Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 86 glhs #71

86 glhs #71

Up for sale is my GLHS. It has a rust free body with minor door dings. It will need a total restoration but most everything is there, including all Shelby specific items except the front Koni struts. Someone had cut the center support from the core support so I had a NOS upper tie bar and support installed at the dealership I work fors body shop. The Centurions are rash free but need restored. I have a blue or red GLH-T hood to go with as the original is gone. I have two NOS standard Omni fenders to go with it. It will need a rear bumper, I have the original but the aluminum corroded and it broke off. Appears to have been in a front end collision at some point but the same body shop where the support was installed, inspected it and measured it with a tram (I think is what he called it) and the front was in square. I have the 86 turbo short block from my Horizon, 523 transmission, cable and shifters, brand new axles, radiator and I/C assembly, the original turbo, and two piece intake is there. The block was windowed and discarded. I have everything from the block though. Interior is ok, seats are torn but I do have
    Day I picked it up:

Once we got home:

Hole in the block:

At the body shop waiting:

I have several more pics just ask. Please don't ask me to sell parts. I refuse to part this car. I don't have time for it at the moment with my Valiant project and would rather someone looking for one of these for an easy to restore project enjoy it. Asking price is $2000 O.B.O. I'm willing to entertain a serious offer. May be interested in a trade of a running driving car or motorcycle,obviously not looking for projects. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Captain Chaos; 04-06-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Re: 86 glhs #71

Any decent offers? Its a solid car, would be an easy project. I just have more important family things that need to be tended to.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I would love this car but i couldn't afford that price. I guess its still got a lot of worth because of what it is and that the shelby stuff is still intact.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    I would love this car but i couldn't afford that price. I guess its still got a lot of worth because of what it is and that the shelby stuff is still intact.

Bump
    I understand that completely. I'm on the downhill of putting a 5.9 in my Dakota then I have a complete rebuilt engine and trans for the Shadow to go in, then I will start back on this car. Just thought someone may be ready to start on this thing since I'm not and it would make room for the Valiant which is next in line. Nothing like being project rich and pocket poor.

Bump for new price. Really would like to see it go to someone who can do it some justice.

Sent Pm...thx

Replied.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shelbyconcepts's Avatar

Sean

Yours looks like it could use the parts from this one.... I wish I had the space I think it would be a cool project to combine the two cars...

Tim

The time has come to see if I can drum up some interest in what remains of our former road racing car.
    I think you folks all know that this car is the one we purchased as a street car from Neil Hannemann circa 1995 to build into a car to race at Waterford Hills.
    Judi took it through driver's school, and we raced it at an Improved Touring level of prep.....but in 'X class' since it is turbocharged.
    It has a Mopar Performance 6-point bolt-in cage, currently with the side bars removed since it lived it's last years again as a street car (was always licensed for road use).
    We added an external oil cooler, and the MP higher pressure oil pump spring, a later roller follower head, rear disc brakes from a Shelby CSX and a MP rear swaybar but otherwise it's close to stock.
    It has the original prototype koni's on the rear (with new MP springs), but Neal had fitted Monroe Formula GP's to the front and that's how we ran it.
    A look through the pictures here shows its current state, following the Fun Run incident 3 seasons back:
    http://s685.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Brians%20car/ (thanks Tim for hosting them).
    Hard to look at I know, but I would like to find someone that would be interested in buying the car as it is, than part-by-part.
    After Bill hit the front wall, he urged me to let him take the car home so he could fix it back up, and I think his plan was to get another good shell to transfer the parts to.
    Well, that never happened.......and I need to work on getting it out of the yard.
    Whatever we can get for this car will go directly to the account that has been set up for Bill & Mara's 2 young boys.

If it goes for a decent price then I will make the new owner a fantastic deal on the other parts I have for the car in my garage, a partial list of which includes:

A freshly rebuilt set of Koni front struts with new MP springs (powdercoated since they came unfinished).
    Several sets of wheels, including the Superlight 25's that came on it (and we used for racing).
    Design & Fabrication strut tower bar (new, never installed).
    Many interior pieces that could be used for going back to full street trim.
    Various engine parts, new bearings, original head, etc.
    Spare body parts, mainly fenders & doors but also the very nice original black anodized bumpers (it was a CA car afterall ;-).
    A repo "Intercooler" decal for the back hatch (production GLHS Omni's said "Intercooled") that David at Positive Impressions made up for me.
    Original engine controller, which like other aspects of the car had probably had been tweaked at Shelby (it's currently fitted with a MP Stage 2 unit).
    Much more stuff that I'm not remembering off the top of my head...........

Any help you guys can do to find a new owner for this project would be very much appreciated.
    The car ran GREAT right up until the point that it, well, er.........didn't ;-(

Brian

Here's a small album I created for the car. Any more pics needed LMK:

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...E/GLHS%20Pics/

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyconcepts View Post
    Sean

Yours looks like it could use the parts from this one.... I wish I had the space I think it would be a cool project to combine the two cars...

Tim
    Wow, what a shame.
    I have all the front grille pieces they just aren't in A quality shape and I purchased this car with the intent taht I wasn't going to slap a drivetrain in it and call it a GLHS. My Horizon was a decent runner just ugly, same with my Shadow. I wanted this thing to be the "total package" if you will. If I don't sell I still will, just could use the space for my Valiant.

Hybrid booster

Oh noes its for sale!! Hopefully someone can rescue her. Since the rad support fixed,should be a great fixer upper. I stored that car indoors too long to see it get scrapped!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEBALL View Post
    Oh noes its for sale!! Hopefully someone can rescue her. Since the rad support fixed,should be a great fixer upper. I stored that car indoors too long to see it get scrapped!!
    Its only been outside while in my possession when it was at the body shop. Otherwise its been in my garage and now my dads shop. The car is definately to straight and rust free to be parted and scrapped and if I have anything to do with it won't let that happen. If it doesn't sell then it will continue to be stored, doesn't cost me a dime to stay in storage.

Mitsu booster

I'm the one with the crunched race car that Tim posted up about earlier (thanks Tim, I'm now registered to this site), that could be an excellent match for GLHS #71's triumphant return to service.
    After reading the specifics, it certainly appears to be way too solid a car not to restore.

Cheers,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by FormerShelbyRacer View Post
    I'm the one with the crunched race car that Tim posted up about earlier (thanks Tim, I'm now registered to this site), that could be an excellent match for GLHS #71's triumphant return to service.
    After reading the specifics, it certainly appears to be way too solid a car not to restore.

Cheers,
    Brian
    Thanks Brian, welcome to the site.

Hybrid booster

Yes car is a good solid builder and deserves a comeback. Id like it back but wayy too many irons in the fire as it is,sooooo

Air cooled VW's, and yellow turbo P body's or VNT P body's are both acceptable bartering tools.

I was reminded on the other site that its still for sale so bump...

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I was reminded on the other site that its still for sale so bump...
    Thanks for the reminder, the car I had available to compliment this one has been sold.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by FormerShelbyRacer View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, the car I had available to compliment this one has been sold.

Brian
    Congrats hopefully it went to a good home.

Sale Pending...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast