Thread: 92 spirit r/t engine,need front mount intercooler help

92 spirit r/t engine,need front mount intercooler help

ok i recently just bought a spirit. he guy before me had the intercooler ran all kinda wack. does anyone have any pics or info about installing one, im going to most likely need to start over. he had the air intake running strait from the intercooler, its all weird. ill post pics up tomorrow of what it looks like but i nee some help from someone who knoes or has done one of theses installs.

thanks
    -JT

engine pics comming soon.

Last edited by 92spiritT3; 06-06-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: PICS

Hybrid booster

Re: 92 spirit r/t engine,need front mount intercooler help

engine bay pics?

comming soon, its the 2.5 turbo sohc. jus got her running today, the guy said it was a fuel pump, WRONG, we replaced the starter (it turned over but jumped from time to time) replaced the distributor cap (it was cracked) new plugs, and even bought and ignition coil (not sure if it was bad but only $30). had to adjust the distributer a little bit and she fired up. the timing it off so we are going to set that in the next day or two and she should be running ok. does have a little tick going on, not sure what it is really, along with a little belt squeel but no big deal. my buddy knows a way to route the intercooler but now we need some piping.

will keep ya updated

-JT

like i said, it was all outta wack, the intake was going directly to the IC. i have no idea wat he was doing.

Last edited by 92spiritT3; 06-07-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: pics

turbo addict

Are you looking for pics of the stock setup or cars with front mounts? There is a thread with a lot of frotn mount pics, just search. rx2mazda has a front mount ready to go for sale.

turbo addict

Spirit R/T should be a 16v 2.2. If it has an 8v engine it is swapped.

Edit: The 8th digit of the VIN should be an A if it is a R/T car. 3B3XA66A...
    Last edited by Turbo3Iroc; 06-07-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: added vin

its not an R/T car just the turbo engine. the car is an ES body. and im not looking for the setup, jus how people did it. i have the intercooler and some piping just dont really know what to do wit it, like i said my buddy found a way to do it but im still curious on other options everyone else took.

turbo addict

Ok your screen name threw me off and you can see it is white under the primer which is a R/T color.

its not even primer, the guy spray bombed it . yeah its 92 Spirit T3 for t3 turbo. the guy said it was an ES body, he swapped in the turbo engine.

turbo addict

ES's came with turbos but this may have well been swapped. Good luck sorting it out, AA bodies make great sleepers!

well im taking this guys word on it, he told me it was swapped from an R/T. yeah were doing on so far, just getting her running good for now then going to get the front mount piped in right (took it out for now) yeah the plan is for a sleeper. the interior is pretty rough, no headliner, the pilar moldings are missing, the backseats were falling out. Soooo...i think what im going to do, remove the back seats for less weight, the trunk is already stripped, the guy already deleted the a/c, and just try and keep her as low on weight as possible instead of trying to get all the molding and redoing the interior, eventually put in some racing seats, the front seats arent so great either. BUT for now, im going to jus keep working on the engine, once she runs right, going to need some exhaust work, already has no cats, he replaced with a straight pipe. i would say a 2.5-3" pipe back to the gas tank and it stops, going to have to pick up some angled pipe and run a muffler to the rear (loud as ---- witout a muffler and kinda dont sound the best, atleast to my taste.) but on that note, what is everyone else doing as far as exhaust goes, mufflers, size pipe, etc. i was thinking a dynomax ultra flo muffler.

well ill keep ya updated. should have video of running soon