst run of luck Ive had in a long time and for once it isnt caused by me and Im about fed up.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Having worked in auto parts in one way or another for most of my working life, these things are often not entirely the fault of the retailer. SOmetimes it can be customers taking advantage of a generous return policy.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

Nothing but GREAT service and parts from rock auto. I have spent big money with them too on all my cars/vans. But there are some parts that I have to see in my hand before I buy them. There are just something I just don't or don't feel comfortable ordering. You wouldn't believe how hard getting the right brake parts for a glh is. Best to go in to a store if you can't afford a mistake.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Having worked in auto parts in one way or another for most of my working life, these things are often not entirely the fault of the retailer. SOmetimes it can be customers taking advantage of a generous return policy.
    Yep, I get reboxed stuff that's wrong and used parts instead of new in box's,

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmonty View Post
    Nothing but GREAT service and parts from rock auto. I have spent big money with them too on all my cars/vans. But there are some parts that I have to see in my hand before I buy them. There are just something I just don't or don't feel comfortable ordering. You wouldn't believe how hard getting the right brake parts for a glh is. Best to go in to a store if you can't afford a mistake.
    87 Shelby is 5 bolt, no matter where you go, so he shouldn't have got 4 bolt, I don't even think it was offered in 87. A pcv valve in a fuel filter box, that's frickin brutal.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

bought a lot of stuff lately from RA. No issues so far. Will continue to use them along with the other vendors on this forum.

Well like another poster said at least I called and someone answered the phone. The guy was polite enough too.
    JUst a little concerned when Ive only ordered twice and once is all screw'd up.
    He's suppose to send me a shipper back to them and pay for all the shipping, even the other items Ill keep.
    Alright feelin a little loved now

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trannybuster View Post
    Well like another poster said at least I called and someone answered the phone. The guy was polite enough too.
    JUst a little concerned when Ive only ordered twice and once is all screw'd up.
    He's suppose to send me a shipper back to them and pay for all the shipping, even the other items Ill keep.
    Alright feelin a little loved now
    See, now wouldn't have been better to call them before berating them on a forum?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

I worked with an older coworker and liked his saying, "shootem all, count the bodies later"..........
    Really, this post did RockAUto good, because now others can see how I was treated even after they made a mistake. SO YOU see the glass is half full now, where is was half empty..........

turbo addict

Any company will take your money and all is good till there are "issues". The sign of a good company, person, etc. , is how they react when something goes wrong. +1 for Rock Auto making it right!!!
    Calling them a "joke" publicly, is sure enlightening. Speaks volumes. They are a vendor on this forum. IMO, you should have at least given them the opportunity to correct before flaming them.
    Todd

Trust Me...I'm "The Doctor"™ Turbo Mopar Vendor LaserXT1986's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4 l-bodies View Post
    Any company will take your money and all is good till there are "issues". The sign of a good company, person, etc. , is how they react when something goes wrong. +1 for Rock Auto making it right!!!
    Calling them a "joke" publicly, is sure enlightening. Speaks volumes. They are a vendor on this forum. IMO, you should have at least given them the opportunity to correct before flaming them.
    Todd
    +1. It's easy to complain without knowing what goes on behind the scenes. If the people complaining knew just what a PITA it is to run your own business, they may think differently. Mistakes happen, but it's the customer service above all else that proves your true worth as a vendor.

As I have said many times before, it's this kind of nonsense and unnecessary public ousting that drives vendors away because it's not worth the hassle. Relentless Performance and LRE come to mind...EXCELLENT vendors with AWESOME, unique products, that just didn't feel it was worth it and are now long gone, and we are the ones who truly "lost out". You make 1000 people happy and hear nothing, but make ONE mistake and before you can even make good on it, you get a bunch of sh!t.....

And +1 also for Rock Auto making it right!!
    David C. Lucidi/1986 Chrysler Laser XT aka "K.I.T.T"
    Authorized TM Decal Vendor:

"SDAC-Club decals": National & many others.
    "Turbo-Mopar": All Decals in store.
    "Turbos Unleashed": Decals in the TU store.
    "Custom and One of a Kind": PM me your specific needs!
    "G-BODY TURBO,TURBO Z, SHELBY Z decals": 100% authentic exact reproduction of factory originals, guaranteed to meet concourse level restorations.

Todd

You do it your way I do it my way. What Ive heard are your opinions, and Ive given mine. Unless your unaware no one has a WRONG opinion. In the end its there mistake not mine. Mistakes cost US money,it cost them money, so shame on them. Getting a PCV valve in a fuel filter box is a joke BTW....not one to laugh over either.
    Yeah, sure, they handled the shipping but I got zippo for MY time, which last I checked I cant get refunded as easily as that shipping. Go ahead make some more excuses for them, that's exactly what they need!
    You get what you demand from people, PERIOD. Quite frankly I should be blaming all you sympathetic's toward there cause, you,ve accepted there mistakes and now here I sit with the mess.......go ahead pat yourself on the back....but this is just...IMO.....

turbo addict

wow lol. And i thought i was an angry mofo and view the world as a whole to be garbage. I agree with some of that but man u took things to a whole different level haha. Makes me going to my professional counseling look like i got nothing wrong with me.

Hybrid booster

Why is this thread still alive after RA made it right? Crap happens... build a bridge...and get over it!!!
    - Dave MacArthur '83 Shelby Charger - TII conversion ("The Mistress") '08 Ranger '04 Malibu '12 Can Am Spyder RT

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

I agree, move on!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by trannybuster View Post
    Quite frankly I should be blaming all you sympathetic's toward there cause, you,ve accepted there mistakes and now here I sit with the mess.......go ahead pat yourself on the back....but this is just...IMO.....
    I suppose the members on this forum are to blame when you blow your car up too...eh?

boostaholic

Sh*t happens... dont sh*t all over RockAuto cause they made a little mistake. You're not perfect either, remember?